Who would you sign and who would start

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Moff. » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:05 am

If were promted this season how many of the current squad would you start in the prem and who would you add to the squad ?

Gk.(new signing - as good as etheridge has been this season I dont think hes premiership quality, would hope we would invest in this area and have etheridge as a quality back up)

Rb.fredericks (from what ive seen ive been impressed and would be available on a free)
Cb.morrison
Cb.bamba
Lb.bennett

Cdm - ralls
Cdm - grujic ( would like to see warnock try and sign him on loan for the season, think he would do well and continue to get better)

Rw.junior
Lw.(new signing adama traore - looks premiership quality, realistic signing depending on middlesborough going up or not)

Cam (new signining - would hope we would look to bring in a top quality playmaker who could chip in with goals)

St - kenny

Opinions ? Who would you add/drop ?

Would any one like too see ryan sessegnon here ? I know he would be a big money transfer but what a signing for the future as hes quite young and already class
Its hard being cool
Moff.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Who would you sign and who would start

Postby nubbsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:13 am

Whatever happens I hope most of the players we'd sign would build a strong foundation if we went down so we didn't have to rip the side apart like last time.
nubbsy

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:22 am

All conjecture of course but something like this on the first day of the season would do for me

Not jumping the gum assuming we are going up kind, but if we do.....

Hennessy (apparently available on a free?)

Fredericks (assuming 1. On a free and 2. Fulham don’t go up)
Morrison
Jack Stephens
Bennett

Ralls
Joe Allen
Jack colback

Hoilett
Zohore
Andre grey

Tyrone mings would also be on my shopping list. As would Charlie Austin and... this might seem like an odd one, but James Milner. Liverpool signing Keita in the summer and likely to do more strengthening to push towards the title, I wonder if someone like Milner might become available
paulh_85

Postby Daniel M » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:29 am

Adams Traore is class but I fear far too expensive in today’s market. Probably talking 25m at least. For CAM same goes with James Maddison of Norwich, quality but price would be insane and bigger clubs looking.
Daniel M

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:52 am

I’d personally like to get that Byrne from Wigan if we couldn’t get Fredericks, every time I’ve seen him he’s looked good. Definitely need a GK but I’d like to see Etheridge get a chance as he’s been superb and deserves it. Midfield is just a lottery, obviously they’ll have more time so to speak in the PL. As for a CAM se could try Junior maybe. That would mean two wingers, Woodburn and even Harry Wilson potentially, hopefully we’ve got a good working relationship with Liverpool through the Grujic deal. Strikers I’d be happy to have a go with what we’ve got, Zohore for the less versatile CB partnerships and Madine for the quicker ones to rough them up.
But it’s all guess work and we all have our own little ideas, the only one that matters is big NW.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Bluebird-in-Jackland » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:55 am

I’d personally like to get that Byrne from Wigan if we couldn’t get Fredericks, every time I’ve seen him he’s looked good. Definitely need a GK but I’d like to see Etheridge get a chance as he’s been superb and deserves it. Midfield is just a lottery, obviously they’ll have more time so to speak in the PL. As for a CAM se could try Junior maybe. That would mean two wingers, Woodburn and even Harry Wilson potentially, hopefully we’ve got a good working relationship with Liverpool through the Grujic deal. Strikers I’d be happy to have a go with what we’ve got, Zohore for the less versatile CB partnerships and Madine for the quicker ones to rough them up.
But it’s all guess work and we all have our own little ideas, the only one that matters is big NW.
Bluebird-in-Jackland

Postby Sven » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:19 am

Moff. wrote:If were promted this season how many of the current squad would you start in the prem and who would you add to the squad ?

Gk.(new signing - as good as etheridge has been this season I dont think hes premiership quality, would hope we would invest in this area and have etheridge as a quality back up)

Rb.fredericks (from what ive seen ive been impressed and would be available on a free)
Cb.morrison
Cb.bamba
Lb.bennett

Cdm - ralls
Cdm - grujic ( would like to see warnock try and sign him on loan for the season, think he would do well and continue to get better)

Rw.junior
Lw.(new signing adama traore - looks premiership quality, realistic signing depending on middlesborough going up or not)

Cam (new signining - would hope we would look to bring in a top quality playmaker who could chip in with goals)

St - kenny

Would any one like too see ryan sessegnon here ? I know he would be a big money transfer but what a signing for the future as hes quite young and already class

Way too early to start this stuff, I'm afraid! :roll:

Let's wait until it matters, eh? It's been a tough week or so and let's not tempt fate. some hard work remains before we even contemplate next season! ;)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby City Slicker » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:25 am

Ryan Woods
City Slicker

Postby 2blue2handle » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:31 am

Can't even think about it yet, it was only a couple of days ago some fans were saying how we have no chance in the play offs and talking about an easier Championship next season.

I do think we would need quite a few players although I think Warnock would stand by a lot of them. You look at the likes of Palace struggling with the likes of Townsend, Zaha, Benteke up front and you realise the struggle.
2blue2handle

Postby Jules » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:43 am

Sven, We the people need to dream. :ayatollah:

I'd go for Hennessey first and get shot of Camp.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 am

Sven wrote:
Moff. wrote:If were promted this season how many of the current squad would you start in the prem and who would you add to the squad ?

Cb.morrison
Cb.bamba
Lb.bennett

Cdm - ralls

Rw.junior

St - kenny

Way too early to start this stuff, I'm afraid! :roll:

Let's wait until it matters, eh? It's been a tough week or so and let's not tempt fate. some hard work remains before we even contemplate next season! ;)

Couldn’t agree more Chris. Let’s get there first.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby nojac » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Four games left, and they need to be taken one game at a time. We can have all summer to dream OR cry .
nojac

Postby bluebirdrob » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:25 pm

When we get to the Premier we need to sign players with experience of playing at that level , not like we did last time waste money on players hoping they would be good.
Mr Warnock and his coaching team will no doubt find the right players so just enjoy the time we are at the top level, we never had it so good, the best signing we have ever made was getting Mr Warnock here wish it was years ago. :bluebird: :bluebird:
bluebirdrob

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:37 pm

Brentford has some gems. Ryan Woods looks quality and I liked few others. Josh Murphy at Norwich and his brother at toon
boyo1927

Postby thomasblue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:28 am

I hope we go up and dont spend a lot money just hoping to do enough to stay up. Build a solid team of top championship players and go up the year after debt free and able to spend what is needed to progress both on the pitch and financially.

Forestieri from Sheff Wed would be my first choice. Quality player who can sit behind the striker and change games.
thomasblue

Postby bluemun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Much as I like him I don't think Bennett is up to the Premiership. We should revive our interest in Cunningham of Preston. There are plenty of talented players in the Championship who would make the step up. As someone on these boards suggested before, Woods of Brentford is one.
bluemun

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:02 pm

bluemun wrote:Much as I like him I don't think Bennett is up to the Premiership. We should revive our interest in Cunningham of Preston. There are plenty of talented players in the Championship who would make the step up. As someone on these boards suggested before, Woods of Brentford is one.

I do think he would make the step up however we need another left back no matter what division we are in.
2blue2handle

Postby DexterMorgan » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:29 pm

Bring Ramsey home on loan!
DexterMorgan

Postby Man of Harlech » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 pm

I agree with Sven - this is premature. Hell, if Fulham win on Friday and we don't win on Saturday then it will be all doom and gloom on here again.

What I would say is that Etheridge deserves a chance in the prem. I think that he is the player who has improved most during the season, turned the doubters who wrote him off, and could be a top keeper in the making.
Man of Harlech

Postby Dahboy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 pm

How old is CR? Would love him here :lol:
Dahboy

Postby bluemun » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:05 pm

True. By Friday it could be looking bad again.
With us, nothing is guaranteed.
bluemun

Return to General Chat