" LEE CAMP "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LEE CAMP "

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:42 pm

Lee Camp on his injury hell

Wednesday 14th February 2018

Here’s what Lee Camp told the Sunderland Echo about his injury nightmare.

LEE CAMP:

“The reality is a year ago I was lying in bed with a knee brace on thinking I might never play again."

“A year down the line, to be playing is fantastic, in something that matters and hopefully, when all is said and done, I will have had a positive effect and the team stays up and the club moves forward. “It was a strange injury. I slid out for a ball in a game, the lad collided with my knee and it just swelled up. “It was a strange feeling. “I have had bumps and scrapes along the way. but my knee went cold straight away and swelled – I knew it was serious."

“First investigations seemed OK, but something wasn’t quite right. “We looked again two or three weeks later and some cartilage had come away from the kneecap. “I spoke to a few surgeons and it was touch and go. I dealt with Andy Williams in London and he had the idea of preserving the cartilage, which was a lengthy process. “Thankfully, along the way with him and a couple of other surgeons, I have managed to get back playing.”

Interesting stuff from the Sunderland Echo who have published an interview with Lee Camp following the goalkeeper’s loan move to the Stadium of Light from Cardiff.

Here’s what Camp has had to say when asked if he was expecting a deadline day move.

“No, I was preparing for an Under-23 game the next day in Cardiff. We had been in training.
“I knew there was speculation about Andy Lonergan. I am friends with him, but, for whatever reason, it didn’t happen and I got the call at 1pm asking ‘would I be interested, was it possible?’
“Obviously I was interested in playing games.
“It was happening, then wasn’t and then it all got agreed between the managers and the clubs and it was a case of getting everything done in time.
“It was a mad office down in Cardiff. There is a lot of strain on the people that work on these deals, a lot of unsung heroes behind the scenes with all the paperwork.
“You don’t appreciate how much paperwork there is even for a loan to get signed and scanned back.”
Attachments
GettyImages-611806706.jpg
GettyImages-611806706.jpg (25.14 KiB) Viewed 2798 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

" LEE CAMP "

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " LEE CAMP "

Postby Geoff Blue » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:18 pm

Still fail to understand Why Warnock knowing the injury he had took him on.
Geoff Blue

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Geoff Blue wrote:Still fail to understand Why Warnock knowing the injury he had took him on.

I am a massive Warnock fan, but the Lee Camp signing, then moving him on is a mystery?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby nubbsy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Geoff Blue wrote:Still fail to understand Why Warnock knowing the injury he had took him on.

I am a massive Warnock fan, but the Lee Camp signing, then moving him on is a mystery?

Took a risk on an I juried experienced player and it didn't pay off. I think they were all expecting him to be fit months ago but had knock backs. In the game of free transfers and wheeling and dealing you have to take risks sometimes.
nubbsy

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:32 pm

Ain't it funny how people are a bit lost for thought with this one yet slagged Trollope off for signing Bennett.. narrow mindedness at it's finest.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:48 am

Waste of time and Money while here .
TopCat CCFC

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:12 pm

This is the worst signing for me under Warnock, does anyone know if Warnock was genuinely going to have him as his number one? I always wanted Etheridge to be our number one when he signed and was happy that he had the majority of the pre season games.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:29 pm

an old friend.... do you think Warnocks done him a favour and paid him to get fit with no intention of ever playing him unless we were struggling ?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby DandoCCFC » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:57 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:an old friend.... do you think Warnocks done him a favour and paid him to get fit with no intention of ever playing him unless we were struggling ?

Weird conspiracy to have.
I will.

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Return to General Chat