I hear the other 16,000 fans who came to the Man City game

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby grange_end1927 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:27 pm

I hear the other 16,000 fans who came to the Man City game are attending tonight dressed as seats! That’s fitting seen as their made of plastic!

At the Cardiff City stadium with my son,where the f is everyone?
grange_end1927

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: I hear the other 16,000 fans who came to the Man City ga

Postby cmorris1927 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:31 pm

IM there, in the family stand.. dressed as a plastic seat :banghead:

As it’s a Tuesday night, and I live over 80 miles away.. with my son in school in the morning, I couldn’t be arsed going tonight :thumbup: :thumbup:

But well done you on being there
cmorris1927

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:32 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:I hear the other 16,000 fans who came to the Man City game are attending tonight dressed as seats! That’s fitting seen as their made of plastic!

Resident in Poland at present, but I hope you don't mind me not attending tonight :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Bluebird For Life

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:44 pm

2 mins to kick off 12000 here max
boyo1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:47 pm

Listening in on Radio Wales :thumbright:
1980s Bluebird

Postby rhondda 1015 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:58 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:I hear the other 16,000 fans who came to the Man City game are attending tonight dressed as seats! That’s fitting seen as their made of plastic!

Bully for you, stop wasting your time on here, and enjoy the night with your son.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby skiprat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Bully for no one its embarrassing.
skiprat

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:10 pm

skiprat wrote:Bully for no one its embarrassing.

Don't go if it embarrasses you mate :thumbright:
1980s Bluebird

Postby maccydee » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:02 pm

4,000 of them have stated they won’t come again because of the rebrand.
maccydee

Postby Gaynor Straight » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:33 pm

My son missed his first home game of the season tonight. Is that OK with you?
Gaynor Straight

Postby North Wales Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:33 pm

Another 4,000 couldn’t make it because it was too late for the kids to stay up.
North Wales Blue

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 pm

To be fair the A470 was shut at Coryton and abercynon on way home, that must have put a few off. I was there as I didn’t know but anyone who was aware must have thought twice, 1 diversion ok but 2 is off putting, that said it was poor attendance tonight
Mr Potato

Postby gwentbluebirds » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:22 am

Mr Potato wrote:To be fair the A470 was shut at Coryton and abercynon on way home, that must have put a few off. I was there as I didn’t know but anyone who was aware must have thought twice, 1 diversion ok but 2 is off putting, that said it was poor attendance tonight

Don't buy this at all my mate went who lives that way and he still goes every game same as me. He got delayed an hr. And still made work today t 6am
gwentbluebirds

Postby Bluesman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:59 am

Every excuse under the sun. What a load of Bollocks. I have been slated on this site for calling these missing fans Plastics, well they are Plastics. If we were playing in the FA CUP FINAL at Wembley at midnight on a rainy Tuesday the 16K Plastic Bast***s would be clambering for tickets, saying they have never missed a game and have supported City all of their lives. Forget the Plastics and cheers to the 16K that turn up regularly. REAL SUPPORTERS. :banghead:
Bluesman

Postby skiprat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am

Correct.even though we are doing well its our opponents who dictate our support.burton and wolves at home coming up wonder which one attracts the biggest crowd?.
skiprat

Postby cmorris1927 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:24 am

Bluesman wrote:Every excuse under the sun. What a load of Bollocks. I have been slated on this site for calling these missing fans Plastics, well they are Plastics. If we were playing in the FA CUP FINAL at Wembley at midnight on a rainy Tuesday the 16K Plastic Bast***s would be clambering for tickets, saying they have never missed a game and have supported City all of their lives. Forget the Plastics and cheers to the 16K that turn up regularly. REAL SUPPORTERS. :banghead:

Heaven forbid someone has different circumstances to you.. get a grip!
cmorris1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:30 am

We could probably all learn a lesson off my grandson, I took him to the Mansfield FA Cup game and he was amazed to be watching real football live and listening to people singing and discussing who was in the team or who was on the bench, and the walk up to the stadium on a bitterly cold day. I also took him to the Man City game and he was exactly the same, he had even learned the songs.....No mention of how many people attended he was just interested in the football and watching it and now is a fanatic of CCFC...Job done no mention of crowds apart from the poison he hears around him now from SUPER FANS who clearly believe they are the be all and end all of Cardiff City. Sometimes we have poor crowds, so what get over it it is what it is. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:33 am

1980s Bluebird wrote:We could probably all learn a lesson off my grandson, I took him to the Mansfield FA Cup game and he was amazed to be watching real football live and listening to people singing and discussing who was in the team or who was on the bench, and the walk up to the stadium on a bitterly cold day. I also took him to the Man City game and he was exactly the same, he had even learned the songs.....No mention of how many people attended he was just interested in the football and watching it and now is a fanatic of CCFC...Job done no mention of crowds apart from the poison he hears around him now from SUPER FANS who clearly believe they are the be all and end all of Cardiff City. Sometimes we have poor crowds, so what get over it it is what it is. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

yeah no point in over thinking it. i didnt go to the mansfield game because i just wasnt interested in it. simple. :ayatollah:
paulh_85

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:36 am

Bluesman wrote:Every excuse under the sun. What a load of Bollocks. I have been slated on this site for calling these missing fans Plastics, well they are Plastics. If we were playing in the FA CUP FINAL at Wembley at midnight on a rainy Tuesday the 16K Plastic Bast***s would be clambering for tickets, saying they have never missed a game and have supported City all of their lives. Forget the Plastics and cheers to the 16K that turn up regularly. REAL SUPPORTERS. :banghead:

I was'nt there last night but do not need an excuse not to go. I am there more often than not, but I don't consider myself above the so called plastics. Plenty of genuine fans have a life that does not revolve entirely around football, and I expect many will put family before football. If we get a big crowd all well and good, if we don't I am sure those who are there can live with it. Complaining about our gates is pointless, we are what we are, and we will never regularly compete with the likes of Newcastle or Aston Villa or Leeds when it comes to support.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Mulberry » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 am

Me and the boy went to most of the home fixtures over Christmas and new year.

Didn't bother even trying for tickets to Man City.

Last night he had football training and its a school night.

Some of us with younger kids (mine 6 & 10) have to balance keeping the wives/partners happy with doing family stuff and getting the kids doing various clubs/events/homework with work and boring life stuff.

Yes, it would be nice to see the stadium full to bursting every game.

Financially, myself included its not feasible to take the boy and now the girl as well to each and every match. Somethings are more important than football, like keeping a roof over our heads and keeping the missus from pecking our heads.

I've got a tidy missus who doesn't mind me taking the kids to football, but evening matches during school time and even out of school time can be an argumentative struggle as the kids are a nightmare the next few days as their routine gets thrown out of kilter and it shows. I tend to go for the easy life and steer clear of evening matches with the kids as a rule.

Saturdays are a bit hit and miss lately as the lad's football team have been having matches all over timewise and it can be difficult to get him home, washed/changed and get down to the stadium for matches, couple that with the missus/girl child wanting to do family stuff or having their commitments then it adds up to a not ideal football supporting life.

That said, we attend when we can, often at pretty short notice or listen on radio or watch on tv/stream.

This plastic bollocks has to stop as it alienates far more than it encourages. As I've shown above people do have lives outside of watching their team.
Mulberry

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 am

This is getting boring now.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby cmorris1927 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 am

Mulberry wrote:Me and the boy went to most of the home fixtures over Christmas and new year.

Some of us with younger kids (mine 6 & 10) have to balance keeping the wives/partners happy with doing family stuff and getting the kids doing various clubs/events/homework with work and boring life stuff.

Financially, myself included its not feasible to take the boy and now the girl as well to each and every match. Somethings are more important than football, like keeping a roof over our heads and keeping the missus from pecking our heads.

I've got a tidy missus who doesn't mind me taking the kids to football, but evening matches during school time and even out of school time can be an argumentative struggle as the kids are a nightmare the next few days as their routine gets thrown out of kilter and it shows. I tend to go for the easy life and steer clear of evening matches with the kids as a rule.

Saturdays are a bit hit and miss lately as the lad's football team have been having matches all over timewise and it can be difficult to get him home, washed/changed and get down to the stadium for matches, couple that with the missus/girl child wanting to do family stuff or having their commitments then it adds up to a not ideal football supporting life.

That said, we attend when we can, often at pretty short notice or listen on radio or watch on tv/stream.

This plastic bollocks has to stop as it alienates far more than it encourages. As I've shown above people do have lives outside of watching their team.

far too much common sense here.. well said!!
cmorris1927

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

Mulberry wrote:Me and the boy went to most of the home fixtures over Christmas and new year.

You need to sack the missus mate :thumbright:

only joking, seriously a good post with lots of valid points and it is not the be all and end all. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
1980s Bluebird

Postby maccydee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:30 pm

Tidy?

Pic please? Lol.
maccydee

Postby BEEP AHM » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:
BEEP AHM

Postby Mulberry » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
Tidy?

Pic please? Lol.

As in understanding... I'm going to stop now because if she reads this.... :oops: :twisted:

My bollocks will have a hot date with a rusty spoon later on!! :cry: :banghead:

:ayatollah:
Mulberry

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:

I'm with you beep beep :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby rhondda 1015 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:57 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

And me, how far are we going to take the 'plastics' thing. Where were all these people when our average crowd was regularly less than 5,000?
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Mike Strinati » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

And me, how far are we going to take the 'plastics' thing. Where were all these people when our average crowd was regularly less than 5,000?

No way! I was under the impression Ninian Park was packed to the rafters every home game reading on here some weeks! :D :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Mike Strinati

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:58 pm

Mike Strinati wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:
BEEP AHM wrote:

No way! I was under the impression Ninian Park was packed to the rafters every home game reading on here some weeks! :D :bluescarf: :bluebird:

I'm guessing you didn't attend ninian park much ?
it wasn't until the late 90s I believe that crowds started picking up - after THAT andy Campbell goal.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though. :bluebird:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Next

Return to General Chat