Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ UPDATE ON JOE RALLS / NOT REALLY GOOD “

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:29 pm

The exact situation with Joe Ralls' injury and when he will return to Cardiff City action

Monday 12th March 2018

The Cardiff City midfielder has been missing from the wins over Barnsley and Birmingham

Joe Ralls will not return to Cardiff City action until at least after the international break as he continues to suffer from a knee injury.

The Bluebirds midfielder has enjoyed an excellent season but missed the recent wins over Barnsley and Birmingham City after picking up a knock in training.

Rumours have circulated on social media that the 24-year-old could be sidelined for the rest of the campaign, but Neil Warnock is hopeful Ralls will return at some stage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ UPDATE ON JOE RALLS / NOT REALLY GOOD “

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:38 pm

Again the info I was given was correct. Same when I was told ward was out for season last Dec...

Big blow

Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:45 pm

You know how Warnock likes to keep people guessing.
He'll be in the squad tomorrow night probably :laughing5:

In all seriousness - I have never been a big fan of Joe Ralls but this season he has really upped his game.
Warnock has turned him from a decent player to a good player.
:ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:36 pm

If we can get him back for the Sheffield United game that would be great. We definitely need him for Wolves and Villa but, hopefully Gunnar will be back by then too. These next 4-5 weeks are likely to be definitive as to where we end up this season.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:56 pm

Personally I think we have NOT missed Ralls or Gunnarsson, Grujic, Bryson and Paterson are more than capable of doing a job. Of course it’ll be nice to have them both back, strength in depth and all that but I wouldn’t be too concerned if they weren’t back for the next 5 games for example. I really cannot understand why some rave about Ralls and Gunnarsson

Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:16 pm

I think our best three is probably Ralls Grujic and Paterson. Ralls and Grujic offer that graft and quality on either side, a good left and right foot combo, while Paterson leads the press really well and is a goal scorer. Bryson plays quite like Paterson, but not as well.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Gunnars is the best holding midfielder we've got and a natural leader. With Bryson and Ralls out injured we need him back asap. Grujic has adapted well, but isn't a holding player....he commits too many fouls.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:21 pm

bluemun wrote:Gunnars is the best holding midfielder we've got and a natural leader. With Bryson and Ralls out injured we need him back asap. Grujic has adapted well, but isn't a holding player....he commits too many fouls.

Really?? And Gunnarsson don’t commit any needless fouls? Ok then :lol:
I stick by what I said, I can’t say why people rave about Gunnarsson, remind me how long has he been out for then remind me where we are in the league :thumbup:

Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:24 pm

Ralls is a big miss. The lads have done well in his absence but that box to box energy is badly missed. Gunnars is nowhere near fit. Is Bryson definitely out tomorrow?

Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Given Grujic is an attacking midfielder I’m amazed how well he has done in adapting to a new role. Especially when we have had players that can’t even play well in their natural role!

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:04 pm

Juventus Blue wrote:
bluemun wrote:Gunnars is the best holding midfielder we've got and a natural leader. With Bryson and Ralls out injured we need him back asap. Grujic has adapted well, but isn't a holding player....he commits too many fouls.

Really?? And Gunnarsson don’t commit any needless fouls? Ok then :lol:
I stick by what I said, I can’t say why people rave about Gunnarsson, remind me how long has he been out for then remind me where we are in the league :thumbup:

Yeah I agree but you haven’t mentioned what a sublime passer of the ball Gunnarsson is - usually to the opposition :laughing6:
Seriously though, if the injuries continue and he can get fit he could be an asset in the last few games.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:44 pm

As much as I truly appreciate What Gunnarsson has done for the club, I also feel we are a better team without him.

Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:55 pm

welshrarebit wrote:Given Grujic is an attacking midfielder I’m amazed how well he has done in adapting to a new role. Especially when we have had players that can’t even play well in their natural role!

He isn't an attacking midfielder?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:29 am

Seen it reported he is - or at least he isn’t a defensive midfielder but Warnock has asked him to play that role. Can’t find a reference at the moment but I’ve seen it somewhere! :-)

Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:14 am

Touchwood. We are coping without him, injuries have been nothing short of cruel this year, worse than I have ever known or can remember, yet we have coped admirably. I absolutely love this team we have put together. It just does the business under the radar.