Loic Damour

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Loic Damour

Postby Brezza » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:36 pm

What an underrated player. I feel so much more confident when he's in the squad. I'm no stato but I believe we very seldom lose when he is in the match day squad. Many will say there are better than him. However he is tough tackling, got a great engine and covers every blade of grass for the cause. When we beat Wolves at Molineux at the start of the season the midfield of Ralls, Gunner and Damour were brilliant. I would play these 3 against Forest. Gunner as protector, Ralls the link man and Damour supporting Zahore. When he tires Patterson can come on as presently I think Patterson is too shattered to play a full game. Marko should also be on the gender instead of Brayson.
I would also start with Madine and then bring on Zahore to run at a tiring defence
Thoughts anyone?
Brezza

Loic Damour

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Loic

Postby Dahboy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Brezza wrote:What an underrated player. I feel so much more confident when he's in the squad. I'm no stato but I believe we very seldom lose when he is in the match day squad. Many will say there are better than him. However he is tough tackling, got a great engine and covers every blade of grass for the cause. When we beat Wolves at Molineux at the start of the season the midfield of Ralls, Gunner and Damour were brilliant. I would play these 3 against Forest. Gunner as protector, Ralls the link man and Damour supporting Zahore. When he tires Patterson can come on as presently I think Patterson is too shattered to play a full game. Marko should also be on the gender instead of Brayson.
I would also start with Madine and then bring on Zahore to run at a tiring defence
Thoughts anyone?

I would start Demour Saturday over gunna :ayatollah:
Dahboy

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm

If Ralls is fit go with him Grujic and Damour
CF23 Bluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:22 pm

Damour deserves to be ahead of Grujic now, but gunners will start saturday
paulh_85

Postby Lawnmower » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:55 pm

He looked lost yesterday.
The game went on around him.

He's had good days.

Yesterday wasn't one. Patterson was far more effective
Lawnmower

Postby nubbsy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:31 pm

Good player and has shown potential to become a very rounded player but needs game time, if we go up I'd loan him out to a championship team and see how he gets on.

if all are fit for me our best midfield is - Grujic sitting, Ralls as the play maker and Patterson pushing forward.
nubbsy

Postby Llantwit Blue » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:27 am

Agree he (Loic) was great at Wolves earlier in the season, but for me he’s to inconsistent.

At Norwich on Saturday he was like a lost soul and no surprise he was hooked at halftime.

When it comes to picking the team I just want the best men/man for the job so who plays doesn’t worry me, but I was at Norwich Saturday where we were poor for 75 minutes or so but the only player trying to press from our team was Gunnarson.

I also work with two Norwich City season ticket holders who were at the game and both of them had nothing but praise for Gunnarson saying he was our standout player.

Funny old game I guess it’s all about opinions.

P.S For what it’s worth I don’t think we will see Ralls again this season, been told he’s out for the season.
Llantwit Blue

Postby Sloper Road » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:28 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Agree he (Loic) was great at Wolves earlier in the season, but for me he’s to inconsistent.

At Norwich on Saturday he was like a lost soul and no surprise he was hooked at halftime.

When it comes to picking the team I just want the best men/man for the job so who plays doesn’t worry me, but I was at Norwich Saturday where we were poor for 75 minutes or so but the only player trying to press from our team was Gunnarson.

I also work with two Norwich City season ticket holders who were at the game and both of them had nothing but praise for Gunnarson saying he was our standout player.

Funny old game I guess it’s all about opinions.

P.S For what it’s worth I don’t think we will see Ralls again this season, been told he’s out for the season.

Dont you have to play at least 8 games to judge that someone is inconsistent? What is consistent is that Warnock does not put him in the squad often enough for me. He should have made Gunners fight for his place as i can believe Loic would have played worse than him against Villa and Wolves. Gunners passing is the most inconsistent of all the city players and for a midfield player that,s a worry.
Sloper Road

Postby Llantwit Blue » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:25 am

He’s played more than 8 and I’ve seen them all.
Llantwit Blue

Re: Loic Damour

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:20 am

I like him, agree he can be a little inconsistent but has good energy and can be good on the ball. A good squad player, also think he should have had more game time.
2blue2handle

Re: Loic Damour

Postby City Slicker » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:03 pm

I would start him before Bryson every single time, however he does look like he's always playing with two yellows or a red in him. He's no shrinking violet.
City Slicker

Return to General Chat