The great escape is well and truly on.
dazza

Swansea staying up.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Swansea staying up.

Postby Blueboys1927 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:51 pm

The way thier new manager has revitalised them, and with their new signings I can actually see them comfortably finishing in a mid table to top half finish this season. They look to have bagged themselves an excellent manager, not sure what must have happened at Sheffield Wednesday :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Undefeated in 9...10 points from there last 12....new manager syndrome going to save them again.
Bakedalasker

Postby Gareth (Wilts) » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:07 pm

Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.
RIP Brian Clark & Eddie May
CCFC Legends
Gareth (Wilts)

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Strange how the protests against the board have stopped.

Plenty of time to come back! Quite often new manager get response but then fall away again clements did same last season and they survived just!
pembroke allan

Postby pengamblue » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:51 pm

I feel the same as you Pembroke allan still think they'll go down
pengamblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

pengamblue wrote:I feel the same as you Pembroke allan still think they'll go down

Not sure will go down but plenty time for tings go backwards still got same problem took until after 60mins to put a shot on target then think it was two in whole game? At moment seem to score at 1st attempt will that last that's the question?
pembroke allan

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:56 pm

We are one to talk.

Not a peep (after first resentment of the rebrand) once we started buying quality players and top of the Championship. Not a peep in the Premiership when we were beating Man City. Then we start losing and down the bottom and suddenly we are protesting for Blue.

Let those in glass houses and all that.
maccydee

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:21 pm

maccydee wrote:

We are one to talk.

Not a peep (after first resentment of the rebrand) once we started buying quality players and top of the Championship. Not a peep in the Premiership when we were beating Man City. Then we start losing and down the bottom and suddenly we are protesting for Blue.

Neil, I alluded to this a couple of days ago (after some mischief from another poster) and not a single response!

Disappointed that a 'positivity' Swansea thread has been created by one of our own after he has been so negative (in another) about his own club, though! :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby davids » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Honestly, who gives a fiddly tak tak what happens to them?

I really couldn't give a poo - in fact I'm narked with myself for even commenting on a thread about them. :thumbup:
davids

Postby goats » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:35 pm

Still, sold out by their own kind, staunch jacks I know aren’t happy they are now owned by a yank hedge fund, but strangely not moaning so much as they were. Such turncoats, wouldn’t trust a single one of them in the trenches I tell you. They still hate Jenkins mind, he will be dancing down the streets of Tenby tonight. :occasion5:
goats

Postby goats » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:37 pm

maccydee wrote:

We are one to talk.

Not a peep, some life long fans have never returned
goats

Postby davids » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:55 pm

davids wrote:Honestly, who gives a fiddly tak tak what happens to them?

I really couldn't give a poo - in fact I'm narked with myself for even commenting on a thread about them. :thumbup:

Not quite the way I put it in my original post but hey-ho thanks for altering what I said to the PG version.
davids

Postby LovetheSwans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
pengamblue wrote:I feel the same as you Pembroke allan still think they'll go down

Not sure will go down but plenty time for tings go backwards still got same problem took until after 60mins to put a shot on target then think it was two in whole game? At moment seem to score at 1st attempt will that last that's the question?

Clutching at straws , my friend, Swansea were very good today, against a team with the 3rd best defence in the Pl and who recently drew against Man City .
LovetheSwans

Postby LovetheSwans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:34 pm

There never has been any protest, apart from a handful of people on social media and a few inside the liberty.
LovetheSwans

Postby LovetheSwans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:36 pm

dazza wrote:The great escape is well and truly on.

It certainly is.
LovetheSwans

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Celebrating potential survival is par for the course if your from Swansea. At some poimt the 27 owners will get bored and want their money back. Fat chance. Pretty Shitty City.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby LovetheSwans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:48 pm

goats wrote:

Still, sold out by their own kind, staunch jacks I know aren’t happy they are now owned by a yank hedge fund, but strangely not moaning so much as they were. Such turncoats, wouldn’t trust a single one of them in the trenches I tell you. They still hate Jenkins mind, he will be dancing down the streets of Tenby tonight. :occasion5:

Don’t believe everything you hear, Jenkins is still doing a fantastic job at Swansea and wouldn’t swap him for any other chairman.
LovetheSwans

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:55 pm

LovetheSwans wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Clutching at straws , my friend, Swansea were very good today, against a team with the 3rd best defence in the Pl and who recently drew against Man City .

Yes all well and good but guess you expect to score with 1st shot on target every game! By all accounts on sky everyone fell asleep until 57min when Burnley had the 1st shot on target by both sides!!! You managed a grand total of how many on target ?? But suppose winning game makes you happy for now :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby dorsetblue » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:03 pm

I agree, they’ve had a bounce and whilst out of the bottom 3 they really aren’t that safe, a couple of bad weekends and getting bogged down with the FA Cup will put them back in the Pooh. Carvalho cant stop a team on a downward role, his success is new manager bounce.
dorsetblue

Postby LovetheSwans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:09 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Yes all well and good but guess you expect to score with 1st shot on target every game! By all accounts on sky everyone fell asleep until 57min when Burnley had the 1st shot on target by both sides!!! You managed a grand total of how many on target ?? But suppose winning game makes you happy for now :thumbup:

You don’t win games by having just shots on target, you win games by scoring more goals than the opposition . How many goals did Burnley score today ?
LovetheSwans

Postby LovetheSwans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

You don’t win games by having just shots on target, you win games by scoring more goals than the opposition . How many goals did Burnley score today ?
LovetheSwans

Postby Sven » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:14 pm

See, it's started already! Nice on, Dazza! :thumbright: :roll: :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Bakedalasker » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Sven wrote:See, it's started already! Nice on, Dazza! :thumbright: :roll: :(

Roathy?
Bakedalasker

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:04 pm

goats wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We are one to talk.

I mentioned that with initial resentment. But after that (and some did ask for refunds on season tickets TLG being a notable individual) there was nothing until we started losing.
maccydee

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 pm

Sven wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We are one to talk.

Neil, I alluded to this a couple of days ago (after some mischief from another poster) and not a single response!

Disappointed that a 'positivity' Swansea thread has been created by one of our own after he has been so negative (in another) about his own club, though! :(

Ban him.
maccydee

Postby goats » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 pm

LovetheSwans wrote:

There never has been any protest, apart from a handful of people on social media and a few inside the liberty.

They just rolled over eh? Never, surely? Be run out of Swansea if ever happened there I heard. Trust, a wonderful thing.
goats

Postby LovetheSwans » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 pm

goats wrote:
LovetheSwans wrote:

They just rolled over eh? Never, surely? Be run out of Swansea if ever happened there I heard. Trust, a wonderful thing.

What is there to protest over ? The team were playing poorly and a small amount of fans decided to take it out on the chairman and some of the ex board members , that’s the reality of the situation.
Now that there has been a marked up-turn in performances and results , the protests seem to have disappeared , funny that.
LovetheSwans

Postby avondaleblue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:04 am

Still only 2 pts outside relegation places, not safe yet :wave:
avondaleblue

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:11 am

maccydee wrote:
goats wrote:
maccydee wrote:

We are one to talk.

I mentioned that with initial resentment. But after that (and some did ask for refunds on season tickets TLG being a notable individual) there was nothing until we started losing.

There was a massive protest on the day of the Man City game.
Bakedalasker

Next

Return to General Chat