Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 pm

' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

Yes over all a very flat game, but the positive is City never had to change gear :thumbright:

So with Boro coming up on Saturday, we should not moan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

3pts are 3pts and thats what matters :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff are now nine points clear of seventh. The play-offs are looking a very achiveable minimum here, although you wouldn’t bet against them pushing the top two. :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:55 pm

:bluebird:

Comfortable win for @CardiffCityFC who stay on the trail of the Championship top two. They did not release their grip after 2 first half goals. Neil Warnock’s work in the January window has helped Bluebirds look formidable for the run-in. :thumbright: :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

Yes over all a very flat game, but the positive is City never had to change gear :thumbright:

So with Boro coming up on Saturday, we should not moan :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

3pts are 3pts and thats what matters :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Cardiff are now nine points clear of seventh. The play-offs are looking a very achiveable minimum here, although you wouldn’t bet against them pushing the top two. :bluebird:

We all would like to see Champagne football and win games 4 or 5 nil. But on a freezing cold night against a very physical side, the result is the important thing. A good 3 points onwards and upwards

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:' LETS BE POSITIVE ABOUT TONIGHT '

In respect of the playoffs Annis, not even Dave Jones could mess it up from here but automatic is still a big ask.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:27 pm

Nothing not to be positive about tonight and those who were there will have seen an assured performance rounded off with a thoroughly deserved win that might have come with more goals but for the Bolton keeper :thumbright:

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Villa have a better side than us overall I think, but I’d top two really a big ask?

We’ve played 31 games and are only 1 point behind them. No reason to think we can’t challenge over the last 15

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Villa have a better side than us overall I think, but I’d top two really a big ask?

We’ve played 31 games and are only 1 point behind them. No reason to think we can’t challenge over the last 15

Agree! :ayatollah:

Our squad is stronger than it was pre-January transfer window and the returning players will be very timely additions to the mix. no reason we aren't as good as those around us and a better 'team' than most! :thumbright:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:01 am

Sven wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:Villa have a better side than us overall I think, but I’d top two really a big ask?

Our squad is stronger than it was pre-January transfer window and the returning players will be very timely additions to the mix. no reason we aren't as good as those around us and a better 'team' than most! :thumbright:

I was having s discussion about Villa on the way home tonight. They’ve gone 7 games unbeaten and surely can’t keep that sort of form up. They’ve got s few tough games coming up too - Preston / Fulham. If they drop points, great. If they don’t it’s not the end of the world as 2 playoff contenders will have been pegged back. Draws would be good I reckon. Those away games for us at Villa & Derby are going to be massive.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:03 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I was having s discussion about Villa on the way home tonight. They’ve gone 7 games unbeaten and surely can’t keep that sort of form up. They’ve got s few tough games coming up too - Preston / Fulham. If they drop points, great. If they don’t it’s not the end of the world as 2 playoff contenders will have been pegged back. Draws would be good I reckon. Those away games for us at Villa & Derby are going to be massive.

Can't disagree with any of that, Andrew. almost a 'win-win' situation, soloing as City do their bit on the way! :ayatollah:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:29 am

Sven wrote:Nothing not to be positive about tonight and those who were there will have seen an assured performance rounded off with a thoroughly deserved win that might have come with more goals but for the Bolton keeper :thumbright:

Exactly! I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Another clean sheet, too.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:39 am

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Villa 7 straight wins! :thumbup:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:25 am

I thought we were great last night. And if it wasn’t for the keeper and little bit of luck we would’ve had 5-6.

Grujic was superb and growing by the game (I don’t think he’s been as bad as people make out anyway) which can only be a massive positive for the end of season run in.

I love Gunners but I can’t see where he fits in when fit. Grujic is only going to get better and he’s a better overall footballer, and Ralls and Patterson are undroppable at the moment. We have so many options Colin must be grinning ear to ear

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:47 am

A decent performance against poor opposition. Bolton were even worse than Sunderland who at least had the excuse of being a man short for much of the game.

Improved ( but not perfect) performances from Zohore, Grujic and Wildschut too. I thought Traore had a good game and Peltier very solid. Let’s hope for more of the same on Saturday.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 am

pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

So 7 games unbeaten. Lol

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 am

I don't get this notion it was a flat game or performance - first half we were unplayable, second half was a lot quieter but we still had chances and could have added to the score.

Really enjoyed the first half - looking at the stats we had over 20 shots, loads on target, their keeper was excellent, they had no shot on target I think.

CTID

:bluebird:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:08 am

The atmosphere was flat in front of a shockingly low crowd of 16000 .but hats off to the team they played well.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 am

skiprat wrote:The atmosphere was flat in front of a shockingly low crowd of 16000 .but hats off to the team they played well.

I agree the atmosphere was quiet.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:56 am

JimmyJazz wrote:
skiprat wrote:The atmosphere was flat in front of a shockingly low crowd of 16000 .but hats off to the team they played well.

I agree the atmosphere was quiet.

I can't be positive about the crowd. Poor atmosphere and poor numbers. However, if we're still where we are now halfway through March watch them come back in droves.

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:09 am

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

So 7 games unbeaten. Lol

Youre right Al, but so am I :thumbup:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:16 am

Great result :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm

For me last night was not about being a great football match, it was about getting the 3pts and thats what City did and never conceded :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Undefeated in our last 5 League games :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm

maccydee wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:
Sven wrote:

So 7 games unbeaten. Lol

True but not same points tally!!! :laughing6: