INCREASE CROWD IDEA?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: INCREASE CROWD IDEA?

Postby Bluesman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:39 pm

For the position we are in lets face it our following is S***. There is nothing more the club can do, they have tried everything, fair play to them.
Just thought of a novel way to get capacity crowds for every game. Let the club pay the fans to attend games. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
Bluesman

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Reply from FB

Ian James Evans:

It’s because sadly there’s a load of Cardiff fans that only watch Cardiff during the glory days so WHEN we get to the premiership I say don’t let them in we will get there without them and we’ll stay up there without them as well !!!

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

:lol: :lol:
That’s Facebook for you!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:53 pm

Nothing more club can do other than give
tickets away ! It's blindly obvious we do not have the support above 18k regular fans?never had in past why will we now? It wont change unless in premiership :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby goats » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:27 pm

Bluesman wrote:For the position we are in lets face it our following is S***. There is nothing more the club can do, they have tried everything, fair play to them.
Just thought of a novel way to get capacity crowds for every game. Let the club pay the fans to attend games. :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

I think we have more fans that don’t go, than ones that do.
I wonder if we hadn’t had the last disaster of a promotion in red, if we’d have bigger crowds now? Fans would have that initial hunger to see us in the top league, that def isn’t there these days.
goats

Re: " increase crowd idea "

Postby Blueboys1927 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:We have some of the most fickle glory chasing fans in the country, we always have been, embarrassing really. One point off second spot and the true size of the crowd last night will have been about 12,000, and only a fiver a kid. We are at best mid size league one size club, similar size to a club like Brentford. :bluebird:

Sadly Simon I am starting to believe and see that.

Your right £5 under 16's

Plus £18 in Ninian Stand last night

Plus season tickets working out at £2.50p each game.

Busses put on.

City can't do much more.

Little Brentford very sad we are now compared to them, a club surrounded by other clubs and always been a small club.

Warnock,Media,Vince Alm,Tan/Our Club and many fans are shocked and saddened by our awful support home and away.

As this topic is about ideas.

I really believe the whole of the Upper Ninian Stand every game should be packed with Kids Free from all the schools.
5,000 tickets given out for every home game :thumbright: :thumbright:

The Kids are the future for Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I agree Annis your 100% right :bluebird:
Blueboys1927

Postby Tuggi » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:53 pm

The Man City game is a bit of a wet squib to mention really, only 4,000 tickets went on general sale, meaning current fans and season ticket holders took the rest.

How many of the season ticket holders last night took a mate like they did to the Man City game? We have what this season, 13,000 ish season ticket holders? Double that for the Man City game, minus the 3,000 Man City fans, doesn’t leave much for “plastic” fans to gobble up

Give free ones to kids is the best idea, 10-16 year olds will get hooked on it and continue into their early 20s before family life effects commitments
Tuggi

Postby x grangetown » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Play man city every week then they will turn up.
x grangetown

Postby pembroke allan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:17 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:We have some of the most fickle glory chasing fans in the country, we always have been, embarrassing really. One point off second spot and the true size of the crowd last night will have been about 12,000, and only a fiver a kid. We are at best mid size league one size club, similar size to a club like Brentford. :bluebird:

Your right £5 under 16's

Busses put on.

City can't do much more.

Little Brentford very sad we are now compared to them, a club surrounded by other clubs and always been a small club.

Warnock,Media,Vince Alm,Tan/Our Club and many fans are shocked and saddened by our awful support home and away.

I really believe the whole of the Upper Ninian Stand every game should be packed with Kids Free from all the schools.

The Kids are the future for Cardiff City :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

kids not the answer as they never turn up because guess what their parents dont!!!! family stand is always only 1/4 full even on a saturday. and as for being a mid div 1 club that is a pathetic comparison to make only our fans can say such crap! :twisted:
pembroke allan

Postby City1983 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 am

I counted at least 16 Coaches from the Valleys area alone on Tuesday night. That's amazing considering everyone has to work get home and get ready for the game all within 3 hrs before kick off.

Not the size of the real Cardiff number but its great the support is still thriving north of the city of Cardiff.
City1983

Postby Forever Blue » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:44 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Your right £5 under 16's

Busses put on.

City can't do much more.

kids not the answer as they never turn up because guess what their parents dont!!!! family stand is always only 1/4 full even on a saturday. and as for being a mid div 1 club that is a pathetic comparison to make only our fans can say such crap! :twisted:

Kids are the answer,but family stand can be boring, they want to go in Canton Stand.

I started in 1972 on the Bob Bank with my Grandfather after receiving a free ticket at School and following season I had a season ticket and my Grandfather :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sloper Road » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:30 pm

my son is i the canton..why do you think they cant?.
Sloper Road

Postby Sam ReaN » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:36 pm

All we need to do to fix the future attendances is to look at the past and the elements that brought fans and built a positive atmosphere, e.g. more flags, banners and music outside the stadium like it was at the Ninian Park.

I think things like that would be epic.

But if the club don't do this, then only time will tell on attendances. Cardiff City are only one point away from an automatic promotion place and we would surely fill up the stadium if we go up with all them plastic fans :bluebird:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby JB1 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:25 pm

Great idea.. albeit not every fickle fan is interested in a season ticket for the Prem. As we're looking good for the playoffs, maybe the club could look at guaranteeing a a play off ticket for anyone who attends 50% of remaining games (plenty of fans have priorities that take precedent above watching City.. which is why they only attend the odd game, even if it is Man City, and not Mansfield) :-)
JB1

Postby RV Casual » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:02 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:All we need to do to fix the future attendances is to look at the past and the elements that brought fans and built a positive atmosphere, e.g. more flags, banners and music outside the stadium like it was at the Ninian Park.

I think things like that would be epic.

But if the club don't do this, then only time will tell on attendances. Cardiff City are only one point away from an automatic promotion place and we would surely fill up the stadium if we go up with all them plastic fans :bluebird:

Bristol City have a great set up at their place, I doubt many of our fans would have seen it but we had no colours on and had a wander, right outside the one stand they had about 4-5 bars, when I say bars they were like the mobile things but big enough, no ques etc, there was a Thatchers Bar and a Heineken Bar, they had various food outlets and a band playing, I personally thought it was pretty impressive and a great set up but I'm not sure what if anything something like that would add to our atmosphere as I think once people got inside it would go back to the same, plus I'm not entirely sure something like that would necessarily entice 'more' fans but nevertheless would be great for the fans we do have
RV Casual

Postby epping blue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 pm

They really need to push those 6 game packages after the Bristol game. An extra 5 - 6 k getting behind the team could really make a difference in the run in. If we win those home games then an automatic place becomes a very real prospect
epping blue

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:25 am

The only answer is cheaper tickets, if that's not financially possible for the club then we just have to deal with it.

Yes the prices are decent for a championship club but they just please the current season ticket holders knowing they are having a fair price.

If you want more people you need more season ticket holders and it has to be cheaper prices. The prices are decent but they won't tempt people who are 50/50 on getting a season ticket.

You then have the problem of getting people to turn up. Maybe every game you turn up you get £2 of next years season ticket, that's £46 off the following year or as city shop money or something. Don't know haven't thought about it 6o much but something along those lines.
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:46 am

2blue2handle wrote:The only answer is cheaper tickets, if that's not financially possible for the club then we just have to deal with it.

Yes the prices are decent for a championship club but they just please the current season ticket holders knowing they are having a fair price.

If you want more people you need more season ticket holders and it has to be cheaper prices. The prices are decent but they won't tempt people who are 50/50 on getting a season ticket.

You then have the problem of getting people to turn up. Maybe every game you turn up you get £2 of next years season ticket, that's £46 off the following year or as city shop money or something. Don't know haven't thought about it 6o much but something along those lines.

Luke, City put on cheap half season tickets ad it worked out £2;50p under 16's a game and about £9 an Adult a game in the Ninian Stand, next you will be saying as a professional football club lets let everyone in free.
City have been brilliant value all season.

£5 under !6's and £18 Adults Ninian Stand :thumbright: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 am

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:The only answer is cheaper tickets, if that's not financially possible for the club then we just have to deal with it.

Luke, City put on cheap half season tickets ad it worked out £2;50p under 16's a game and about £9 an Adult a game in the Ninian Stand, next you will be saying as a professional football club lets let everyone in free.
City have been brilliant value all season.

£5 under !6's and £18 Adults Ninian Stand :thumbright: :bluebird:

I agree the ticket and student tickets were brilliant.
Season tickets at the start of the season for where I used to sit were not cheap, decent value but nothing ground breaking. I had to move areas to get a decent price and sit alone.

If you have season tickets at £150 all over the Ninian stand I'd guaretee higher attandances. If its not cost effective then fair enough but that's the only way in my opinion you will increase the attandances massively.

You asked for ideas Annis and this is the only solution other than promotion. People don't care about half time games or bands. Even sitting next to the away fans, the Ninians section next to the away end has loads of free seats as you know.

I'd love the club to have higher attandances but it doesn't effect me as much as it seems to others, seems to be an obsession on here lately.
2blue2handle

Postby Furte boy » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am

Simple,need success and VFM, get in premiership and invest and we could be filling this stadium. Reduce STPrices if financially viable and attract the kids, who will be our future supporters
Furte boy

Previous

Return to General Chat