" CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " CARDIFF CITY'S POOR CROWDS INVESTIGATED " THE FACTS

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:01 am

boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
neilst wrote:1.I think it will improve family stand attendance by moving either them or away fans as ive sat in famuly stand a few times just so my boys could have pre match games. But the abuse that is thrown at fanily stand is no good for kids 2. Atmosphere wise by doing this wheneva they sing our fans would out power them as whoever said atomsphere in ground is good is full of shit been season ticket holder for years in ninian 116 and the last time i remember it good there was promotion season apart from premier league when big teams.

So all you do if move family stand to say canton end is to have a graveyard there or wherever you choose to put it will be same! At end of day people knew where away end was when stadium was being built so was upto them to go in Ninian stand but chose canton stand so who's fault is that? :thumbup:

Not quite true we got season tickets in block 117. I much enjoyed that season but each week got worse to club clamping down in standing. The club threatened to remove season tickets for persistence and advised to move to canton for standing and ultimately singing section. Our club basically didn't want any threat of violence in our new shiny stadium.

The atmosphere would be much better with canton next to away fans. This is a fact for sure.

You could be right but then you leave other parts stadium with no atmosphere! I sit halfway line on level 4 and tbh atmosphere sounds lot better around ground than at pitch level, other point is what kind atmosphere would there be with 4k city fans next to 500 away fans? Because we get a lot of low away attendance's ? Just think people make to much of away fans next to home fans, I'm
Sure other grounds have great atmosphere with few away fans and not next to home fans why is that? :thumbup:

I simply base it on my own experience from ninian being in Grange end next to away fans, also lower grandstand and block a when block A would get a chant going the bob bank would join in too.

Same for when we were in block 117. The stadium at times gets going but I cannot hear the away froms from canton end even when they bring loads. Same for away fans they don't hear canton.

Personally I don't like the drum but that's the usual method to start songs off. Rare now to get good old skool or new songs going with a banging drum constant. Next to away fans a Drum is not needed as even a few hundred away fans can get good song banter going.

For me watching city as a youngster the banter between home and away fans was a big selling point and enjoyment of going to the games.

Do many other teams have they singing section next to away fans. Trouble is no longer an issue as it once was!

I was in ninian several years ago and noise wasn't that great! Other thing forget is segregation take look at how many rows of seats are empty in family stand and ninian to separate fans bet it would be bigger if move home fans there? Your right no issues with trouble but why is that? At ninian park it was nearly every game because fans were so close to each other, but have you noticed there appears to be more incidents involving fans outside grounds past 2 seasons , at present we have no police presence in ground except for couple games that would change to every game which costs club lot money over season. Not against moving fans but don't think it's the answer :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby steve davies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:23 am

pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
neilst wrote:1.I think it will improve family stand attendance by moving either them or away fans as ive sat in famuly stand a few times just so my boys could have pre match games. But the abuse that is thrown at fanily stand is no good for kids 2. Atmosphere wise by doing this wheneva they sing our fans would out power them as whoever said atomsphere in ground is good is full of shit been season ticket holder for years in ninian 116 and the last time i remember it good there was promotion season apart from premier league when big teams.

So all you do if move family stand to say canton end is to have a graveyard there or wherever you choose to put it will be same! At end of day people knew where away end was when stadium was being built so was upto them to go in Ninian stand but chose canton stand so who's fault is that? :thumbup:

Not quite true we got season tickets in block 117. I much enjoyed that season but each week got worse to club clamping down in standing. The club threatened to remove season tickets for persistence and advised to move to canton for standing and ultimately singing section. Our club basically didn't want any threat of violence in our new shiny stadium.

The atmosphere would be much better with canton next to away fans. This is a fact for sure.

You could be right but then you leave other parts stadium with no atmosphere! I sit halfway line on level 4 and tbh atmosphere sounds lot better around ground than at pitch level, other point is what kind atmosphere would there be with 4k city fans next to 500 away fans? Because we get a lot of low away attendance's ? Just think people make to much of away fans next to home fans, I'm
Sure other grounds have great atmosphere with few away fans and not next to home fans why is that? :thumbup:

I simply base it on my own experience from ninian being in Grange end next to away fans, also lower grandstand and block a when block A would get a chant going the bob bank would join in too.

Same for when we were in block 117. The stadium at times gets going but I cannot hear the away froms from canton end even when they bring loads. Same for away fans they don't hear canton.

Personally I don't like the drum but that's the usual method to start songs off. Rare now to get good old skool or new songs going with a banging drum constant. Next to away fans a Drum is not needed as even a few hundred away fans can get good song banter going.

For me watching city as a youngster the banter between home and away fans was a big selling point and enjoyment of going to the games.

Do many other teams have they singing section next to away fans. Trouble is no longer an issue as it once was!

I was in ninian several years ago and noise wasn't that great! Other thing forget is segregation take look at how many rows of seats are empty in family stand and ninian to separate fans bet it would be bigger if move home fans there? Your right no issues with trouble but why is that? At ninian park it was nearly every game because fans were so close to each other, but have you noticed there appears to be more incidents involving fans outside grounds past 2 seasons , at present we have no police presence in ground except for couple games that would change to every game which costs club lot money over season. Not against moving fans but don't think it's the answer :thumbup:

far to much is made of the so called atmosphere at ninian park. yes there were the man city and leeds games along with local derbys but for the vast majority of the time you could hear the players talking to each other at games.
steve davies

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:29 am

The atmosphere the last couple of seasons at Ninian Park was on the most part very poor. Yes it had its moments but it wasn't how some people seem to remember it.
2blue2handle

Postby llan bluebird » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Football has changed.....That's all.

Absolutely nothing to do with the rebrand, that is just an excuse for those in the category above. The casuals or hooligan culture has been almost eradicated by severe sentencing, CCTV and new stadia. So that element saw the premier league, hated it and quit, its just not the same any more if you are over 40 and into the scene.

Success is the only thing that brings crowds and that human sub surface fear of missing out. Our stadium is massive, so you'll always get a ticket this time round.

The Wurzels live in a bigger and more affluent city, but only had 17K of their fans for the reverse fixture. We are going to moan about 22K, i need an CCFC historian to tell me the last time NP had 22K.

Gain promotion to the promised land and we'll have 25K season tickets, thats just how it is nowadays.
llan bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:28 pm

steve davies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

far to much is made of the so called atmosphere at ninian park. yes there were the man city and leeds games along with local derbys but for the vast majority of the time you could hear the players talking to each other at games.

?
Thought I was only one who wasn't all ga ga over ninian park ? To me regardless of what stadium that you are in its the match/ excitement that produces atmosphere,the worst atmosphere I feel is Wembley not impressed on the occasions I've been there :old:
pembroke allan

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I wonder how much of an affect Wales doing well has. I think some people now prefer to follow Wales, home and away we seem to have more than ever, we took thousand upon thousand to France, i bet some are still paying off that trip :lol: it doesn't mean those people are not fans of Cardiff but prioritise Wales games and then pick and chose the Cardiff games. If your going to pick and chose games you will pick £5 for Leeds or seeing Manchester City in the cup.
I don't think that accounts for a huge percentage of fans but certainly some I know.

I did a post talking about the Euro factor. That’s another point too about people having spent their ‘football’ budget and also their football goodwill points on the Euros.

I also pointed out that after the excitement of the Euros how is Ipswich going to be exciting? Cardiff fans always respond to excitement. That’s why when something is new it gives a boost to crowds. Always has. We are 2nd in the Championship but we have been here before not that long ago. Certainly not too long that people have forgotten.
maccydee

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:16 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I agree with you and many feel the same way :thumbright: :bluebird:

:thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CF64 BLUE » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:42 pm

People fretting over crowds lower than they would expect for a team flying high.
I'm one of the missing 1000's, used to attend as much as humanly possible as I did and still do shift work.
I would say the third most used word on this forum after"Cardiff" and "City" is "plastic". ex/occasional fans are being called this name on a regular basis, it doesn't really encourage semi interested fans to make the effort to go to matches, it wouldn't and doesn't bother me personally in the least but I think for some it would effect their decision.
I have found a new interest that now uses up my free time and would rather pursue that than follow "The City".
Why doesn't the club do a survey of ex and occasional fans and attempt to get to the reason for disappointing crowds?.
I still occasionally fancy attending a game but can't see me returning to the fold and I first went when Dilwyn John and Gareth Williams played probably around 1965/66ish.
People who don't attend regularly are still keen City fans I have no doubt, there aren't really that many "plastics around as many on here would have us believe.
CF64 BLUE

Postby steve davies » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:12 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:People fretting over crowds lower than they would expect for a team flying high.
I'm one of the missing 1000's, used to attend as much as humanly possible as I did and still do shift work.
I would say the third most used word on this forum after"Cardiff" and "City" is "plastic". ex/occasional fans are being called this name on a regular basis, it doesn't really encourage semi interested fans to make the effort to go to matches, it wouldn't and doesn't bother me personally in the least but I think for some it would effect their decision.
I have found a new interest that now uses up my free time and would rather pursue that than follow "The City".
Why doesn't the club do a survey of ex and occasional fans and attempt to get to the reason for disappointing crowds?.
I still occasionally fancy attending a game but can't see me returning to the fold and I first went when Dilwyn John and Gareth Williams played probably around 1965/66ish.
People who don't attend regularly are still keen City fans I have no doubt, there aren't really that many "plastics around as many on here would have us believe.

There’s no such thing as a plastic in my opinion. Once you pay your money for a ticket and attend your a city fan if you can’t make the next four games for whatever reason the next time you attend your a city fan
steve davies

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:21 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:People fretting over crowds lower than they would expect for a team flying high.

The shift work / Saturday Work has to be a factor. The jobs people are doing has changed and weekend and evening working has become much more prevalent.
maccydee

Postby grange_end1927 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:03 pm

maccydee wrote:

The shift work / Saturday Work has to be a factor. The jobs people are doing has changed and weekend and evening working has become much more prevalent.

Maccy, I work shifts mate, me and my son missed two games this season through me shift work. Nobody seem to have work on when we played Manchester city :lol: i wonder how clubs over fans able to keep watching their teams?
grange_end1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Annis you used to sit by the away fans and I think do now when your over so you know how many empty seats there are next to the away fans.

If everyone wants to sit next to to the away fans so much for the banter etc why isn't this area sold out?
2blue2handle

Postby boyo1927 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Annis you used to sit by the away fans and I think do now when your over so you know how many empty seats there are next to the away fans.

If everyone wants to sit next to to the away fans so much for the banter etc why isn't this area sold out?

We used to go there 1st and 2nd season when we moved to new stadium. Stewards were told to clamp down on standing and as a season ticket holder we were told persistent standing would have our season ticket taken away. The club said anyone who wants to stand there is a singing section. The canton!
boyo1927

Postby Furte boy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Simple really, be successful, reach the premiership and we’ll sell out, pointless asking why people don’t turn up, there are thousands of reasons, i’m A ST holder, but spend 6 months in Spain, people have families, jobs, hobbies, etc. We just don’t have enough yet to make them make those sacrifices to follow us
Furte boy

Postby Furte boy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Calling people plastics don’t help, making people feel like second class supporters will not encourage them to return, personally, those who left because of the rebrand and refuse to return , even though they won! We’re we’ll rid of them, look to future generations
Furte boy

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:17 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Luke,

I have done since the day the New stadium opened and my season ticket is there.
Its virtually empty.

It was full when we moved there, BUT

Stewards were like little hittlers if fans stood up, sit down, names take up to 5 match bans.
If fans were seen signing or pointing towards away fans filmed and 5 match ban.
Julian Jenkins & Wayne Nash got fans to move in their droves over to the Canton Stand.

Dibs/Nukes etc said they had had enough of the policing and all left, the club finally killed the atmosphere over 5 years ago.

Against Man City the club turned a blind eye :lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Fair enough, seems a shame. I suppose from the clubs point of view it makes sense but doesnt help the atmosphere.

It was great against Leeds as well as I sit even closer to the away fans. I've never had any trouble with the stewards or seen any but I'm happy to sit down for the most part.
2blue2handle

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:31 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Fair enough, seems a shame. I suppose from the clubs point of view it makes sense but doesnt help the atmosphere.

It was great against Leeds as well as I sit even closer to the away fans. I've never had any trouble with the stewards or seen any but I'm happy to sit down for the most part.

Luke, its backfired on them.

That area could be packed and with a great atmosphere :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

In the Prem, they allowed City fans to stand up in there, it does not make sense, as soon as the crowd is not as big they go way over the top the club stewards.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:

:lol: Best excuse of the season and its £18 by the way :D

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

Allan, I have added this to the 101 other excuses :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Furte boy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Calling people plastics don’t help, making people feel like second class supporters will not encourage them to return, personally, those who left because of the rebrand and refuse to return , even though they won! We’re we’ll rid of them, look to future generations
Furte boy

Postby Furte boy » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:47 pm

Simple really, be successful, reach the premiership and we’ll sell out, pointless asking why people don’t turn up, there are thousands of reasons, i’m A ST holder, but spend 6 months in Spain, people have families, jobs, hobbies, etc. We just don’t have enough yet to make them make those sacrifices to follow us
Furte boy

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Why should fans have to stand up to watch game in an all seater stadium just because some fans persistently stand, They've got a stand to use for that so should be happy! Even man u been threatened with stand closure because of persistently standing fans, Maybe that's reason for people staying away now? I certainly wouldn't want spend £20 to stand when I have paid to sit. :thumbup:

You could not make it up Allan, so u think fans are staying away because other fans stood up :lol:

In the Prem if u read two sections of Ninian Stand stood up every game and it was full all season, if fans did not like it they moved further down the Ninian Stand or could go to Fam stand or main grandstand very simple to do :thumbright: :thumbright:

Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.
maccydee

Postby Gaynor Straight » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:56 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis I much prefer to stand at the footy and love the atmosphere however there might well be fans who come who don’t want that and want to sit and watch it in peace. Knowing the mouthful some might get were they to ask someone to sit down would stop someone from coming especially if they felt intimidated.

101 excuses or reasons but all of them valid if that's what the individual feels
Gaynor Straight

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:57 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed it works all ways Neil :thumbright: , but two sections out of say 8 in the Ninian Stand harmed No one and yet again v Man City they turned a blind eye.
Plus plenty of seats in Fam & main grandstand to sit down in and I mean plenty :thumbright:

Plus I use to get ph calls of Wayne Nash for the big games,to get all the fans up and make it more passionate :lol:

On FB u put under this title you were not interested in this topic and it had been done to death,yet here you are again :lol:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:58 pm

Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

101 excuses or reasons but all of them valid if that's what the individual feels

To much traffic,its raining,its cold,its live on tv,its a Sunday,its a Tuesday night, fans stand up etc etc

But only at our club :lol:

Never heard that for Man City or Leeds game :thumbright: :thumbright:

Why did they not feel that way for those two big games?

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby maccydee » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

To much traffic,its raining,its cold,its live on tv,its a Sunday,its a Tuesday night, fans stand up etc etc

Agreed it works all ways Neil :thumbright: , but two sections out of say 8 in the Ninian Stand harmed No one and yet again v Man City they turned a blind eye.
Plus plenty of seats in Fam & main grandstand to sit down in and I mean plenty :thumbright:

Plus I use to get ph calls of Wayne Nash for the big games,to get all the fans up and make it more passionate :lol:

On FB u put under this title you were not interested in this topic and it had been done to death,yet here you are again :lol:

Because they are exciting games and people will put up with it for the exciting games.

Excitement comes from the feel that is around the club. Sadly, despite being 2nd the excitement isn’t where it used to be when we were here before. It’s not new.

It’s not just our club it’s all clubs.
maccydee

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Not excuse a reason why but I forgot only rebrand is a reason everything else is an excuse? :laughing5: :thumbup:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pembroke allan

Postby Gaynor Straight » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gaynor Straight wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Only at our club ?

Wigan (top of the table remember) had 8k for a recent home league game. A few days later 19k turn up to watch Man City.
Gaynor Straight

Postby wez1927 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:17 pm

steve davies wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Agree rose tinted glasses sometimes
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat