No Pressure

A forum for all things Cardiff City

No Pressure

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:32 pm

I honestly agree with Warnock in that the pressure is on the other teams and looking at the amount some of them have spent and some of the individual players they have some of them really need to go up. I look at Wolves and if they don't go up I don't see how they'll keep players like Neves, Jota, Boly, Bonatini, and Cavaleiro as I'm not sure they'll be up for another season of championhip football and I'm sure prem clubs will be after them.

Then You have Aston Villa who have spent massive amounts of money with huge expectations and surely if they don't go up they'll have to sell to get there wage bill down after 2 years of heavy spending + an aging squad.

Fulham will be in big trouble if they don't go up this season as they have been pushing for promotion for 2 years now and if they don't go up a lot of clubs will be after Sessegnon, Cairney and Ryan Fredricks who have all be linked with moves away in the last 2 windows and I see them wanting to leave if they fail to go up again.

Where if you compare them teams to us, in general they all have individual players they rely heavily on which I don't think we do. Yes we have Morrison, Ralls and Hoilett who are great for us but we have shown that even without them our levels don't drop and Warnock has said that he is here for 2 more years so I don't see those players being sold until he leaves so we could improve the squad next season and give it another crack for our 2nd season (if we don't go up of course) compared to the other teams who desperately need promotion now.
Bluebird Warrior

No Pressure

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: No Pressure

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:04 pm

I think we are in a position where this is probably going to be our best chance of promotion. It will be difficult for us if we don't make it this season. Next season our parachute payments will have ended, we are still losing millions of pounds each season, and the debts are significant. There will come a time when Mr Tan will want see these debts being reduced, and with the loss of our parachute payments, he is going to have to pump even more money into the club to keep us going. He may decide that we need to start selling some assets to compensate for the reduced revenue, and that would probably see some of our better players being sold. An interesting couple of seasons ahead, whatever happens between now and May.
Steve Zodiak

Postby City Slicker » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:04 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I think we are in a position where this is probably going to be our best chance of promotion. It will be difficult for us if we don't make it this season. Next season our parachute payments will have ended, we are still losing millions of pounds each season, and the debts are significant. There will come a time when Mr Tan will want see these debts being reduced, and with the loss of our parachute payments, he is going to have to pump even more money into the club to keep us going. He may decide that we need to start selling some assets to compensate for the reduced revenue, and that would probably see some of our better players being sold. An interesting couple of seasons ahead, whatever happens between now and May.

Glass quarter full Steve? :lol:
City Slicker

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:28 pm

City Slicker wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:I think we are in a position where this is probably going to be our best chance of promotion. It will be difficult for us if we don't make it this season. Next season our parachute payments will have ended, we are still losing millions of pounds each season, and the debts are significant. There will come a time when Mr Tan will want see these debts being reduced, and with the loss of our parachute payments, he is going to have to pump even more money into the club to keep us going. He may decide that we need to start selling some assets to compensate for the reduced revenue, and that would probably see some of our better players being sold. An interesting couple of seasons ahead, whatever happens between now and May.

Glass quarter full Steve? :lol:

Not really. Just stating a few facts. We will lose our parachute payments, that is not a guess, we know that for a fact. We also know we lost over £20m during the year that has our last set of audited accounts were available, and that was including receipt of parachute payments. We know Tan has said that this club needs to be self sufficient, and that the debt needs to be reduced. Nothing really much in my post other than reminding fans of statements made previously by club officials, and stating facts relating to our present finances. Would be good to be promoted this year because if reports are to be believed, we are still losing money each week despite plenty of cutbacks. If Tan intends the club to be able to become self sufficient (I can't ever see that happening) and the debt to be reduced, he can hardly continue throwing much more money at it can he?
Steve Zodiak

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:10 pm

Get some sunshine in your life pal
paulh_85

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:41 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Get some sunshine in your life pal

Instead of coming out with your usual condescending response, why don't you try giving me some constructive criticism and telling me which parts of what I've said are wrong. Or do you think we will keep our parachute payments and that Tan would love to see our debts increase.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:06 pm

My post was basically just stating that we had 2 seasons to have a crack at promotion compared to others who I believe have to do it this season, hence the pressure being more on others to achieve promotion. As Warnock said if we don't go up this season we'll give it another crack next season, and even though Steve is right about no more parachute payments etc, I don't see Warnock signing a new contract with us if he's been told that he'll have to sell his best players. I think the more likely scenario will be that if we don't go up we'll keep Hoilett (who is going to sign a new contract apparently) Ralls (don't think that many teams will be after him tbh) and Morrison (who signed a new contract and could have gone last season) and have another go next season, and if we don't go up next season we will probably sell a few of them, but teams like Fulham and Wolves need to go up as I don't see them keeping Sessegnon (Spurs will take him I assume when Rose goes) and Cairney (who is 27 and will want prem next season) and Wolves are in the same situation. But hopefully we'll get promotion this season so this entire thread will be pointless :lol:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby boyo1927 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Not sure pressure on Fulham. If they don't go up financially will be sorted on selling Ryan sessegon with 25m minimum expected
boyo1927

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:02 pm

I don't agree, pressure is on us, we have been top 2 for most of the season and people are waiting for us fail.
2blue2handle

Postby pembroke allan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:22 pm

Definitely all pressure on villa/Fulham now. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 pm

pembroke allan wrote:Definitely all pressure on villa/Fulham now. :thumbup:

:thumbup:
TopCat CCFC

Postby jon1959 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I don't agree, pressure is on us, we have been top 2 for most of the season and people are waiting for us fail.

It's becoming a very long wait. :bluescarf:
jon1959

Return to General Chat