CARDIFF more worthy of promotion than many of the top 6?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 pm

Of course Wolves were going up - look at the money spent with players that could probably play in the top half of the prem league! They have won promotion and more than likely the league with a healthy gap in points between them and the rest.

Then you have Villa and Derby etc who also should be going up? And could well do still.

Cardiff were bottom of the league last season u til Warnock came along. We've not spent too much at all and he's even cost cut where possible. Ok so we may not be going out blowing teams away but we certainly have a way of winning and it's definitely not through untoward tactics etc like some fans of other clubs think! Warnock has a wealth of experience but is a very talented manager too. He has literally dragged us up the league and that's not taking anything away from the other coaches and players. They have also reached their full potential too. Other clubs may wonder if we get promoted will it be the worst team to ever get promoted and that is clearly not he case! Warnock and coaches have very clever football brains. I doubt any other manager could have achieved what he has achieved so far with us given the circumstances. So on this basis I (not being bias) believe we are probably the team who are most worthy promotion winners whether via autos or play offs. If we had spent millions like wolves I'd expect us to go up but I was certainly not expecting us in 2nd at this point of the season. More like 9th!
Once a blue always a blue44

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: CARDIFF more worthy of promotion than many of the top 6?

Postby paulh_85 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:19 pm

we have spent millions.

the most worthy teams are the ones that end up going up really.
paulh_85

Postby Pidgeofcdf » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:38 pm

Money doesn’t always buy success, as we have learnt ourselves. Money can’t buy team spirit and togetherness. Derby villa and possibly Fulham have better players/squad than us imo.
Are we more worthy, at this moment yes, the table doesn’t lie as they say.
If we slip up twice and Fulham win all their games then fair play to them.
Pidgeofcdf

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:43 pm

Pidgeofcdf wrote:Money doesn’t always buy success, as we have learnt ourselves. Money can’t buy team spirit and togetherness. Derby villa and possibly Fulham have better players/squad than us imo.
Are we more worthy, at this moment yes, the table doesn’t lie as they say.
If we slip up twice and Fulham win all their games then fair play to them.

That's exactly what I meant - other teams have better players in but our players are playing at their best and even winning against these better players!
Once a blue always a blue44

Return to General Chat