My favourite City team of all time

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby 65Blue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:38 pm

Not the best players by any means but were favourite players at the time they we playing for us

Ron Healey
Robbie James
Paul Went
Brian Harris
Andy Legg
Ian Gibson
Jason Koumas
Willie Anderson
John Toshack
Robin Friday
Adrian Alston
65Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: My favourite City team of all time

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:42 pm

65Blue wrote:Not the best players by any means but were favourite players at the time they we playing for us

Ron Healey
Robbie James
Paul Went
Brian Harris
Andy Legg
Ian Gibson
Jason Koumas
Willie Anderson
John Toshack
Robin Friday
Adrian Alston

must put David Marshall, McNaughton or Joe mason :bluebird:
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:04 pm

Koumas 1st time was outstanding...2nd spell was shocking and wouldn't be in the top 500 players !!!
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Gavin Ward

Damon Searle
Kevin Ratcliffe
Jason Perry
Robbie James

Cohen Griffith
Paul Ramsey
Nicky Richardson
Paul Miller

Phil Stant
Carl Dale
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby 65Blue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:16 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Gavin Ward

Damon Searle
Kevin Ratcliffe
Jason Perry
Robbie James

Cohen Griffith
Paul Ramsey
Nicky Richardson
Paul Miller

Phil Stant
Carl Dale

With hindsight would have put Stant and Miller was a great character
65Blue

Postby kimble » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:49 am

Fred Davies
Steve Derrett
Don Murray
Brian Harris
Gary Bell
Barrie Jones
Ian Gibson
Jason Kavanagh
Ronnie Bird
John Toshack
Brian Clark
kimble

Postby thomas9990 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:23 am

kimble wrote:Fred Davies
Steve Derrett
Don Murray
Brian Harris
Gary Bell
Barrie Jones
Ian Gibson
Jason Kavanagh
Ronnie Bird
John Toshack
Brian Clark

I’m assuming you mean Graham Kavanagh
thomas9990

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:14 am

Got to be the 1982/83 squad who secured promotion that year after a a final day outing to Eastville Stadium, a cracking blood and thunder side that epitomized Cardiff City and its fans at the time. :bluebird: :old:
1980s Bluebird

Postby since64 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:41 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:Got to be the 1982/83 squad who secured promotion that year after a a final day outing to Eastville Stadium, a cracking blood and thunder side that epitomized Cardiff City and its fans at the time. :bluebird: :old:

Davies
Carver
Bell
Sutton
Murray
Harris
King
Gibson
Toshack
Clark
Bird
The team from my youth and although they didn’t quite make the first division always be my favourite eleven.never needed to buy a programme in those days just recite those names :ayatollah:
since64

Postby 65Blue » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:43 am

kimble wrote:Fred Davies
Steve Derrett
Don Murray
Brian Harris
Gary Bell
Barrie Jones
Ian Gibson
Jason Kavanagh
Ronnie Bird
John Toshack
Brian Clark

You would probably have Scoular as your manager
65Blue

Postby JimmyJazz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:14 am

since64 wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:Got to be the 1982/83 squad who secured promotion that year after a a final day outing to Eastville Stadium, a cracking blood and thunder side that epitomized Cardiff City and its fans at the time. :bluebird: :old:

Davies
Carver
Bell
Sutton
Murray
Harris
King
Gibson
Toshack
Clark
Bird
The team from my youth and although they didn’t quite make the first division always be my favourite eleven.never needed to buy a programme in those days just recite those names :ayatollah:

My childhood team too :bluebird: :bluescarf: :thumbup:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:22 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
since64 wrote:

Davies
Carver
Bell
Sutton
Murray
Harris
King
Gibson
Toshack
Clark
Bird

Mine too. Team virtually picked itself back in those days. Rarely changed unless somebody was out injured.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 65Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:
since64 wrote:

Davies
Carver
Bell
Sutton
Murray
Harris
King
Gibson

Yes amazing with the crappy pitches we had in those days and the hard cloggers about and we had Murray and Dwyer who could dish it out there were a lot less injuries. As we are from the same era would you say Murray was the hardest player we ever had. I remember Dwyer swallowing his tongue in one game and played a few days later.

Toshack
Clark
Bird

Mine too. Team virtually picked itself back in those days. Rarely changed unless somebody was out injured.
65Blue

Postby JimmyJazz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 am

65Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
JimmyJazz wrote:
since64 wrote:

Davies
Carver
Bell
Sutton
Murray
Harris
King
Gibson

Yes amazing with the crappy pitches we had in those days and the hard cloggers about and we had Murray and Dwyer who could dish it out there were a lot less injuries. As we are from the same era would you say Murray was the hardest player we ever had. I remember Dwyer swallowing his tongue in one game and played a few days later.

Toshack
Clark
Bird

Don Murray was one of my favourites - took absolutely no prisoners!! Childhood memories of being on the halfway line in the Bob Bank with the other nippers down by the concrete hoarding, which meant you were a little below the pitch level, City would have a corner and Don would be stood in the centre circle next to the opposition centre forward. No notion in those days of your best header of the ball (centre halves) going up for the corner; Don was entirely focused on doing whatever it took to stop that No. 9 from going anywhere near the City goal :bluescarf:

Oh different days in so many ways, not all for the best but again not all for the worst.

:bluebird:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Return to General Chat