Cardiff City fans not treated with Respect & Refused

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Apperently The Walkabout in Cardiff were up to their old tricks again.

Many on fb are saying they were refusing plenty of Cardiff fans again and door staff very arrogant again.

Apparently their doorman have an awful attitude.

Not long ago on here I was asked to promote them as they said Cardiff fans were now welcome, well it does not seem the case once again, so def not recommended for Cardiff City Fans.

I think in my opinion Cardiff fans should give it a miss as they never use to welcome City fans and once again it seems they haven’t changed their awful attitude towards football fans.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Cardiff City fans not treated with Respect & Refused

Postby DandoCCFC » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:58 pm

Is this a shock?

Their so far up their own arses it's unbelievable, they could make a real killing from City fans.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby hotwings » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:05 pm

I’m sure a manager from walkabout or member of staff was on here a few weeks ago offering discounts and saying all welcome even wearing Cardiff shirts? That changed quickly!
hotwings

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Aren't they sponsors of the club :lol: joke place.
2blue2handle

Postby gagsey » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Never been back in since years ago they refused me entry cos I had a city pin badge on. Could offer free booze all night wouldn't go in on principle. Even posted on their Facebook page the same and had a reply saying changed owners etc and we would be welcome along with discounts if we show season tickets etc. No way will I step foot in there.
gagsey

Postby Wolfpac » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 pm

Shit hole of a dump, been there twice, they hate the city in there and then you get some chump manager posting on here less than a week ago saying we're all welcome.

Stick it up your keiber
Wolfpac

Postby Ell » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 pm

I was the said “manager” (I’m not a manager for Walkabout) that posted about city fans being welcome.

They are welcome - today there was two isolated “incidents” - one where someone was asked for ID and they were refused entry as they didn’t have any.

The other where someone had a hat on and was asked to remove it whilst in venue.

Any one who has had any problems today feel free to private message me so I can get them resolved. Understand options aren’t changed over night and one bad experience can ruin it for everyone.

We have had a fantastic response from the majority of fans enjoying discounted drinks and food, and had a great turn out at the fa cup event on Friday night with Danny Gabbidon and Neville Southall.
Ell

Postby wez1927 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:57 pm

gagsey wrote:Never been back in since years ago they refused me entry cos I had a city pin badge on. Could offer free booze all night wouldn't go in on principle. Even posted on their Facebook page the same and had a reply saying changed owners etc and we would be welcome along with discounts if we show season tickets etc. No way will I step foot in there.

Are you sure it's wasn't you're crocodile slippers you were wearing? :lol:
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby avondaleblue » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:00 pm

I wonder if a rugby fan would be asked to remove his hat, I doubt it, just saying. What the hell did they think he had hidden under his hat for god sake :roll:
avondaleblue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:27 pm

hotwings wrote:I’m sure a manager from walkabout or member of staff was on here a few weeks ago offering discounts and saying all welcome even wearing Cardiff shirts? That changed quickly!

Spot on - Yes they were on here with their offers etc...
TopCat CCFC

Postby DexterMorgan » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:45 pm

Do people still even go here? Always dead when i walk past it.

I went to Brewdog & Central with a city shirt on and had no problems. :occasion5:
DexterMorgan

Postby Ell » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:59 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
hotwings wrote:I’m sure a manager from walkabout or member of staff was on here a few weeks ago offering discounts and saying all welcome even wearing Cardiff shirts? That changed quickly!

Spot on - Yes they were on here with their offers etc...

See my reply above - Cheers
Ell

Postby Sloper Road » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:32 am

Ell wrote:I was the said “manager” (I’m not a manager for Walkabout) that posted about city fans being welcome.

They are welcome - today there was two isolated “incidents” - one where someone was asked for ID and they were refused entry as they didn’t have any.

The other where someone had a hat on and was asked to remove it whilst in venue.

Any one who has had any problems today feel free to private message me so I can get them resolved. Understand options aren’t changed over night and one bad experience can ruin it for everyone.

We have had a fantastic response from the majority of fans enjoying discounted drinks and food, and had a great turn out at the fa cup event on Friday night with Danny Gabbidon and Neville Southall.

I went there with my son's yesterday ( better than werherspoons) , asked for id and had to remove hat, no issues , staff were pleasant and a mix of both sets of fans, asked to put the Italian footie match on the big screen instead of motor racing and was done without hassle. Don't mind the I'd bit as you know the venue is secure, not sure why they wanted the hat removal but as long as that's the same for both sets of fans and sports then I'm okay with that. Mind you when he said no hats in here i said you got some man city fans in here!.. my hearing is plaining up mind!!
Sloper Road

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:41 am

Sloper Road wrote:
Ell wrote:I was the said “manager” (I’m not a manager for Walkabout) that posted about city fans being welcome.

I went there with my son's yesterday ( better than werherspoons) , asked for id and had to remove hat, no issues , staff were pleasant and a mix of both sets of fans, asked to put the Italian footie match on the big screen instead of motor racing and was done without hassle. Don't mind the I'd bit as you know the venue is secure, not sure why they wanted the hat removal but as long as that's the same for both sets of fans and sports then I'm okay with that. Mind you when he said no hats in here i said you got some man city fans in here!.. my hearing is plaining up mind!!

The main point is, it’s not the same rules for both sets of fans, Rugby fans are not asked to remove anything or asked for id etc.

What I reading on fb and in the past my own experiences Cardiff City fans are treated with less respect by far comoared to rugby fans in this establishment, which is wrong after O have continually let them advertise on this forum.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby frazier » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:26 am

I think that the dislike for football fans in the Walkabout goes back to the time when Barnsley's mob turned up there at 11 o'clock on a Saturday morning in 2003.
frazier

Postby Sven » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks, Eli. This seems to put a little perspective on the topic and I am aware of several City fans who had a good day at Walkabout before the game :thumbright: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Always go in Tiny Rebel, always welcoming never any issues with wearing a hat at all, think that may be a CCTV thing. Good beer aswell and food if you fancy it. :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Ell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:

The main point is, it’s not the same rules for both sets of fans, Rugby fans are not asked to remove anything or asked for id etc.

What I reading on fb and in the past my own experiences Cardiff City fans are treated with less respect by far comoared to rugby fans in this establishment, which is wrong after O have continually let them advertise on this forum.

Rugby fans are and will be asked to remove things such as hats - this is a policy which the majority of city centre venues have due to CCTV / ID.

Everyone no matter who you are on a match day of any sport is and can be asked for ID - this again is for security and safety. I’d take it as a compliment if someone ID’d me, not an insult!

There may have been times in the past under previous ownership and management where this would be different but I know all management there and know times have changed.

Please done let an isolated incident such as removal of a hat or ID tarnish your opinion of somewhere - especially when a lot of work is being done to welcome city, wales and all football fans. It won’t happen over night but it’s a start.
Ell

Postby Ell » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Sven wrote:

Thanks, Eli. This seems to put a little perspective on the topic and I am aware of several City fans who had a good day at Walkabout before the game :thumbright: :ayatollah:

No problem - happy to address eveything - just want everyone to have a good time and be welcomed across all of our pubs :thumbright:
Ell

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:50 pm

Ell wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sloper Road wrote:

Rugby fans are and will be asked to remove things such as hats - this is a policy which the majority of city centre venues have due to CCTV / ID.

Everyone no matter who you are on a match day of any sport is and can be asked for ID - this again is for security and safety. I’d take it as a compliment if someone ID’d me, not an insult!

There may have been times in the past under previous ownership and management where this would be different but I know all management there and know times have changed.

Please done let an isolated incident such as removal of a hat or ID tarnish your opinion of somewhere - especially when a lot of work is being done to welcome city, wales and all football fans. It won’t happen over night but it’s a start.

:thumbright: Cannot get any fairer than that tbh.
1980s Bluebird

Postby ccfc95 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 pm

This place really need to get their act in gear , after having one pint prior to going out myself and a mate qeued up for about 10-15 minutes to get into this place as a few others were already inside. ( I usually avoid to be honest as I've never been a fan of the place ) only to get to the front and be refused entry for being ' to drunk ' . While we waited for the rest already inside to finish their drinks and leave I counted the exact same thing happen to another 8 blokes in the space of 10 minutes who were showing no signs of being to drunk.
Don't know what the motive behind it is but what a shower of shit.
ccfc95

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:40 pm

who wears a hat indoors anyway??
WelshPatriot

Postby Xcasual » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Why do Cardiff fans still bother going there ? Take our money somewhere else ,Fake Aussie accents anyway. :occasion5:
Xcasual

Postby GrangeEndStar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Xcasual wrote:Why do Cardiff fans still bother going there ? Take our money somewhere else ,Fake Aussie accents anyway. :occasion5:

Exactly mate. I've never seen the appeal of fake theme bars. I wouldn't even go in there if they were offering city fans free beer and blow jobs.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Having read on this message board that they were offering pints for £2.50 for Cardiff City season ticket holders wishing to watch the Wales V Rep Ireland World Cup qualifier game, I went down. Straight away it was obvious that there was no football on and that the place was rammed with people having a night out. When I went to the bar, they said they weren’t showing the game so I didn’t ask about the offer and took my custom to Elevens Bar where there was a great footballing atmosphere.
103 Barmy Army

Postby wez1927 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:15 pm

Use the bourgh instead ,great drinkers pub
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby stan106 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:44 pm

It's ridiculous that we even have to give each other advice on where we are welcome in our own city FFS
stan106

Postby stan106 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:34 pm

It's ridiculous that we even have to give each other advice on where we are welcome in our own city
stan106

Postby Bananas » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Ell wrote:
Sven wrote:

No problem - happy to address eveything - just want everyone to have a good time and be welcomed across all of our pubs :thumbright:

You can stick your fake accents and shite beer thank you. Stick with the rugby morons a few times a year and I'm sure your bosses will be pleased with the turnover. :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:32 pm

Tiny Rebel always welcoming for City fans, actually they just treat as a normal customer, do not relate to either football or rugby just someone who wants a beer, a good pub with some great choices of lager and ale. :ayatollah:
1980s Bluebird

Next

Return to General Chat