BRENTFORD - A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE: // Brentford are a young

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:26 am

MY VIEW:

BRENTFORD - A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE :

// Brentford are a youngish team who will play with guile, pace, on the deck with endeavour. A different test indeed. // They play with different formations - but tonight 'I think' they will match us & play 4-3-3. // Their average age in midfield & up front is 23 - which makes them relatively inexperienced - but they overcome that with endeavor & guile. // Up front they are : #47 Canos (5'9" & 21yrs) - #11 Watkins (5'11" &22) and #9 Maupay (5'7" &21). So young in age with no battering ram.

My concern is Watkins who is a Mendez-Laing type player as he is quick , tricky & can score. He plays left side but can also cut inside and has a wicked right foot. We have to handle him ! // In midfield their 3 include 2 players who can also play as full backs - Woods & Yennaris. Woods is their 'play maker' - so we have to stop him .

// In goal the 24 yeai old Bentley is an excellent shot stopper - but he is dodgy on crosses. We must test him. // Conclusion : Can we adapt & hanale this different style of play?

I believe we can & we will. I expect a win but will take a draw.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: BRENTFORD - A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE : // Brentford are a

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:MY VIEW:

BRENTFORD - A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE :

// Brentford are a youngish team who will play with guile, pace, on the deck with endeavour. A different test indeed. // They play with different formations - but tonight 'I think' they will match us & play 4-3-3. // Their average age in midfield & up front is 23 - which makes them relatively inexperienced - but they overcome that with endeavor & guile. // Up front they are : #47 Canos (5'9" & 21yrs) - #11 Watkins (5'11" &22) and #9 Maupay (5'7" &21). So young in age with no battering ram.

My concern is Watkins who is a Mendez-Laing type player as he is quick , tricky & can score. He plays left side but can also cut inside and has a wicked right foot. We have to handle him ! // In midfield their 3 include 2 players who can also play as full backs - Woods & Yennaris. Woods is their 'play maker' - so we have to stop him .

// In goal the 24 yeai old Bentley is an excellent shot stopper - but he is dodgy on crosses. We must test him. // Conclusion : Can we adapt & hanale this different style of play?

I believe we can & we will. I expect a win but will take a draw.

Watkins will have nothing on Joey Bennett & Sol Bamba :ayatollah:

Brentford are a very good attacking side but I think we'll be too strong defensively and hit them on the break :bluebird: :bluescarf:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Re: BRENTFORD - A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE: // Brentford are a y

Postby CFS25 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:47 am

It's a big ask but looking at other clubs fixtures this week we need 4 points at very least this week!

if we can go into the Wolves and Villa games with 4/5 point cushion I truly believe we will get promoted in 2nd place. Villa on Tuesday night will be horrible losing there and losing our 2nd place! go there with a 4 point gap then a draw will take us up I'm sure.
CFS25

Postby Wolfpac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:00 pm

Canos and Judge will be handfuls tonight, keep it tight City
Wolfpac

Postby 1980s Bluebird » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:01 pm

We just cannot afford a second half like we had against Birmingham, the teams coming our way will be far more of a threat goal scoring wise. Am nervous about tonight :shock:
1980s Bluebird

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:44 pm

1980s Bluebird wrote:We just cannot afford a second half like we had against Birmingham, the teams coming our way will be far more of a threat goal scoring wise. Am nervous about tonight :shock:

Agreed about second half v Brum. We shut teams out well, but like Barnsley, with nothing to lose, they get their tails up and it’s not comfortable for us to watch. NW will have addressed this I’m sure. Brentford pass the ball nicely. If we can disrupt their flow (Pato and Grujic can do this), get Grujic on the ball looking up, and letting Jnrs and NML’s pace do some talking on the inside, we could do them. I’m a bit worried about our MF numbers, I genuinely hope Bryson is fit. I can also see Madine doing a job here tonight, to give us that bit of hold up in the final third (providing he gets out of the bath safely today). Mid table, Brentford have nothing to lose. I expect them to look at Barnsley and brum second halves as a model....but that leaves space on the counter. They’re without their 1st choice CB too. Send Madine in! Bluebirds!
#1ScouseBluebird

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:48 pm

#1ScouseBluebird wrote:
1980s Bluebird wrote:We just cannot afford a second half like we had against Birmingham, the teams coming our way will be far more of a threat goal scoring wise. Am nervous about tonight :shock:

Agreed about second half v Brum. We shut teams out well, but like Barnsley, with nothing to lose, they get their tails up and it’s not comfortable for us to watch. NW will have addressed this I’m sure. Brentford pass the ball nicely. If we can disrupt their flow (Pato and Grujic can do this), get Grujic on the ball looking up, and letting Jnrs and NML’s pace do some talking on the inside, we could do them. I’m a bit worried about our MF numbers, I genuinely hope Bryson is fit. I can also see Madine doing a job here tonight, to give us that bit of hold up in the final third (providing he gets out of the bath safely today). Mid table, Brentford have nothing to lose. I expect them to look at Barnsley and brum second halves as a model....but that leaves space on the counter. They’re without their 1st choice CB too. Send Madine in! Bluebirds!

Possibly start with 2 up top with Hoilett off them - no wingers... I think that could work
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby #1ScouseBluebird » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:15 pm

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
#1ScouseBluebird wrote:

Possibly start with 2 up top with Hoilett off them - no wingers... I think that could work

Good shout. This could be the game to let Kenny and Madine do some damage as a pairing up top - if not from the start, it’s a hell of an option.
#1ScouseBluebird

Return to General Chat