" Neil Warnock slams EFL "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:57 am

Neil Warnock slams EFL for scheduling Cardiff City’s clash with Burton Albion for a Friday evening

Monday 12th March 2018

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock has expressed his anger at the Football League over the scheduling of the Burton Albion clash after the international break.

The Bluebirds saw off the challenge of Birmingham City, in-spite of a nervy finish as they defeated Garry Monk’s side to take another enormous stride towards promotion to the Premier League.

But, in the aftermath of the game, Warnock was left furious and labelled their fixture against Burton Albion, which will take place on Friday the 30th March after the international break as “absolutely ridiculous.”

The Bluebirds boss said: “I think we are going to have to write to the football league. I don’t think any team in the Championship going for promotion should have to play on a Friday coming back after the international break. It’s absolutely pathetic.”

“I wish them people would come with me and train with me while they’re doing that, they don’t have a clue what they’re doing.”

“I know we rule by television, but there has got to be common sense. I have got lads from Hungary or somewhere coming back on a Wednesday night, traveling through the night and then they’re playing Friday night, you wouldn’t put your animals through that.”

The Bluebirds now sit just three points off Wolverhampton Wanderers after Nuno Espirito’s side suffered a 4-1 defeat against rivals Aston Villa in the Saturday evening kick-off, which was broadcast live on Sky Sports.

Warnock is still coy on the chances of his side gaining automatic promotion to the Premier League, though. “We are not thinking about promotion just yet,” he said.

“We set a points target to get in the play-offs and we are there today – when you look at the other teams who are winning, it is hard to think about automatic promotion just yet.”

“All the games we have got left are difficult, especially the away games, we go to all the top teams. But I think we have just got to enjoy it, you can see today the effort we put in and we played some good football.”

“They could have made it easier for me and I could have sat there with a nice cigar in, but they never do that, do they?

They never make it easy for me but hopefully, they have saved up the goals for when we need them.”

Warnock recently won manager for February following their sensational league form and they will look to build on their sixth win on the spin when making tough trips to play-off hopefuls Brentford and Derby County this week as they bid to supplement their promotion bid to the Premier League.
Attachments
Bolton-Wanderers-v-Cardiff-City-SkyBet-Championship-3-2-3.jpg
Bolton-Wanderers-v-Cardiff-City-SkyBet-Championship-3-2-3.jpg (21.77 KiB) Viewed 3046 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Neil Warnock slams EFL "

Postby gergisabluebird » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:06 am

Thought it was a 3:00 kick off (full Good Friday fixtures).
so not even Friday evening, even less time for players to recover from any return travelling.
Also noticed we play Friday / Monday, Villa play Saturday / Tuesday
gergisabluebird

Postby gergisabluebird » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:12 am

gergisabluebird wrote:Thought it was a 3:00 kick off (full Good Friday fixtures).
so not even Friday evening, even less time for players to recover from any return travelling.

Also Wolves and Fulham both playing Friday / Tuesday - so have that extra day's rest
gergisabluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:49 am

gergisabluebird wrote:Thought it was a 3:00 kick off (full Good Friday fixtures).

Ahhh yes but if we win think of the pressure villa will be under for both games playing after us. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby epping blue » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:

Ahhh yes but if we win think of the pressure villa will be under for both games playing after us. :thumbup:

I see Iceland and The Philippines are both playing home matches on the Tuesday, The Philippines an Asian cup qualifier. Now we're pretty much used to playing without Gunnersson but Etheridge would be huge doubt having travelled half way round the world less than 48 hours before the Burton game.
epping blue

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:50 am

epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I see Iceland and The Philippines are both playing home matches on the Tuesday, The Philippines an Asian cup qualifier. Now we're pretty much used to playing without Gunnersson but Etheridge would be huge doubt having travelled half way round the world less than 48 hours before the Burton game.

No worries here - Murphy will be fine to step in :thumbright:
Gunnarson has been no existent anyway
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:08 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
epping blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

No worries here - Murphy will be fine to step in :thumbright:
Gunnarson has been no existent anyway

:thumbup: players returing from injury as well cannot see it as a problem
pembroke allan

Postby cardiff city stadium » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:45 pm

Paterson will be in Hungary with Scotland and I guess Gujic is away somewhere too. Manga probably in Africa so we could be several players light for Burton.
cardiff city stadium

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:35 pm

Neil Warnock Considers Request For Cardiff City Postponement

12th March 2018

by Graham Thomas

Neil Warnock is threatening to demand a postponement of Cardiff City’s Good Friday match against Burton Albion.

The Cardiff City manager is angry that the Football League have scheduled a full afternoon Championship fixture list for March 30 – just two days after a number of his players could be travelling back from international duty.

Warnock’s fear is that the tight turnaround and fatigue may effect his possible four-strong international contingent and could undermine their promotion bid.

Promotion rivals Aston will be gaining an extra day’s rest since their game against Hull City is not being played until the Saturday.

“I think we are going to have to write to the Football League,” raged Warnock.

“I don’t think any team in the Championship going for promotion should have to play on a Friday, having come back from the international break.”

Warnock could have Neil Etheridge, Callum Paterson, Marko Grujic and Kenneth Zohore jetting home some time on Wednesday.

“We’ve got lads coming back on a Wednesday. And we’re playing Burton on a Friday? It’s absolutely ridiculous.

“I’ve got lads coming back from Hungary on a Wednesday. They’ll be travelling through the night and then they’re playing on Friday.

“You wouldn’t put your animals through that. It’s ridiculous. I wish those people (Football League officials) would come with me and train with me, while they’re doing that. They haven’t a bloody clue what they’re doing.”

“I know television rule, but they’ve got to use some common sense. Gee whizz.

Cardiff could have Etheridge (Philippines v Tajikistan), Paterson (Scotland in Hungary), Grujic (Serbia v Nigeria) and Zohore (Denmark v Chile) involved in midweek as well as Sol Bamba (Ivory Coast in Togo) and Junior Hoilett (Canada v New Zealand) playing the weekend before.
Attachments
Neil-Warnock-5-2.jpeg
Neil-Warnock-5-2.jpeg (73.99 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sam ReaN » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:38 pm

Warnock may not be happy, but at least if we win we will get a head start of our rivals, putting pressure on them on Saturday :ayatollah:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby cardiff city stadium » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:49 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Warnock may not be happy, but at least if we win we will get a head start of our rivals, putting pressure on them on Saturday :ayatollah:

Not Bamba. Doesn't play internationals. Not sure about Manga though.
cardiff city stadium

Return to General Chat