Wayne Nash?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Wayne Nash?

Postby Jasonccfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:03 pm

Chatting to a few sat around me lastnight the main topic was Wayne Nash and how he's the main culprit in killing the feel good factor and atmosphere at the club..
Any truth in this and if so why hasn't he been pulled up on it by the club or by the fans?
Jasonccfc

Wayne Nash?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Wayne Nash?

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:17 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Chatting to a few sat around me lastnight the main topic was Wayne Nash and how he's the main culprit in killing the feel good factor and atmosphere at the club..
Any truth in this and if so why hasn't he been pulled up on it by the club or by the fans?

one man responsible? :lol:

he must be some guy to do that all by himself
paulh_85

Postby Dahboy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:25 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:Chatting to a few sat around me lastnight the main topic was Wayne Nash and how he's the main culprit in killing the feel good factor and atmosphere at the club..

I blame the guy who had the chance to build a great unique little stadium but chose to play safe with a lifeless bowl design.
Dahboy

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm

No way can he be the only man responsible. Fans have to take responsibility.

But it can’t be a coincidence that his name keeps popping up in these discussions.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Jasonccfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:31 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

What i was told is Wayne Nash is behind the over the top stewarding and behind putting the singing section as far away as possible from the away section.
Jasonccfc

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

What i was told is Wayne Nash is behind the over the top stewarding and behind putting the singing section as far away as possible from the away section.

I'm sure you'd have your reasons if so, but do you not attend to see what goes on? :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby paulh_85 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:57 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Always plenty of seats in 116/117 If people want to move :thumbright:
paulh_85

Postby Jasonccfc » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Sven wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

I'm sure you'd have your reasons if so, but do you not attend to see what goes on? :ayatollah:

Yes i see what goes on but wasn't sure who was behind it.. :thumbup:
Jasonccfc

Postby Sven » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Jasonccfc wrote:
Sven wrote:
Jasonccfc wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:

Yes i see what goes on but wasn't sure who was behind it.. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:30 pm

Fans are responsible for atmosphere not a single person ,i dont know anywhere where you have a dedicated standing area also a band playing before the game most clubs do nothing,i dont know what fans expect ffs ,loads of seats in 116/117 if people want to sing next to the away fans
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Escott1927 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 pm

wez1927 wrote:Fans are responsible for atmosphere not a single person ,i dont know anywhere where you have a dedicated standing area also a band playing before the game most clubs do nothing,i dont know what fans expect ffs ,loads of seats in 116/117 if people want to sing next to the away fans

They don’t let you stand in the section next to the away fans but they do let you stand in the canton end. If you were able to stand in the section next to away fans the atmosphere would be much better.
Escott1927

Postby wez1927 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:29 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:Fans are responsible for atmosphere not a single person ,i dont know anywhere where you have a dedicated standing area also a band playing before the game most clubs do nothing,i dont know what fans expect ffs ,loads of seats in 116/117 if people want to sing next to the away fans

They don’t let you stand in the section next to the away fans but they do let you stand in the canton end. If you were able to stand in the section next to away fans the atmosphere would be much better.

But tbey let you stand in the canton where around the country can you legally do this ? You dont have to stand up to sing
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby richards13 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 pm

Recall he was the guy who showed fans waiting for Man City tickets some kindness and courtesy a couple of weeks back. Always seemed a gentleman when I’ve had cause to meet him - and he has been key figure in making veterans and the military welcome at the stadium during Iraq and Afghan. Finally - he went out of his way to welcome the family of a seriously ill colleague to the Cardiff City stadium when he was at deaths door - respect him for that too. Speak as you find.
richards13

Postby Sloper Road » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 pm

sorry but who the hell is wayne nash?
Sloper Road

Postby darran1927 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:02 pm

Sloper Road wrote:sorry but who the hell is wayne nash?

Think he's stadium manager
darran1927

Postby eddiep » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:21 pm

In Millwall, the home fans were standing on all 3 stands.

It makes for a much better atmosphere

:bluescarf:
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby troobloo3339 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:44 am

richards13 wrote:Recall he was the guy who showed fans waiting for Man City tickets some kindness and courtesy a couple of weeks back. Always seemed a gentleman when I’ve had cause to meet him - and he has been key figure in making veterans and the military welcome at the stadium during Iraq and Afghan. Finally - he went out of his way to welcome the family of a seriously ill colleague to the Cardiff City stadium when he was at deaths door - respect him for that too. Speak as you find.

This
troobloo3339

Postby Escott1927 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:10 am

wez1927 wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

But tbey let you stand in the canton where around the country can you legally do this ? You dont have to stand up to sing

Pretty much every ground I’ve been to they have a section that stands up and this (no coincidence either) is where they sing the most. The canton end isnt a ‘designated’ standing area and legally you’re not meant to stand up at all in an all seated stadium. They just don’t enforce you to remain seated. Come on now, there’s no way you can generate an atmosphere sat down. To be honest that would the final nail in the coffin if they made the canton end sit down. Personally, if I had to sit down to watch the football, I probably wouldn’t bother going down because it’s naff. The sooner they bring in safe standing sections the better. They’ve done it safely in Germany for years, Cant believe we havnt introduced it yet.
Escott1927

Postby caerblue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:19 am

Palace have one of the best atmospheres in the premiership,but the away fans are not next to them,it's simple if you sing loud you 'll be heard
caerblue

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:34 pm

His job is Stadium Manager and to keep people safe which he achieves, he has been a Bluebird since he was 10 so is no different to any of us. I am in the Canton and stand every game and have never been pulled up for it and have never had any issues with any stewards.

As a Veteran myself he has done a lot for guys who are injured and the families including blokes suffering with PTSD who for many going into a big crowd is now frightening.

The fact we have had no serious problems at the CCS is testament to his management of it, if you want to stand and sing go in the Canton.
1980s Bluebird

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:11 pm

There was quite a long post by Annis initially in this thread , but it now seems to have disappeared. Perhaps the mods can explain why as it raised a number of points that were well worth debating and discussing.

Overall , it seems that a small number of people bear some kind of personal grudge against Wayne Nash for reasons that are not clear. I know Wayne , but not that well , and I can`t see how he can be allocated blame for a lack of atmosphere at home games - the blame lies with all of us as fans .

Some facts and opinions

1) Wayne Nash was appointed as Stadium Manager many years ago (by the Sam Hammam/Peter Ridsdale regime I believe) with the task of making the stadium run safely and smoothly for ALL fans and on non match days for corporate events. This , to me , has been achieved very well.

2) He , along with others at the club , has put in a tremendous amount of work on behalf of fans with the local authorities , police and ground safety people to enable standing at every match in the Canton End. This has also been achieved, creating ample opportunity for a "singing" section to evolve. Anyone who likes to stand and sing (as opposed to old farts like me who can still sing when sitting down) therefore has ample space and opportunity to do so.

3) Why some (and it appears to be a relatively small number) either want to swap ends with the family stand to do this singing or to stand in the Ninian Stand end next to away supporters is a bit of a mystery to me. The family stand don`t want to move and have just as much right to their seats as those who want to move them (they were polled and the vast majority said they wanted the ground set up to remain as it is). Also , why do some feel the need to spend at least part of the game watching and singing at away supporters rather than watching the match?

4) The current ground layout works very well. It is safe , cost effective in terms of policing and stewarding , and would cost the club a lot more money if it was changed.

5) To reiterate , any lack of atmosphere is down to all of us as fans. It is us who make (or don`t make) enough noise in support of the team.

On a related topic of safe standing , I personally would like it introduced into the grounds of the top two divisions in the near future. This is a view shared by Cardiff City Supporters Club and Cardiff City Supporters Trust .However, the fact remains that it is currently illegal and the Government have recently said that they have no current appetite to change the law. They did say that they would closely monitor the scheme introduced in Scotland by Celtic but , unfortunately, Celtic fans have not helped the position by some of their behaviour in that area since it was installed.
ccfcsince1962

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:26 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:

There was quite a long post by Annis initially in this thread , but it now seems to have disappeared. Perhaps the mods can explain why as it raised a number of points that were well worth debating and discussing.

Overall , it seems that a small number of people bear some kind of personal grudge against Wayne Nash for reasons that are not clear. I know Wayne , but not that well , and I can`t see how he can be allocated blame for a lack of atmosphere at home games - the blame lies with all of us as fans .

Some facts and opinions

1) Wayne Nash was appointed as Stadium Manager many years ago (by the Sam Hammam/Peter Ridsdale regime I believe) with the task of making the stadium run safely and smoothly for ALL fans and on non match days for corporate events. This , to me , has been achieved very well.

2) He , along with others at the club , has put in a tremendous amount of work on behalf of fans with the local authorities , police and ground safety people to enable standing at every match in the Canton End. This has also been achieved, creating ample opportunity for a "singing" section to evolve. Anyone who likes to stand and sing (as opposed to old farts like me who can still sing when sitting down) therefore has ample space and opportunity to do so.

3) Why some (and it appears to be a relatively small number) either want to swap ends with the family stand to do this singing or to stand in the Ninian Stand end next to away supporters is a bit of a mystery to me. The family stand don`t want to move and have just as much right to their seats as those who want to move them (they were polled and the vast majority said they wanted the ground set up to remain as it is). Also , why do some feel the need to spend at least part of the game watching and singing at away supporters rather than watching the match?

4) The current ground layout works very well. It is safe , cost effective in terms of policing and stewarding , and would cost the club a lot more money if it was changed.

5) To reiterate , any lack of atmosphere is down to all of us as fans. It is us who make (or don`t make) enough noise in support of the team.

On a related topic of safe standing , I personally would like it introduced into the grounds of the top two divisions in the near future. This is a view shared by Cardiff City Supporters Club and Cardiff City Supporters Trust .However, the fact remains that it is currently illegal and the Government have recently said that they have no current appetite to change the law. They did say that they would closely monitor the scheme introduced in Scotland by Celtic but , unfortunately, Celtic fans have not helped the position by some of their behaviour in that area since it was installed.

Keith,

Yes I did originally reply to Jason, just after he posted the topic. I had no reply from him, so I deleted my own post and I decided to stay out of this topic totally and would rather not get involved, I will leave it to you all to talk about Wayne Nash.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:30 pm

Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Return to General Chat