' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 pm

Yes over all a very flat game, but the positive is City never had to change gear :thumbright:

So with Boro coming up on Saturday, we should not moan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

3pts are 3pts and thats what matters :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff are now nine points clear of seventh. The play-offs are looking a very achiveable minimum here, although you wouldn’t bet against them pushing the top two. :bluebird:
Attachments
DV8iTB6XkAAnDq1.jpg
DV8iTB6XkAAnDq1.jpg (107.23 KiB) Viewed 3061 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm

:bluebird:

Comfortable win for @CardiffCityFC who stay on the trail of the Championship top two. They did not release their grip after 2 first half goals. Neil Warnock’s work in the January window has helped Bluebirds look formidable for the run-in. :thumbright: :bluebird:
Attachments
27750032_1228357613962496_7679373216829685108_n.jpg
27750032_1228357613962496_7679373216829685108_n.jpg (54.42 KiB) Viewed 2800 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Ebbw Blue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

Yes over all a very flat game, but the positive is City never had to change gear :thumbright:

So with Boro coming up on Saturday, we should not moan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

3pts are 3pts and thats what matters :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff are now nine points clear of seventh. The play-offs are looking a very achiveable minimum here, although you wouldn’t bet against them pushing the top two. :bluebird:

We all would like to see Champagne football and win games 4 or 5 nil. But on a freezing cold night against a very physical side, the result is the important thing. A good 3 points onwards and upwards
Ebbw Blue

Postby castleblue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

In respect of the playoffs Annis, not even Dave Jones could mess it up from here but automatic is still a big ask.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Nothing not to be positive about tonight and those who were there will have seen an assured performance rounded off with a thoroughly deserved win that might have come with more goals but for the Bolton keeper :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Villa have a better side than us overall I think, but I’d top two really a big ask?

We’ve played 31 games and are only 1 point behind them. No reason to think we can’t challenge over the last 15
paulh_85

Postby Sven » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Villa have a better side than us overall I think, but I’d top two really a big ask?

We’ve played 31 games and are only 1 point behind them. No reason to think we can’t challenge over the last 15

Agree! :ayatollah:

Our squad is stronger than it was pre-January transfer window and the returning players will be very timely additions to the mix. no reason we aren't as good as those around us and a better 'team' than most! :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:01 am

Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Villa have a better side than us overall I think, but I’d top two really a big ask?

Our squad is stronger than it was pre-January transfer window and the returning players will be very timely additions to the mix. no reason we aren't as good as those around us and a better 'team' than most! :thumbright:

I was having s discussion about Villa on the way home tonight. They’ve gone 7 games unbeaten and surely can’t keep that sort of form up. They’ve got s few tough games coming up too - Preston / Fulham. If they drop points, great. If they don’t it’s not the end of the world as 2 playoff contenders will have been pegged back. Draws would be good I reckon. Those away games for us at Villa & Derby are going to be massive.
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I was having s discussion about Villa on the way home tonight. They’ve gone 7 games unbeaten and surely can’t keep that sort of form up. They’ve got s few tough games coming up too - Preston / Fulham. If they drop points, great. If they don’t it’s not the end of the world as 2 playoff contenders will have been pegged back. Draws would be good I reckon. Those away games for us at Villa & Derby are going to be massive.

Can't disagree with any of that, Andrew. almost a 'win-win' situation, soloing as City do their bit on the way! :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby llangainbluebird » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am

Sven wrote:Nothing not to be positive about tonight and those who were there will have seen an assured performance rounded off with a thoroughly deserved win that might have come with more goals but for the Bolton keeper :thumbright:

Exactly! I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Another clean sheet, too.
llangainbluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Villa 7 straight wins! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Jimmykingz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 am

I thought we were great last night. And if it wasn’t for the keeper and little bit of luck we would’ve had 5-6.

Grujic was superb and growing by the game (I don’t think he’s been as bad as people make out anyway) which can only be a massive positive for the end of season run in.

I love Gunners but I can’t see where he fits in when fit. Grujic is only going to get better and he’s a better overall footballer, and Ralls and Patterson are undroppable at the moment. We have so many options Colin must be grinning ear to ear
b*stard
Jimmykingz

Postby bluebird58 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:47 am

A decent performance against poor opposition. Bolton were even worse than Sunderland who at least had the excuse of being a man short for much of the game.

Improved ( but not perfect) performances from Zohore, Grujic and Wildschut too. I thought Traore had a good game and Peltier very solid. Let’s hope for more of the same on Saturday.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby maccydee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

So 7 games unbeaten. Lol
maccydee

Postby JimmyJazz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 am

I don't get this notion it was a flat game or performance - first half we were unplayable, second half was a lot quieter but we still had chances and could have added to the score.

Really enjoyed the first half - looking at the stats we had over 20 shots, loads on target, their keeper was excellent, they had no shot on target I think.

CTID

:bluebird:
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby skiprat » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:08 am

The atmosphere was flat in front of a shockingly low crowd of 16000 .but hats off to the team they played well.
skiprat

Postby JimmyJazz » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 am

skiprat wrote:The atmosphere was flat in front of a shockingly low crowd of 16000 .but hats off to the team they played well.

I agree the atmosphere was quiet.
My father missed the cup final in 1927 as my grandad only had 2 tickets, and my Dad had an older brother!
JimmyJazz

Postby City Slicker » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:56 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
skiprat wrote:The atmosphere was flat in front of a shockingly low crowd of 16000 .but hats off to the team they played well.

I agree the atmosphere was quiet.

I can't be positive about the crowd. Poor atmosphere and poor numbers. However, if we're still where we are now halfway through March watch them come back in droves.
City Slicker

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 am

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

So 7 games unbeaten. Lol

Youre right Al, but so am I :thumbup:
bluebirdoct1962

Postby Big Ceri » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am

Great result :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Big Ceri

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm

For me last night was not about being a great football match, it was about getting the 3pts and thats what City did and never conceded :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Undefeated in our last 5 League games :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

So 7 games unbeaten. Lol

True but not same points tally!!! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat