New Season Ticket Cards

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New Season Ticket Cards

Postby Bluebird Always » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:57 pm

Renewed two season tickets today only to be told that everyone is having new cards so an additional charge of £5 per card.
I know there have been issues with cards but ours work fine and they have updated existing cards on previous renewals.
I think the club have got this moraly wrong regarding season ticket renewals.
Bluebird Always

New Season Ticket Cards

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: New Season Ticket Cards

Postby darran1927 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:00 pm

Didn't realise they were making everyone having new one next season like you say mine works fine bit of a piss take charging for new card when current ones are fine
darran1927

Postby Bluebird Always » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Add to that they wouldn't accept my son's student card today as proof of study, need to get some form of letter from the university.
These cards are accepted everywhere. Except Cardiff City FC!
Do they want loyal supporters or not?
Certain individuals on here go on and on about attendances.
Well my message to you is to get the club to sort this out!
No wonder many fans don't bother as they can't be arsed with the clubs stupid 'rules' anymore. It puts genuine fans off!
Bluebird Always

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:12 pm

Bluebird Always wrote:Renewed two season tickets today only to be told that everyone is having new cards so an additional charge of £5 per card.
I know there have been issues with cards but ours work fine and they have updated existing cards on previous renewals.

Are you paying same as last season ? As st supposed to be frozen :old:
pembroke allan

Postby 2blue2handle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Bluebird Always wrote:Add to that they wouldn't accept my son's student card today as proof of study, need to get some form of letter from the university.
No wonder many fans don't bother as they can't be arsed with the clubs stupid 'rules' anymore. It puts genuine fans off!

I know two people who had their season tickets blocked because they didn't provide the letter in time and actually missed games because of it. Surely this should be sorted at the start of the season or at least mentioned at the time of purchase.
2blue2handle

Postby ae15 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 pm

Does anyone know when they're going to arrive?
ae15

Postby Bluebird Always » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:38 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Always wrote:Renewed two season tickets today only to be told that everyone is having new cards so an additional charge of £5 per card.

Yes the prices are frozen so i accept that is good.
But 'everyone' will have to pay for new cards.
I think that is unfair to be honest.
So you could say prices have gone up
Bluebird Always

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:42 am

Bluebird Always wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If frozen how are you paying £5 more? there is nowhere on website or information I was sent by club saying you need new cards or in fact they've not even said you use old cards. All a bit odd then :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:31 am

Bluebird Always wrote:Add to that they wouldn't accept my son's student card today as proof of study, need to get some form of letter from the university.

This doesn't surprise me, as there are many on-line courses that allow you to purchase a 'Student Extra Card', which then allows you a long list of 'discounts' regardless of income and/or other circumstances.

Can't be right, so the club are (IMHO) correct to 'check' the eligibility of all applicants in the interest of fair play to others paying the full price.

Presumably, your son will prove his eligibility through his university and happy days will follow! :thumbup: :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby barry boy » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:26 am

It's easy to make or buy your own fake ID card, including fake Student Cards.

If that's the rules, that's the rules.
barry boy

Postby Gaynor Straight » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:59 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebird Always wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

If frozen how are you paying £5 more? there is nowhere on website or information I was sent by club saying you need new cards or in fact they've not even said you use old cards. All a bit odd then :old:

The last line of the original website communication says that everyone will receive a new card.

'Receive' isn't the best word to use when you've got to pay for something mind.
Gaynor Straight

Postby lisvaneblue » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:46 am

Bit of a cheek to say the least

It's on the CCFC website as a £5 Season Ticket admin Charge. Probably covers the cost of sending them out.

We should refuse to pay it and see what the response is. After all they are issuing new ones because current ones are faulty

I bought some rail tickets on line Friday and they arrived by post next day....no charge

As usual the Club knows how to sour things when everything else is going so well
lisvaneblue

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:03 am

When I renewed online for me and the eldest, there was a £10 ‘admin charge’ at check out. Assume this covered the fiver for each of the new cards. The renewals stuff they sent said it’s new cards next season. Stealth tax!
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:20 am

Thought there's always administration charge for any ticket sent out? shouldn't be for ST
Though :shock:
pembroke allan

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:33 pm

barry boy wrote:

Just copy and email his acceptance to study letter from the Uni/college...job done :thumbright:

They also informed me for the renewal I didnt have to provide proof until October 2018
1980s Bluebird

Postby Bluebird Always » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:46 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:
barry boy wrote:

Just copy and email his acceptance to study letter from the Uni/college...job done :thumbright:

They also informed me for the renewal I didnt have to provide proof until October 2018

Thanks for that
Bluebird Always

Postby Bluebird For Life » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Bluebird Always wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:
barry boy wrote:

Thanks for that

That criteria has been going on for a few seasons as my son who is now 21 had to provide a letter for his renewals as a student card wasn't acceptable 3 or 4 years ago.
Bluebird For Life

Return to General Chat