SNOWGATE.......VINCE ALMS'S KEPT BACK EVIDENCE?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby City in Cwmbran » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:52 am

Did I miss something over Snowgate?

Didn't Vince say something about having some explosing evidence he was keeping back until things were concluded?

Did he ever release that? Or nothing?
City in Cwmbran

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: SNOWGATE.......VINCE ALMS'S KEPT BACK EVIDENCE

Postby epping blue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:12 am

City in Cwmbran wrote:Did I miss something over Snowgate?

Didn't Vince say something about having some explosing evidence he was keeping back until things were concluded?

Don't recall that but someone, somewhere will have the damning evidence. There simply wasn't enough snow to justify the postponement and we haven't heard the last of this. The EFL came to a perverse decision on the photographic evidence and Derby could pay very heavily for that decision. Its now gone way beyond the failing to fulfil the fixture. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very significant points deduction if / when the cats finally out of the bag.
epping blue

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:29 am

Oh I know it was so blatantly obvious that the match could have gone ahead! The EFL and Derby county have made themselves look totally untrustworthy and hopefully karma will happen!
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Jules » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Done, dusted and firmly under the carpet lads. We will not hear of it again IMHO. FL made a mistake and quickly covered their arses so in turn letting Derby off the hook because if they relook at it then they (the FL) will be made to look foolish.

Kharma will be getting promotion there and also leaving them outside the play offs.
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:01 pm

Jules wrote:Done, dusted and firmly under the carpet lads. We will not hear of it again IMHO. FL made a mistake and quickly covered their arses so in turn letting Derby off the hook because if they relook at it then they (the FL) will be made to look foolish.

Kharma will be getting promotion there and also leaving them outside the play offs.

I agree officially nothing more will happen. Justice now would be 3 points and promotion at Pride Park :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Vince said he was going to keep this on the back burner until the season was over.

I have no idea what ammunition he has but he did say this is not over by a long chalk.
Bakedalasker

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 14, 2018 8:55 pm

Well done for all of your work on this Vince :thumbup:

Justice has been served - feck off Derby you cheating winkers :wave:
Bluebina

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Bluebina wrote:Well done for all of your work on this Vince :thumbup:

Hopefully Derby will have to sell all their players to meet FFP, unless they've found a way to cheat ?
Bluebina

Postby Wayne S » Mon May 14, 2018 9:12 pm

Bluebina wrote:

Hopefully Derby will have to sell all their players to meet FFP, unless they've found a way to cheat ?

Every season seems to be their last chance. They really have bottled it for the last 12 years.
Wayne S

Re: SNOWGATE.......VINCE ALMS'S KEPT BACK EVIDENCE?

Postby avondaleblue » Tue May 15, 2018 5:54 am

Derby make City under Dave Jones look like world beaters!
avondaleblue

Postby fred keenor » Tue May 15, 2018 6:11 am

What goes around comes around

:ayatollah:
fred keenor

Postby ccfcsince1962 » Tue May 15, 2018 12:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:

They might be OK with FFP but there is a chance that they could be non-compliant( see my caveat below).

They made a net loss of £7.9m in the year to 30 June 2017 , down from £14.7m the previous season. This is before "allowable costs" in calculating the FFP average of £13m a season of losses so they should be within the £39m total allowed when they adjust for those and add on the June 2018 loss figure.

Having said the above , they did benefit from some exceptional income in both 2016 and 2017. In 2016 they had a loan cancellation which reduced losses by £12m and in 2017 made a profit on sale of players of £16m (was virtually nothing in 2016). I don't know the club`s loan position well enough to comment on whether the loan forgiveness could have been repeated in 2018 , but they certainly didn`t make a big profit on player sales in the season just ended - they sold players on the books at £200k for a profit of around £2m , so £14m less reduction in losses from 2017 figures.

Between the end of June 2017 and the end of Feb 2018 (i.e. two transfer windows) , Derby added players at a cost of just over £12m.
ccfcsince1962

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Tue May 15, 2018 7:53 pm

ccfcsince1962 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

They might be OK with FFP but there is a chance that they could be non-compliant( see my caveat below).

They made a net loss of £7.9m in the year to 30 June 2017 , down from £14.7m the previous season. This is before "allowable costs" in calculating the FFP average of £13m a season of losses so they should be within the £39m total allowed when they adjust for those and add on the June 2018 loss figure.

Having said the above , they did benefit from some exceptional income in both 2016 and 2017. In 2016 they had a loan cancellation which reduced losses by £12m and in 2017 made a profit on sale of players of £16m (was virtually nothing in 2016). I don't know the club`s loan position well enough to comment on whether the loan forgiveness could have been repeated in 2018 , but they certainly didn`t make a big profit on player sales in the season just ended - they sold players on the books at £200k for a profit of around £2m , so £14m less reduction in losses from 2017 figures.

Between the end of June 2017 and the end of Feb 2018 (i.e. two transfer windows) , Derby added players at a cost of just over £12m.

Very interesting. Out of interest what is a 'loan cancellation' and could that happen at CCFC? Also what are 'allowable costs?'
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 8:56 pm

City in Cwmbran wrote:Did I miss something over Snowgate?

Nothing I'm sure... full of wind old Red Bird Vince.... too busy playing on the buses.
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Return to General Chat