The +1 ticket system

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The +1 ticket system

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:03 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:and it wont make the person who couldnt be bothered to go to other matches turn up either :lol:

blaming someone for potential lower crowd numbers for giving out a ticket is laughable, perhaps your just thinking about your own situation here i dunno?

Actually I've attended 10 matches inc the Mansfield one sat in various areas of the ground and been at the Captains lounge for 3.

ST not viable for me, no other reason

whats the issue then? you can get a ticket
paulh_85

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think to be fair, the +1 going with the season ticket holder should have to provide evidence that a certain number of games has been attended this season. Otherwise, there is the potential that 14,000 plastics will be there for this one game where many proper fans who don’t have a season ticket because of living/working away miss out.

I spoke to some City fans from Nottingham up Mansfield Tuesday, who go to as many games as they can, but didn’t get a season ticket because they were unsure at the start of the season how many home games they could attend because of living away, circumstances etc. Those people deserve a ticket, but they probably won’t be able to get one.

So to answer the question, no it’s definitely not fair.

Watch out for the flack my friend ha ha
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:05 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:I think to be fair, the +1 going with the season ticket holder should have to provide evidence that a certain number of games has been attended this season. Otherwise, there is the potential that 14,000 plastics will be there for this one game where many proper fans who don’t have a season ticket because of living/working away miss out.

I spoke to some City fans from Nottingham up Mansfield Tuesday, who go to as many games as they can, but didn’t get a season ticket because they were unsure at the start of the season how many home games they could attend because of living away, circumstances etc. Those people deserve a ticket, but they probably won’t be able to get one.

so these people, who go to as many games as they can, dont know any of the 14,000 season ticket holders who can help them out?

why not give them the extra ones you, your dad and brother get?
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:and it wont make the person who couldnt be bothered to go to other matches turn up either :lol:

blaming someone for potential lower crowd numbers for giving out a ticket is laughable, perhaps your just thinking about your own situation here i dunno?

Actually I've attended 10 matches inc the Mansfield one sat in various areas of the ground and been at the Captains lounge for 3.

ST not viable for me, no other reason

whats the issue then? you can get a ticket

No issue, I was answering the question on the thread, plz read his question!

I'll have a chance Sunday but with the clubs words subject to availability ha ha
Pulisnewport

Postby Sven » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:07 pm

Personally, I think it's great (possibly a reward) for season ticket holders but I can't say I find it particularly 'fair' in doing it that way

There will be a spread of genuine and plastic fans attending the match and that won't change regardless of who gets to buy the tickets (season ticket holders or others)

What also strikes me as an oddity is the fact that most Seadin ticket holder's won't have their 'guests sat with them anyway, as 'blocks' of seats will be hard to come by

I think the words "You're in my seat, mate!" will be ringing around the ground as people try to stay together and might take some sorting with one or two! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

so these people, who go to as many games as they can, dont know any of the 14,000 season ticket holders who can help them out?

I would think most STH would give to family/friends first before another fan. It's life
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Sven wrote:Personally, I think it's great (possibly a reward) for season ticket holders but I can't say I find it particularly 'fair' in doing it that way

There will be a spread of genuine and plastic fans attending the match and that won't change regardless of who gets to buy the tickets (season ticket holders or others)

What also strikes me as an oddity is the fact that most Seadin ticket holder's won't have their 'guests sat with them anyway, as 'blocks' of seats will be hard to come by

I think the words "You're in my seat, mate!" will be ringing around the ground as people try to stay together and might take some sorting with one or two! :(

doubt it. season ticket holders know their +1 cant just rock up next to them.

Its an opportunity to get more people in the stadium, and hope that some of them stick around.

the term plastic is a silly one, we average less that 20K, everyone above that is a plastic really.
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Sven wrote:Personally, I think it's great (possibly a reward) for season ticket holders but I can't say I find it particularly 'fair' in doing it that way

Oh my god Chris, you've joined the debate ha ha
Pulisnewport

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I would think most STH would give to family/friends first before another fan. It's life

i bet a large proportion of them wont get taken.

but anyway, these people ross knows who dont have season tickets... do they not have friends who do?
paulh_85

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:11 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

doubt it. season ticket holders know their +1 cant just rock up next to them.

Its an opportunity to get more people in the stadium, and hope that some of them stick around.

the term plastic is a silly one, we average less that 20K, everyone above that is a plastic really.

I totally agree can't believe where those 16000 plastics have come from since my early days.
Pulisnewport

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:13 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

It was a family of 6-7 people and I don’t know their address, contact details etc. Also, I’m not paying money for a second ticket. I hope not every season ticket holder is greedy so there are still tickets left for the gold members and whatever other loyal fan is next in line.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:14 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

It was a family of 6-7 people and I don’t know their address, contact details etc. Also, I’m not paying money for a second ticket. I hope not every season ticket holder is greedy so there are still tickets left for the gold members and whatever other loyal fan is next in line.

"loyal" fan is a bit of a fallacy, im sure 99% of the people who would have gone to the bolton match will be at the man city one :thumbright:
paulh_85

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

i bet a large proportion of them wont get taken.

but anyway, these people ross knows who dont have season tickets... do they not have friends who do?

I don’t know those people Paul, I just bumped into them up Mansfield. What I’m saying is I hope those types of fans are able to get tickets for the game, as they’re more deserving.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby fred keenor » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:17 pm

Or any other home game would guarantee a ticket.
Totally fair imo
fred keenor

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:09 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:The only thing I will point out is that those who have given tickets out to mates to watch Man City. I would hope they would continue to support the club for all the other games. However we all know they won't and that's the bit that's not fair.

Why's that not fair? At the start of the season I paid for a season ticket which gives me the right to purchase 2 tickets for the cup games. I was given this option knowing that if I purchased 2 tickets I would decide who goes to the game. If that happens to be a friend who only goes once a season or someone who goes to 15 games, that's up to me to distribute that ticket as I see fit.

If you bought a season ticket you're entitled to tickets for this game on a first come first serve basis. If you used to have a season ticket but not any more you're not entitled to a ticket until they go on sale in the bracket that you qualify for.

Seems fair enough to me :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

when you bought your season ticket it gave you the right to purchase your seat...not the plus 1..
should the club have sold more than 16k season tickets, the plus 1 would be an impossibility.
dogfound

Postby NorthCardiffBlue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:The only thing I will point out is that those who have given tickets out to mates to watch Man City. I would hope they would continue to support the club for all the other games. However we all know they won't and that's the bit that's not fair.

Why's that not fair? At the start of the season I paid for a season ticket which gives me the right to purchase 2 tickets for the cup games. I was given this option knowing that if I purchased 2 tickets I would decide who goes to the game. If that happens to be a friend who only goes once a season or someone who goes to 15 games, that's up to me to distribute that ticket as I see fit.

If you bought a season ticket you're entitled to tickets for this game on a first come first serve basis. If you used to have a season ticket but not any more you're not entitled to a ticket until they go on sale in the bracket that you qualify for.

when you bought your season ticket it gave you the right to purchase your seat...not the plus 1..
should the club have sold more than 16k season tickets, the plus 1 would be an impossibility.

My plus one is in one of the empty seats though, a seat where there isn't a season ticket and until the tickets go on general sale is up for grabs due to the plus one offer. They're seats that ST holders get early access to due to being a season ticket holder.

If we had 20k season tickets I would still have the option of purchasing a +1 ticket earlier than general sale but it would be on a first come first serve basis. It's the fairest system going and it's the same system that has been in place for years including Mansfield and Man City.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
NorthCardiffBlue

Postby rhondda 1015 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:06 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years but didn't get one this year. I have attended most home matches anyway, but no season ticket therefore I am not eligible for a cup ticket. 14,000 odd season ticket holders can buy a spare one and hand to someone who hasn't been before, or rarely attends, but fancies watching Sergio Aguero for a nice day out. Is this system fair?

Perfectly fair, and I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:12 pm

NorthCardiffBlue wrote:
dogfound wrote:
NorthCardiffBlue wrote:

My plus one is in one of the empty seats though, a seat where there isn't a season ticket and until the tickets go on general sale is up for grabs due to the plus one offer. They're seats that ST holders get early access to due to being a season ticket holder.

If we had 20k season tickets I would still have the option of purchasing a +1 ticket earlier than general sale but it would be on a first come first serve basis. It's the fairest system going and it's the same system that has been in place for years including Mansfield and Man City.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

as i said it would be impossible once season ticket sales reach a certain level...and is not a right or an in place system..for the FA cup semi it was 1 per ST holder. im almost certain that was the criteria for the final as well....and 1 for anyone that had bought a ST for the following season so if you had renewed your entitlement was 2. but it certainly was not +1..NO club that has a ST uptake of more than 40% of its capacity does a plus 1 simply because the numbers dont add up.
dogfound

Postby epping blue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm

CF3BLUE wrote:I've been a season ticket holder for 18 years but didn't get one this year. I have attended most home matches anyway, but no season ticket therefore I am not eligible for a cup ticket. 14,000 odd season ticket holders can buy a spare one and hand to someone who hasn't been before, or rarely attends, but fancies watching Sergio Aguero for a nice day out. Is this system fair?

Like yourself I've given up my season ticket and I think you have to except that with that goes any right of expectation. If it acts as incentive for people to retain or indeed get a new season ticket then I'm all for them doing what ever they need to do. I have managed to get tickets myself though and hope your successful.
epping blue

Postby maccydee » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
maccydee wrote:Course it isn’t fair but what system would be?

If you went to Mansfield you could have got a ticket.

I did and have to wait until Sunday but you work out the maths.

The original poster didn’t specify whether he attended Mansfield or not.
maccydee

Postby epping blue » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:03 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Actually I got 5 tickets for the game in Mansfield for non season ticket holders although to be honest 4 of them weren't even Cardiff fans and will probably watch the City game from Nottingham. I've managed to secure tickets for me and my son.
epping blue

Postby dogfound » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:07 pm

epping blue wrote:

Like yourself I've given up my season ticket and I think you have to except that with that goes any right of expectation. If it acts as incentive for people to retain or indeed get a new season ticket then I'm all for them doing what ever they need to do. I have managed to get tickets myself though and hope your successful.

im an ST holder but if id walked up half a dozen times this year and then failed in getting a ticket for this id be more inclined to be totally p155ed off than buy a ST.
the crowds weve been having and in such a big stadium there should be no one who has watched half a dozen home games without a ticket for this, yet it looks as if there will be.
dogfound

Postby noisycat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:05 pm

I’ve got 2 season tickets, one for me and one for my son, but, I haven’t taken up the option of the 2 extra tickets . I’m quite happy just to be going to the game so I don’t think everybody will take the extra tickets.
noisycat

Postby welshrarebit » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

I think it’s fair. I’ve had my ticket and sold it for 4 times face value.

Kidding. It’s going to my best mate who comes to loads of games games pays on the day.
welshrarebit

Postby Nickoblue23 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:46 pm

Simple you've got to reward your season ticket holders!

The thing I hate and was the worst part of Wales Euro trip was scumbage Welsh fans selling bog standard tickets for £500, £600, £700! Your reward should always be first choice etc. In my opinion anyone ripping off other fans should have their tickets taken off them!!
Nickoblue23

Postby Pulisnewport » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:06 pm

Nickoblue23 wrote:Simple you've got to reward your season ticket holders!

The thing I hate and was the worst part of Wales Euro trip was scumbage Welsh fans selling bog standard tickets for £500, £600, £700! Your reward should always be first choice etc. In my opinion anyone ripping off other fans should have their tickets taken off them!!

Couldn't agree more I saw bloke at the game against England who never went to any Welsh games at all sat in the crowd with his wife.

Trouble is it always brings out the fickle people just disappointed that other fans missed out on it.
Pulisnewport

Postby Stants Step over » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:24 pm

Think we are getting a bit carried away, its a big stadium with very fickle fans. You'll get a ticket if you want one
Stants Step over

Previous

Return to General Chat