Whats the point of scottish football ?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Moff. » Sun May 13, 2018 12:03 pm

So im sat here in work on this glorious day waiting for work to upload too the toughbook and im watching this celtic v aberdeen game on mt phone and i cant help but think whats the point in scottish football ?

Heres my arguement;

If you dont support celtic and rangers (well just celtic these days) then why would you pay money to go and watch such awful football, how could you be content with the spl ?

Celtic fans, celtic have run away with the league for the past 7 years, arent they bored of it now :lol: literally playing in a league only they could win, playing against league 2 quality players week in week out with a mid table/good championship starting 11. I dont get it :lol:

Why would any player want to sign for a scottish club, I can understand why you would sign for celtic, what truly ambitious player wouldnt want 2 maybe 3 champions league hidings every year and playing against top quality opposition like kilmarnock and stenhousmuir :thumbup: :lol:

I could go on and on but the question i really want answering is what is the point too the spl :lol:

Wouldnt scottish football benefit so much from celtic and rangers being invited into the english pyramid at some level and let the rest of the scottish clubs compete with eachother and keep the sky tv deal for exposure ?

How many years has it been since another scottish club won the league munn :lol:
Its hard being cool
Moff.

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Whats the point of scottish football ?

Postby PtB » Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Every top division is almost the same except on a slightly larger scale. The bigger well known, supported clubs will always triumph 99.9% of the time.

You pay money to watch your team, why would folk up here be any different to folk elsewhere in the UK who follow clubs who go forever with little or no success?

Every club in the world offers up awful football at some point. Some of the stuff under Slade & Trollope for example? It didn't stop me going, just made it less enjoyable.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

It's more than just football
PtB

Postby PtB » Sun May 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Watch Hibs v Rangers chief, far more entertaining!
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

PtB

Postby murphy » Sun May 13, 2018 1:28 pm

The Scottish league is better then the Welsh, Irish and probably many other leagues worldwide.

No, Celtic and rangers shouldn't be invited into the English leagues.
murphy

Postby PtB » Sun May 13, 2018 1:29 pm

Hibs 3-0 up, Rangers pull it back to lead 5-3 before Hibs make it 5-5 in stoppage time.

Aberdeen win at Celtic for first time in years to clinch second place.

A fantastic afternoon of entertainment up north!
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

PtB

Postby RV Casual » Sun May 13, 2018 2:47 pm

PtB wrote:Every top division is almost the same except on a slightly larger scale. The bigger well known, supported clubs will always triumph 99.9% of the time.

You pay money to watch your team, why would folk up here be any different to folk elsewhere in the UK who follow clubs who go forever with little or no success?

Every club in the world offers up awful football at some point. Some of the stuff under Slade & Trollope for example? It didn't stop me going, just made it less enjoyable.

Good post.

we are now in a Division we have zero chance of winning, some would say what's the point of that? how long before it gets boring just surviving every year? Tbh I'm amazed the teams outside of the top 6 maintain the crowds they do, I suppose it's because aside of Newcastle, Everton and West Ham most have relatively small grounds.

To put ito into context in 26 years only 2 teams outside of the current top 6 have won the League.

In the last 30 years only 3 teams outside the current top 6 have won the FA Cup.

And in the last 30 years only 5 teams have won the League Cup.

Ando it's only getting worse.
RV Casual

Postby Dahboy » Sun May 13, 2018 2:51 pm

I watched Kilmarnock v Dundee utd Saturday morning and it was terrible football. That's a championship game and I kid you not our league 2 is better.
Dahboy

Postby mr_nellio » Sun May 13, 2018 3:09 pm

Just back in from Hibs rangers. I've got a season ticket.

For me there was a gaping hole from when I had my city season ticket so went to hibs a few times. Had a season ticket 5 years.

Really enjoy it. This season hibs beat Celtic at home and played well against them away. Also beat rangers away twice and beat hearts at home.

Lost a few as well but always competitive and top 3 gets European football. Top 4 if a qualified team wins the cup.

I don't see you asking why folk bother watching the premier league when man city have totally dominated? You could say the same about German, French and even the Italian leagues with the same team winning it every season.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby mr_nellio » Sun May 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Dahboy wrote:I watched Kilmarnock v Dundee utd Saturday morning and it was terrible football. That's a championship game and I kid you not our league 2 is better.

Doubt it they're in different divisions!!!!

Assume you mean Livingston Dundee United??? That's a championship play off game??
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby mr_nellio » Sun May 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Oh and Rangers finished third so Aberdeen should be getting an invite into the English system as well?? Hibs only finished 3 points behind rangers in 4th too.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby City Slicker » Sun May 13, 2018 3:25 pm

I think it's about time Celtic and Rangers joined the Premier
City Slicker

Postby Escott1927 » Sun May 13, 2018 4:15 pm

City Slicker wrote:I think it's about time Celtic and Rangers joined the Premier

Premiership? Why should they go straight into the premiership when there are better teams trying to get promoted from the championship? If they were ever to join the English leagues-can’t ever see it mind- they should start from the bottom.

I think both would struggle to get out of the championship.
Escott1927

Postby llangainbluebird » Sun May 13, 2018 4:27 pm

The point of Scottish football is that it is Scotland's national game. The SFA is the second oldest in the world. Many great footballers have come from Scotland, and some very decent club sides. The national side have had their moments, too. All on a population of about five million. Very few countries have got a football culture as strong as Scotland. Certainly not Wales, which is full, of 'sports fans'.
llangainbluebird

Postby skiprat » Sun May 13, 2018 6:07 pm

Agree with all of the previous post .
skiprat

Postby Dahboy » Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 pm

mr_nellio wrote:
Dahboy wrote:I watched Kilmarnock v Dundee utd Saturday morning and it was terrible football. That's a championship game and I kid you not our league 2 is better.

Doubt it they're in different divisions!!!!

Assume you mean Livingston Dundee United??? That's a championship play off game??

Whatever.
Dahboy

Postby Dahboy » Sun May 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Escott1927 wrote:
City Slicker wrote:I think it's about time Celtic and Rangers joined the Premier

Premiership? Why should they go straight into the premiership when there are better teams trying to get promoted from the championship? If they were ever to join the English leagues-can’t ever see it mind- they should start from the bottom.

Stop saying premiership it bugs me.
Dahboy

Postby clemoza » Sun May 13, 2018 7:56 pm

You support your team, your town, your city regardless of the standard of play.

I thoroughly enjoy watching Barry Town Utd play even though the level of play is poor. It's about wanting your town to beat the other! Whether it's Cardiff v Man City or Barry vs Cefn Druids...... :ayatollah:
clemoza

Postby Escott1927 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:18 pm

Dahboy wrote:
Escott1927 wrote:

Stop saying premiership it bugs me.

Premiership.
Escott1927

Postby FloridaBluebird » Mon May 14, 2018 5:27 am

Paterson, McNaughton, Conway, Cowie, Marshall, McGregor, Alexander, Miller... I’d say we’ve done alright picking up players north of the wall.
FloridaBluebird

Postby llangainbluebird » Mon May 14, 2018 7:32 am

FloridaBluebird wrote:Paterson, McNaughton, Conway, Cowie, Marshall, McGregor, Alexander, Miller... I’d say we’ve done alright picking up players north of the wall.

Indeed! Not forgetting George Wood, (he's got no hair, but we don't care). Some decent managers, too; Jimmy Scoular, Frank Burrows, and Malky.
llangainbluebird

Postby PtB » Mon May 14, 2018 7:45 am

llangainbluebird wrote:
FloridaBluebird wrote:Paterson, McNaughton, Conway, Cowie, Marshall, McGregor, Alexander, Miller... I’d say we’ve done alright picking up players north of the wall.

Indeed! Not forgetting George Wood, (he's got no hair, but we don't care). Some decent managers, too; Jimmy Scoular, Frank Burrows, and Malky.

Can't have this proceed without a mention of Hughie Ferguson, one of three Scots who played in the 1927 Final.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

PtB

Postby mr_nellio » Wed May 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Rangers aren't the second best team in Scotland????? Aberdeen have finished 2nd for the last 2 years at least.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby PtB » Wed May 16, 2018 9:38 pm

mr_nellio wrote:

Rangers aren't the second best team in Scotland????? Aberdeen have finished 2nd for the last 2 years at least.

Four years in a row now.
PtB
CLYDEBANK BLUEBIRDS

PtB

Return to General Chat