The pressure is back on Bluebirds this week

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:28 am

I feel the pressure is back on us this week. After a weekend of fixtures that were in our favour, this week is the opposite and will be a real test to see if we can stay in the top two. Two tough away games for City whilst Villa and Wolves are home to Reading and QPR, followed by easier fixtures against Burton and Bolton.
This week we HAVE to win both fixtures! As mentioned yesterday, our run in of games is the toughest out of the contenders.
Bridgwater Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The pressure is back on Bluebirds this week

Postby WelshPatriot » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:05 am

as seen by Birmingham's second half display I don't believe there are any easy games in the championship.
WelshPatriot

Postby stevee1966 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:32 am

Bridgwater Blue wrote:I feel the pressure is back on us this week. After a weekend of fixtures that were in our favour.

I don't think the weekend results were good for us. The 2 teams chasing us both won. Would have preferred Wolves to have beaten Villa so that we'd have increased our lead over them.
Villa improved their goal difference and Fulham won in added time, after it looked like they were also going to drop points.
stevee1966

Postby Wolfpac » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:32 am

stevee1966 wrote:
Bridgwater Blue wrote:I feel the pressure is back on us this week. After a weekend of fixtures that were in our favour.

I don't think the weekend results were good for us. The 2 teams chasing us both won. Would have preferred Wolves to have beaten Villa so that we'd have increased our lead over them.
Villa improved their goal difference and Fulham won in added time, after it looked like they were also going to drop points.

Bitter blow watching that Mitrovic winner, for one of the best defensive in the leagues to allow a striker of his pedigree to be unmarked with a crap header to go in, shocking stuff.
Wolfpac

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:01 am

Wolfpac wrote:
stevee1966 wrote:

Bitter blow watching that Mitrovic winner, for one of the best defensive in the leagues to allow a striker of his pedigree to be unmarked with a crap header to go in, shocking stuff.

Agree just don't understand how goalie didn't stop it wasn't exactly hard header and bounced softly up really soft goal :roll:
pembroke allan

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:16 am

WelshPatriot wrote:as seen by Birmingham's second half display I don't believe there are any easy games in the championship.

Do you mean the ref's second half? :lol:
bluebird7291

Postby Stants Step over » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Is there really any pressure ?

The objective was top 6, the boys probably get a good bonus for that, then it was to win the playoffs.

We are in a false position in relation to our expectation. Villa & Wolves with a few other expected to get the auto positions we hoped for the playoffs because we got a manager who said we could..... I thought the only chance was if Kenny was a premier league striker, he is not (yet) but the team is highly effective.

Can't see any team beating us by two clear goals so we have a chance in all our remaining games. I doubt we'll hold on, but we all live in hope.

We may get beaten but i don't see us choking on the pressure, the others may and we need to be there to take our chance if that happens.
Stants Step over

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Stants Step over wrote:Is there really any pressure ?

The objective was top 6, the boys probably get a good bonus for that, then it was to win the playoffs.

We are in a false position in relation to our expectation. Villa & Wolves with a few other expected to get the auto positions we hoped for the playoffs because we got a manager who said we could..... I thought the only chance was if Kenny was a premier league striker, he is not (yet) but the team is highly effective.

Can't see any team beating us by two clear goals so we have a chance in all our remaining games. I doubt we'll hold on, but we all live in hope.

We may get beaten but i don't see us choking on the pressure, the others may and we need to be there to take our chance if that happens.

of course theres pressure, you think that just because we werent expected to be second that it doesnt matter if we dont make it?
paulh_85

Postby Stants Step over » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 pm

Seriously no.

Get to the playoffs was the target. The club will still be here next season if we fail in the play offs.

Wolves and Villa have really gambled. Their entire future could look drastically different if they don't make it to the premier league. Now, i know professional footballers don't think like fans, but that Sword of Damocles is hanging over the owner, chairman, FD,CEO and manager and that rubs off onto the players.

We could barely kick a ball properly in our last 10 games of the promotion season, because we knew it was a one time shot for glory and we could not afford to do it again.

I don't know if we are the second best team in this league, we will only find that out after 46 games, but our fans, the media and owner are not putting as much pressure on our team as our rivals. This will count. There may be less pressure away to Brentford as home to "banker" home wins against QPR or Reading.

Like our manager, lets play down any expectation.
Stants Step over

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:55 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Stants Step over wrote:Is there really any pressure ?

of course theres pressure, you think that just because we werent expected to be second that it doesnt matter if we dont make it?

Got to agree, how can they not feel the pressure.

I get what Warnock is saying trying to deflect but im sure the players are feeling the pressure.
2blue2handle

Postby Mr Potato » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:19 am

Burton Bolton and Reading all fighting for points on paper as easy as you’d want, reality is they should have a go and get into teams. Not easy by any stretch.
Mr Potato

Postby Bridgwater Blue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:39 pm

How wrong I was. I stupidly forgot the Warnock factor!!!
Great win tonight matched by an unbelievable one at Villa Park.
Roll on Derby :bluescarf:
Bridgwater Blue

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:49 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:as seen by Birmingham's second half display I don't believe there are any easy games in the championship.

No Easy Games In The Championship .
TopCat CCFC

Return to General Chat