The departures continue at Swansea

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 14, 2018 8:20 am

The departures continue at Swansea Ki Sung Yueng says his farewell to Swans fans.

One by one they are leaving
Attachments
DdJCJfWXcAAYhBE.jpg-large.jpeg
DdJCJfWXcAAYhBE.jpg-large.jpeg (400 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: The departures continue at Swansea

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 am

Tammy Abraham

@tammyabraham

I just want to thank @SwansOfficial , the staff, the players and the fans who have supported me the whole way,disappointing end to the season for us but wish the club all the best in the future
Attachments
DdGFrvXWsAAgCwa.jpg
DdGFrvXWsAAgCwa.jpg (35.96 KiB) Viewed 4429 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 am

Rob Phillips

@robphillipshere

The final humiliation for @SwansOfficial - relegation confirmed with a defeat at the hands of a side already down! Huge summer of change required on & off the pitch - total disconnect between club and fans needs to be healed ASAP! Not sure how that can happen. FT1-2

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon May 14, 2018 8:36 am

Forever Blue wrote:Rob Phillips

@robphillipshere

The final humiliation for @SwansOfficial - relegation confirmed with a defeat at the hands of a side already down! Huge summer of change required on & off the pitch - total disconnect between club and fans needs to be healed ASAP! Not sure how that can happen. FT1-2

Talking of glory hunters I bet Rob Phillips will be showing his face nearly every week @ CCS next season. :roll:
Tony Blue Williams

Postby Bluebina » Mon May 14, 2018 9:24 am

Two of the best players and the rest will follow, they will be left with the players on massive contracts that nobody would want !!!
Bluebina

Postby Steve Zodiak » Mon May 14, 2018 9:27 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

@robphillipshere

Talking of glory hunters I bet Rob Phillips will be showing his face nearly every week @ CCS next season. :roll:

Does he get a choice where he goes, or is he told? I don't know much about him, or which club he supports. I'm pretty certain he went to Pontypridd Grammar School, so not sure where his loyalties would lie. Seems to be a tidy enough chap though.
Steve Zodiak

Postby nojac » Mon May 14, 2018 9:35 am

I don't know how true this is (twitter) , Bony is on £100k A Ayew is on £90k and J Ayew is on £80k all have at least two years left on they're contracts ?
The only players worth selling are Mawson and Fabianski.
The rest must be all on £20/30k(premier league wages)
Doesn't bode well ,(on 14k crowds) if they can't shift most of them.
nojac

Postby Wayne S » Mon May 14, 2018 9:41 am

nojac wrote:I don't know how true this is (twitter) , Bony is on £100k A Ayew is on £90k and J Ayew is on £80k all have at least two years left on they're contracts ?

That first paragraph is bullshit.
Wayne S

Postby City Slicker » Mon May 14, 2018 9:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:The departures continue at Swansea Ki Sung Yueng says his farewell to Swans fans.

One by one they are leaving

I wonder if they would like Madine, Halford, Connolly and Fred off us?
City Slicker

Postby Wolfpac » Mon May 14, 2018 11:03 am

How the tides have turned, their fans the scum mocked us years ago and seems its come back to bite them on the backside.

Wolfpac

Postby RV Casual » Mon May 14, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm not sure why they let him run his contract out.

I know it happens but if a player isent signing then sell, at that level, at that age, with that profile.

I would always be sceptical how much effort players are putting in if they know they are off

No jacks on here a minute lol so can't get their perspective on it
RV Casual

Postby Lawnmower » Mon May 14, 2018 8:32 pm

Quite a few out of contract in the next 12 months too- including Fabianski, and a few of their decent younger players.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wale ... 434037.amp
Lawnmower

Postby cwmbachbluebird » Mon May 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Heartbroken :laughing6:
Eddie Mays Barmy Army
R.I.P Speedo...Wales forever.
cwmbachbluebird

Postby Lawnmower » Mon May 14, 2018 8:52 pm

Quite a few out of contract in the next 12 months too- including Fabianski, and a few of their decent younger players.

Lawnmower

Postby KBK-13 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:05 pm

I read they had the 7th highest wage bill last season, not sure how true that is
KBK-13

Postby Bluebina » Tue May 15, 2018 6:43 am

KBK-13 wrote:I read they had the 7th highest wage bill last season, not sure how true that is

I hope it's true, will add to the trouble :laughing6:
Bluebina

Postby paulh_85 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:57 am

KBK-13 wrote:I read they had the 7th highest wage bill last season, not sure how true that is

probably nonsense
paulh_85

Postby CHRIS PIKE » Tue May 15, 2018 7:33 am

@robphillipshere

Rob Phillips is a great journalist and reporter. He's not a Cardiff fan nor does he support the Jack's, he's a Chelsea fan and he also supports his local club Newport County. He's no way a glory hunter.Put it this way he's the best along with Blackey and Jason Perry on BBC Wales..
CHRIS PIKE

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue May 15, 2018 7:47 am

CHRIS PIKE wrote:

@robphillipshere

Rob Phillips is a great journalist and reporter. He's not a Cardiff fan nor does he support the Jack's, he's a Chelsea fan and he also supports his local club Newport County. He's no way a glory hunter.Put it this way he's the best along with Blackey and Jason Perry on BBC Wales..

Totally agree..amongst the dross employed by the bbc he is certainly one of the better commentators and journalists
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby oohahhPaulMillar » Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 am

Lawnmower wrote:Quite a few out of contract in the next 12 months too- including Fabianski, and a few of their decent younger players.

FairPlay they have a huge amount of overpaid under achievers in their squad
oohahhPaulMillar

Postby castleblue » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 am

nojac wrote:I don't know how true this is (twitter) , Bony is on £100k A Ayew is on £90k and J Ayew is on £80k all have at least two years left on they're contracts ?

I'm pretty sure Man City are paying a huge slice of the £100k+ weekly wage that Bony is paid, like the arrangement we had with Bellamy, really not sure about the salary for J Ayew as most sites list his wage at £25k, but the £90k for A Ayew looks right. I wonder if West Ham are paying any of that.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:
castleblue

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 am

castleblue wrote:

I'm pretty sure Man City are paying a huge slice of the £100k+ weekly wage that Bony is paid, like the arrangement we had with Bellamy, really not sure about the salary for J Ayew as most sites list his wage at £25k, but the £90k for A Ayew looks right. I wonder if West Ham are paying any of that.

I am not sure Man City or WHU will be paying any of those wages as they aren't loans - they were bought on permanent deals weren't they?
Bluebird For Life

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue May 15, 2018 11:05 am

castleblue wrote:

Neither player are loans.
WelshPatriot

Postby RV Casual » Tue May 15, 2018 12:55 pm

A Ayew and Bony have got to be on 50,000+ a week minimum you would think.

I suppose it Swansea nay have been clever and put clauses in their contracts to say if they went down their wages decrease by a % but on the flip side they would probably have to counter balance that with a relegation release clause.

On a side note, apparantly Joe Allen has a £25 million release clause in his contract only if a top 6 side comes in for him.

Given the current way the transfer market is he would be a good signing for any of them IMO.
RV Casual

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Just signed an under 23 from Liverpool that makes 5 since start last season! What's their plan? :o
pembroke allan

Postby Sven » Tue May 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

@robphillipshere

Does he get a choice where he goes, or is he told? I don't know much about him, or which club he supports. I'm pretty certain he went to Pontypridd Grammar School, so not sure where his loyalties would lie. Seems to be a tidy enough chap though.

Pontypridd Grammar is correct and Rob is a good journalist who supports Cardiff City where he can

Occasionally though, he has to write the negative stuff too. Ironically, it's his job! :thumbup:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby KBK-13 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:21 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

probably nonsense

I don’t think it’s right, Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Everton would all be higher I would have thought
KBK-13

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Wayne S wrote:

That first paragraph is bullshit.

Incorrect. Its partly true. Ayew come in on 100k a week first time around (wages then went to bony).

Ayew come in and caused unrest. Williams, sig etc on half the wages.
bluebird7291

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

@robphillipshere

great bloke
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Return to General Chat