All the pressure is now on Fulham

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:37 pm

They have to win all three remaining games, and even that may not be enough. We can afford one slip up, and still finish in the runners up spot. Let's see how well they handle the pressure. Personally, it would not surprise me if they don't win all their remaining games.
Steve Zodiak

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: All the pressure is now on Fulham

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:12 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:They have to win all three remaining games, and even that may not be enough. We can afford one slip up, and still finish in the runners up spot. Let's see how well they handle the pressure. Personally, it would not surprise me if they don't win all their remaining games.

Statically they should lose a game 21 games unbeaten is outrageous in championship! It's likely to be milwall next week which gives them no room for manoeuvre ? :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:21 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:They have to win all three remaining games, and even that may not be enough. We can afford one slip up, and still finish in the runners up spot. Let's see how well they handle the pressure. Personally, it would not surprise me if they don't win all their remaining games.

Statically they should lose a game 21 games unbeaten is outrageous in championship! It's likely to be milwall next week which gives them no room for manoeuvre ? :thumbup:

I still think it could go down to the final game Allan. I have a feeling that Fulham, Villa and us will all drop points over the next couple of weeks. It's ours to lose though, and I just hope we can avoid the play off lottery. All about who can handle the pressure the best, and we have a manager who has been here a few times before. :bluescarf:
Steve Zodiak

Postby pembroke allan » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:58 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I still think it could go down to the final game Allan. I have a feeling that Fulham, Villa and us will all drop points over the next couple of weeks. It's ours to lose though, and I just hope we can avoid the play off lottery. All about who can handle the pressure the best, and we have a manager who has been here a few times before. :bluescarf:

Yes we will handle pressure better but I think we will need a win from last 2 games! Still think Fulham will lose a game probably next week :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Wayne S » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:10 am

An important game in all this is next Saturdays Sunderland vs Burton.

We need Sunderland to win or they could be relegated straight after the game. Win and they can still survive when they play Fulham.

Obviously Millwall beating Fulham is the best scenario but we need a Sunderland win as a backup
Wayne S

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:24 am

Pressure on both really. Just because we are in second doesn’t mean Fulham shouldn’t feel the pressure. They play first next weekend and they have a real tough match. Slip up there and they might start to feel like it’s slipping away
paulh_85

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:30 am

The pressure has always been on Fulham.

They have gone on an unprecedented 21 unbeaten streak and are in touch of an auto. To fail to get this auto could quite easily topple them where they end up failing to get promoted by the play offs. The disappointed of not doing it after such a unbelievable run would hit any team.

Watching some of their games of late I think the pressure is hitting them big time now. They were very lucky to beat a useless Leeds team on their own patch and although giving away a late goal by Brentford last night where some will say they were unlucky with the truth is they were extremely lucky to be winning that game going into injury time most will say their luck has finally run out.

I've got a feeling come this time next week Fulham will be preparing for the play off so they can get their states of mind right for it.
Bakedalasker

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:36 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:The pressure has always been on Fulham.

They have gone on an unprecedented 21 unbeaten streak and are in touch of an auto. To fail to get this auto could quite easily topple them where they end up failing to get promoted by the play offs. The disappointed of not doing it after such a unbelievable run would hit any team.

Watching some of their games of late I think the pressure is hitting them big time now. They were very lucky to beat a useless Leeds team on their own patch and although giving away a late goal by Brentford last night where some will say they were unlucky with the truth is they were extremely lucky to be winning that game going into injury time most will say their luck has finally run out.

I've got a feeling come this time next week Fulham will be preparing for the play off so they can get their states of mind right for it.

I have been saying for weeks that I think any side who can get 91 points will go up in second place. Looking at the table now, I still think that is the magic number, but it may even be less than that. As the pressure grows, all three sides in with a shout may find themselves dropping points. This could easily go down to the final day. Still some more twists and turns to come.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 65Blue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:40 pm

The Millwall game should answer a few questions, the Brentford equaliser knocked the stuffing out of them and self doubt will now set in. I think Millwall will win a draw not too disastrous for us which will set us up nicely for Forest, however a Fulham win a the pressure is certainly back on us.
65Blue

Postby Bluebina » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:10 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

I have been saying for weeks that I think any side who can get 91 points will go up in second place. Looking at the table now, I still think that is the magic number, but it may even be less than that. As the pressure grows, all three sides in with a shout may find themselves dropping points. This could easily go down to the final day. Still some more twists and turns to come.

I think Filham will lose and end up on 88 points, we will win and end up on 93 points !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:30 am

Bluebina wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

I think Filham will lose and end up on 88 points, we will win and end up on 93 points !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Millwall could do us a huge favour at the end of the week. I think if Fulham come away from there with nothing, it will be very difficult for them to get the runners up spot. Going to be tough for us, Fulham & Villa over the next couple of weeks. Could all go down to the final game, and I can see all three sides dropping points before then.
Steve Zodiak

Return to General Chat