Play offs

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play offs

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm

Hand on heart I think that's where I think we'll end the season.
However, we will still have the Warnock effect going into them.... :old: :occasion5:

Anyone else think the same ? :roll:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Play offs

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Play offs

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:42 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:Hand on heart I think that's where I think we'll end the season.
However, we will still have the Warnock effect going into them.... :old: :occasion5:

thats where every realistic fan would have set our aims at the start of the season i think. you only have to look at villas squad to see they are far superior to us. but football doesnt always work that way.

i dont think we will get a top two spot, but win today and weare still right there :ayatollah:
paulh_85

Postby epping blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:14 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:Hand on heart I think that's where I think we'll end the season.

That's pretty much how I see it. If we get there I think we'll be there with Derby, Fulham and Middlesboro which will be huge ask, but I trust Warnock to get us far as we're able to. If he takes straight up in fight with those 3 and Villa then he deserves the highest possible accolade - I cant even think what that could be.
epping blue

Postby theclaw » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Realistically that’s where we all hoped to be before the season started but having such a great effort from Warnock and the boys so far it’s still very much alive that we could get a top two place.
Let’s face facts there’s a lot of teams that have spent a fair amount more money than we have.
I find it too easy at the moment to say we will end up in the play offs.lets back the boys to go on a good run and not give up yet.
theclaw

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Been obvious for a while that top two isn’t going to happen.

We have to keep winning to keep our place in the top six - because that’s looking precarious.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby blooey » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Been obvious for a while that top two isn’t going to happen.

We have to keep winning to keep our place in the top six - because that’s looking precarious.

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Mate we're 1 point off the top 2, and 2 goal difference away from third with a game in hand. We're 9 points off 7th, and on a 5 game unbeaten streak averaging over 2 points a game, yet it's our place in the play offs that's precarious?

Having a laugh!
blooey

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:56 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Been obvious for a while that top two isn’t going to happen.

Well someone hasn’t looked at the league table for a long time it seems. Very poor and negative post I must say. You must be a barrel of laughs.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:50 pm

blooey wrote:

Mate we're 1 point off the top 2, and 2 goal difference away from third with a game in hand. We're 9 points off 7th, and on a 5 game unbeaten streak averaging over 2 points a game, yet it's our place in the play offs that's precarious?

Having a laugh!

Risky response. I think we will be in play offs but a few weeks back many on here were sure the Jacks were as good as down. Things can change very quickly in football, and probably the closest thing to a cert in our division is Wolves are going to be top 6 for sure.
Steve Zodiak

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:51 pm

blooey wrote:

Having a laugh!

We could go on a five match losing streak and be outside the top six.

Not having a laugh at all, just being realistic.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:53 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
blooey wrote:

Having a laugh!

Been said many times before. Saying you don’t think we won’t make the top 2 is being realistic

Said we have no chance and that everyone should forget it is weird
paulh_85

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:57 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
blooey wrote:

Having a laugh!

Been said many times before. Saying you don’t think we won’t make the top 2 is being realistic

It won’t happen.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:08 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
blooey wrote:

Having a laugh!

It won’t happen.

Right. So why not stick to that instead of trying to tell everyone else they should agree with you and then make it a sticky :lol:
paulh_85

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:47 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
blooey wrote:

Having a laugh!

It won’t happen.

Right. So why not stick to that instead of trying to tell everyone else they should agree with you and then make it a sticky :lol:

I didn’t tell everyone they should agree with me, I just stated my opinion and many didn’t agree.

I stand by that opinion as well.

As for being a sticky? It received nearly 6,000 views - fully justified being a sticky. Also received over 100 replies, so created good debate.

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:05 am

worcester_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
blooey wrote:

Having a laugh!

It won’t happen.

I didn’t tell everyone they should agree with me, I just stated my opinion and many didn’t agree.

I stand by that opinion as well.

As for being a sticky? It received nearly 6,000 views - fully justified being a sticky. Also received over 100 replies, so created good debate.

You sound like a mini Annis :roll:
paulh_85

Postby goats » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:23 am

epping blue wrote:

That's pretty much how I see it. If we get there I think we'll be there with Derby, Fulham and Middlesboro which will be huge ask, but I trust Warnock to get us far as we're able to. If he takes straight up in fight with those 3 and Villa then he deserves the highest possible accolade - I cant even think what that could be.

It’s going to be tough that’s for sure. We don’t do too well in them do we? I can’t even recall how many times we’ve lost in them anymore? One thing is for sure though, we haven’t got the very mentally weak teams of Dave jones, good players but not playoff types. Still hope we can pip villa for 2nd but that’s going to be a big ask, would be easier and less mentally disturbing than the play offs..... :bluescarf:
goats

Postby BobbyBlue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:52 am

Precarious :lol: :lol: pull the other one son, nothing like being an optimist :lol:
BobbyBlue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:52 am

At best = YES .
TopCat CCFC

Postby skiprat » Fri Feb 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Cardiff v Bristol play off final.
We put the wurzels to the sword 3 nil.
skiprat

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:14 pm

skiprat wrote:Cardiff v Bristol play off final.
We put the wurzels to the sword 3 nil.

I would be bricking it if it went the other way.
Just about got over the Blackpool playoff, but to go out against them would be a right sick her... :banghead: :banghead: :old: :old:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Return to General Chat