"I WILL PROVE CARDIFF CITY FANS WRONG"

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:31 am

Bolton's Adam Le Fondre plans to prove point to Cardiff City

Le Fondre: Cardiff fans must think 'what a waste of money'... But I'll prove them wrong

Bolton News

Tuesday 13th February 2018

ADAM Le Fondre can do no wrong in the eyes of Bolton Wanderers’ fans – but he’s well aware that the opinion may differ on the home terraces at Cardiff City tonight.

After a goal-laden spell at Reading, the striker made a move to South Wales in 2014 in a deal worth £3million. But by his own admission, the move turned into a full-fledged nightmare.

Just three goals in 25 appearances saw him loaned out to Wanderers by the end of his first season.

When financial problems made a permanent return to Bolton impossible, Le Fondre tried to salvage his Championship credentials at Wolves and Wigan Athletic to no avail.

In the end, a heavily-subsidised loan to Bolton – then in League One – enabled him to see out the remaining days of his Bluebirds contract and finally seal a two-year deal in the North West.

Le Fondre boasts the kind of confidence which comes with a career spent scoring goals yet he remains at a loss to explain why his shooting boots failed to join him at Cardiff.

But with the hope his wonder-goal against Fulham on Saturday may have reignited his third spell with Bolton, the 31-year-old heads back to his former club aiming to make sure he is the only striker grabbing the headlines on the evening.

“I’m sure it won’t be a fond reunion,” he told The Bolton News ahead of tonight’s clash. “Well, at least not for them. I didn’t do too well down there and I don’t know why.

“I’ve chalked it up to experience, it happens, but I’m hoping I can go down there and get a start and a goal.

“They must think ‘what a waste of money’ because it just didn’t happen.

“So I want to go down there and prove a few people wrong, get a result, make sure we carry on pushing up the table.”

Wanderers could climb above another one of Le Fondre’s old haunts, Reading, with victory tonight.

What once looked like a four-way fight to avoid the three relegation positions has now broadened, with anyone as high as QPR in 15th still looking nervously over their shoulders.

Le Fondre has his sights on reeling in the teams above. Wanderers’ improved form since September is illustrated by the fact they would be sitting 11th in the table had the Championship started on October 1.

“We have got to look up the table because we’re in the position we wanted to be in. There are definitely teams who’d trade,” Le Fondre said.

“We have to keep pushing, try and drag a few other teams in there, and hopefully we’ll edge up the league.

“We’ve proved at home we’re a match for anyone. Our record stands up to most teams in the league. Obviously we have to try and match that away but we’ll just keep pushing on and take every point on offer.”

Le Fondre also has his own personal battle to get a regular starting spot at Wanderers – a task made easier by the fact Gary Madine will be lining up in opposition colours tonight.

His goal against Fulham has been touted as one of the best since the Premier League era ended. Now the striker wants to prove there are more where that came from.

“My only target is to play,” he said. “Anyone who knows me knows I don’t like watching games.

“I am a goalscorer. I want to score goals and affect games.

“When I came here first time I came to score goals, and I did.

“I signed permanently because I think – no, I know – I can do it in the Championship.”

Le Fondre is not alone, and a small group of players are now knocking loudly on Phil Parkinson’s door looking to get a starting spot.

“I think we’ve got strength in depth,” he said. “Jem Karacan has been brilliant in training and doesn’t make the bench, Craig Noone is one of the best trainers I know and he’s been in and out.

“It’s tough. But we have got good players who can come into this squad. There have been spells where we have all been out, under-used, and we’re all champing at the bit. We all want to fight for Bolton.”
Attachments
imgID139637430.jpg.gallery.jpg
imgID139637430.jpg.gallery.jpg (22.1 KiB) Viewed 4661 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "I WILL PROVE CARDIFF CITY FANS WRONG"

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:51 am

Sums up all our that our is wrong in modern football

Didn't want to come here in the first place, did it purely for one thing...money nothing else

He was quite happy to while away his career on uninspired loan moves and sit on the side lines picking up his cash rather than take a pay cut join another club and actually play some football

Then suprise, suprise with his contract about to end with us starts making some effort scores a few goals and earns himself another lucrative contract with Bolton

Shock, horror after signing the contract the goals and effort dry up again

The guy is just a complete money grabbing waste of space who conned his way to becoming a millionaire
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby nubbsy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:16 am

oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Sums up all our that our is wrong in modern football

Didn't want to come here in the first place, did it purely for one thing...money nothing else

He was quite happy to while away his career on uninspired loan moves and sit on the side lines picking up his cash rather than take a pay cut join another club and actually play some football

Then suprise, suprise with his contract about to end with us starts making some effort scores a few goals and earns himself another lucrative contract with Bolton

The guy is just a complete money grabbing waste of space who conned his way to becoming a millionaire

I'm not sure if it's that complicated. He always worked hard, I think he's just shit.
nubbsy

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:49 am

nubbsy wrote:
oohahhPaulMillar wrote:Sums up all our that our is wrong in modern football

I'm not sure if it's that complicated. He always worked hard, I think he's just shit.

:lol: :lol:
1980s Bluebird

Postby Dobbin » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:43 pm

Already has IMO

Proved he was even shitter than we already knew - scores last weekend and his previous goal was back in August 2017 I read somewhere.

:o :lol:
Dobbin

Postby bluemun » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Don't former players almost always score against us..so, Ameobi to get one.
bluemun

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:09 pm

I have no problem with him, he worked hard when he played for us, just didn't work out.
2blue2handle

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I have no problem with him, he worked hard when he played for us, just didn't work out.

I have a real big problem with him. He came here for a very big fee then months into his contract his wife decides she doesn't like living here and they want a move up north.

If that's the case then he can repay the club the transfer fee (or at least a big chunk of it) out of his own pocket instead of expecting everyone else to stump up and write it off because he has suddenly forgotten where the back of the net is.

Complete money grabbing waster. Also as asked above just how does he 'prove' to us he wasn't a waste of money? One goal last weekend doesn't make a prolific striker and if he scored tonight all that would prove is what an ungrateful tw*t he really is.

As already stated everything that is wrong with football ATM can be found in Adam Le Fondre
Tony Blue Williams

Postby valleyrambill » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Hate him the worst player in my view I know we had worst but his whole attitude stunk as well. If he scored loads tonight it wouldn't make a difference to me he ripped us off big time he or his family didn't want to come to Cardiff so he shouldn't have come but pound signs made him come.

I like seeing ex players getting good receptions at our place until kick off but not this bloke hope he gets what Hartson use to get
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I have no problem with him, he worked hard when he played for us, just didn't work out.

I have a real big problem with him. He came here for a very big fee then months into his contract his wife decides she doesn't like living here and they want a move up north.

If that's the case then he can repay the club the transfer fee (or at least a big chunk of it) out of his own pocket instead of expecting everyone else to stump up and write it off because he has suddenly forgotten where the back of the net is.

Complete money grabbing waster. Also as asked above just how does he 'prove' to us he wasn't a waste of money? One goal last weekend doesn't make a prolific striker and if he scored tonight all that would prove is what an ungrateful tw*t he really is.

As already stated everything that is wrong with football ATM can be found in Adam Le Fondre

Not how I understood it.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/my+shock ... 0404904258

As for money he earned well that's down to the club, I wont blame anyone for trying to earn as much as they can as long as they try hard. In terms of a signing he was a disaster and total waste of money but I look at the club and manager for that mistake.
2blue2handle

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Did he really?? How I remember it was he started off quite well in terms of effort..then missed a few really good chances spread over a few games..then went off on a girly sulk saying he wanted to play up North

This fact had somehow slipped his mind when 3 months earlier he pocketed a nice signing on fee and massive salary when signing for us a club "not up a North"

However, the calling to go back up North to be with his family was not strong enough for him to take a pay cut to play for another club up in his beloved North

Complete and utter greedy waste of space ...rant over
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:05 pm

Luke, worked hard for us? :shock:

Paid over £20,000 a week and achieved nothing and could not wait to leave.
He can do it, but never tried for us .

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby valleyrambill » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:06 pm

I am angry as I am on level 4 and heard his father and family all moaning why he signed for Cardiff me and my mates couldn't believe it the words were "Why he signed for this place I will never know"

We had signed so many players at the time under Ole Gunner we didn't know who they were and then someone told us it was Lefondre father and family and he been moaning before the game too.

We can blame Slade for a lot but he played Lefondre loads of times and he didn't seem interested missed sitters too my son was excited when we signed him as were many others but he was a let down and I think it was nothing to with his ability
it was all to do that he didn't want to be here at Cardiff.

But he took his money and repaid us by sticking his 2 fingers up to every City supporter in my view
[color=#0040BF][/color]
valleyrambill

Postby Big Ceri » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:13 pm

He should have done this when he was with us....prat
Big Ceri

Postby lyndipops » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:16 pm

Just piled a bunch of pressure on himself and encouraged Cardif fans to get on his back! :thumbright: :notworthy:
"For an idea that does not first seem insane, there is no hope."

Albert Einstein
lyndipops

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:19 pm

our stock really has fallen fast if we need to worry about adam le fondre.
paulh_85

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Le Fondre out to prove a point

Adam Le Fondre:

“I’m sure it won’t be a fond reunion, well, at least not for them. I didn’t do too well down there and I don’t know why.
“I’ve chalked it up to experience, it happens, but I’m hoping I can go down there and get a start and a goal.
“They must think ‘what a waste of money’ because it just didn’t happen.
“So I want to go down there and prove a few people wrong, get a result, make sure we carry on pushing up the table.”
Attachments
JS118270546.jpg
JS118270546.jpg (31.28 KiB) Viewed 1789 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Paul Keevil » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:34 pm

I'll believe it when I see it :lol:

I remember photographing a Wigan game a few years back. I normally sit near the corner flag - because it gives you better angles and more time for celebration photos (photographers tip!) - and I remember him shooting from inside the penalty area and nearly taking the back of my laptop out.

Miles away from the net he was!

Think that was one of his last games for Wigan.
Looking for a Photographer?

Accredited Champions League, Premiership and FL Photographer
Cover RL, RU, Motorsport etc
Accredited - 2012 Olympic Games
Attend "Celebrity Events" - papping
Weddings & Porfolio Work
Paul Keevil

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:35 pm

That showed us... :clap: :laughing6: :occasion5: :ayatollah:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Lawnmower » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 pm

God he was rubbish. Ameobi was pants too. Beaten in the air time and again by Ralls who was 6-8 inches smaller
Lawnmower

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Luke, worked hard for us? :shock:

Paid over £20,000 a week and achieved nothing and could not wait to leave.
He can do it, but never tried for us .

Dont agree with that at all, every game he started he put a good shift in. Yes he was over paid but I don't blame him for that. He worked hard every game I seen him but it didn't work out.
Do you disagree that he worked hard on the pitch for he?
2blue2handle

Postby llangainbluebird » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:11 am

He was completely anonymous tonight. Forgot he was playing for long periods of the game. Thought he might have got some stick, but it wasn't worth the effort.
llangainbluebird

Postby JimmyJazz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:09 am

ALF had one decent break in the second half, shot from wide right across Etheridge but it went wide of the far post without the keeper having to touch it.

Other than that he didn't do much no.

Ameobi's skill is excellent - took one long ball down in front of us as if it was stuck to his foot. Their keeper threw a quick ball out to him several times. Its a shame he hasn't made the most of that skill - like so many others of his ilk who've come here, all the skill but not enough of the application.
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Return to General Chat