Police are investigating/steward injured after Cardiff fans

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 15, 2018 12:13 pm

Police investigating after steward is tackled to the ground by fan during Cardiff City pitch invasion

ITV

Tuesday 15th May 2018

The steward was tackled to the ground following Cardiff City's final game of the season.

Police are investigating after a steward at Cardiff City's promotion winning game against Reading was tackled to the ground by a man running onto the pitch.

Thousands of fans invaded when the side secured their place in the Premier League.

In mobile phone footage captured from the stands, a man can be seen running into the direction of the steward and knocking him to the ground before running into the crowd.

The steward appears to hold his head whilst lying on the floor before other colleagues and supporters rush to help.

South Wales Police said no arrests have been made but are making enquiries to identify the person.

VIDEO
http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2018-05-1 ... -invasion/
Attachments
stream_img.jpg
stream_img.jpg (42.36 KiB) Viewed 5801 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Police are investigating/steward injured after Cardiff f

Postby Xcasual » Tue May 15, 2018 12:22 pm

I saw the lad being led out by stewards followed by the steward he ran into.
Xcasual

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Xcasual wrote:I saw the lad being led out by stewards followed by the steward he ran into.

Thats what I saw, so I thought they had him, they must of let him go?
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby CHRIS PIKE » Tue May 15, 2018 1:18 pm

There were pictures of the guy who knocked him over on Facebook.I thought the police had him ?
CHRIS PIKE

Postby RV Casual » Tue May 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Not saying this is the case but I suppose there is every chance he apologised on the day saud he got carried away and in the good nature of the moment everyone went on their merry way.

Fast forward a week and someone could be seeing ££££ signs, then again they could be genuinely hurt.
RV Casual

Postby Bluebina » Tue May 15, 2018 1:33 pm

It's unnecessary the steward was an old bloke by the look of it, and he was just trying to stop people running on the pitch because the game hadn't finished.

He could well be hurt he was just an old bloke !
Bluebina

Postby Mr Potato » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 pm

There was no provocation and absolutely no need for this bellend to run into a steward in the first place. Just a dick IMO, we are all quick to have a crack at stewards but this was out of order.
Mr Potato

Postby D.A.C. » Tue May 15, 2018 1:39 pm

RV Casual wrote:Not saying this is the case but I suppose there is every chance he apologised on the day saud he got carried away and in the good nature of the moment everyone went on their merry way.

Fast forward a week and someone could be seeing ££££ signs, then again they could be genuinely hurt.

Shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place as the game wasn't even finished. Then he deliberately tried to injure the steward who was just doing his job. Absoulte idiot of a man and should be banned. Imagine that was your father I'd think you'd want alot more than an apology.
D.A.C.

Postby Dahboy » Tue May 15, 2018 1:40 pm

What are they going to CHARGE him with its brittish bulldog's that's all.
Dahboy

Postby RV Casual » Tue May 15, 2018 1:59 pm

D.A.C. wrote:
RV Casual wrote:Not saying this is the case but I suppose there is every chance he apologised on the day saud he got carried away and in the good nature of the moment everyone went on their merry way.

Shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place as the game wasn't even finished. Then he deliberately tried to injure the steward who was just doing his job. Absoulte idiot of a man and should be banned. Imagine that was your father I'd think you'd want alot more than an apology.

Hold your horses a second mate.

I'm not condoning his actions in any way shape or form, it was an idiotic thing to do, and as you say he shouldn't have been on the pitch in the first place either.

All my post intended to state was a possible scenario as to why they could be looking for him now and don't know his name despite the fact they had him on the day, strange don't you think?

In answer to your question, my father is dead, but if he was still alive he probably would have forgiven the lad if he was genuinely sorry and no harm was done, on the flip side, if he was injured or a week later suffering from any form of discomfort from the incident he would probably have been tamping, as would I.

:thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue May 15, 2018 2:08 pm

Most City fans, and I guess forum members are decent people. I suppose in a crowd of over 30k, it is inevitable that you will get the odd dickhead. As others have said, completely uncalled for, and we know what can happen when someone is caught unaware and ends up hitting the floor with their head. I doubt if people would find it funny if that steward was their family member. Hopefully he was not hurt, and if that is the case I should think an apology would be enough to put this to bed.
Steve Zodiak

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 15, 2018 3:44 pm

What an idiot.

Should have known he’d be caught on camera as well on that day. There would have been the normal cameras, fans taking videos and the Sky cameras would have still been recording.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby BobbyBlue » Tue May 15, 2018 4:21 pm

Funny I thought funnier if it was my old man I rip the shot into him, get ran into big deal as long as no one was hurt that’s the main thing ewsh
BobbyBlue

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:Most City fans, and I guess forum members are decent people. I suppose in a crowd of over 30k, it is inevitable that you will get the odd dickhead. As others have said, completely uncalled for, and we know what can happen when someone is caught unaware and ends up hitting the floor with their head. I doubt if people would find it funny if that steward was their family member. Hopefully he was not hurt, and if that is the case I should think an apology would be enough to put this to bed.

You would think a sencere apology would survice but knowing police attitude to football fans they will use every resource possible to find him no matter what the cost is :o
pembroke allan

Postby boyo1927 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:55 pm

I had the perfect view of this at the time.There was no need whatsoever surprised he wasn't charged with something as he got led away with most city fans making feelings known to him. Assault end of....
boyo1927

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 15, 2018 7:33 pm

boyo1927 wrote:I had the perfect view of this at the time.There was no need whatsoever surprised he wasn't charged with something as he got led away with most city fans making feelings known to him. Assault end of....

May been wrong but ask the question he was stopped held by stewards/police then let go! Why wasn't he arrested ect ect, now guy was wrong but it starting to smack of compo as now claiming injured in incident? Just the synic in me. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby boyo1927 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:48 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:I had the perfect view of this at the time.There was no need whatsoever surprised he wasn't charged with something as he got led away with most city fans making feelings known to him. Assault end of....

May been wrong but ask the question he was stopped held by stewards/police then let go! Why wasn't he arrested ect ect, now guy was wrong but it starting to smack of compo as now claiming injured in incident? Just the synic in me. :old:

The steward was clearly elderly and the fans ran on the pitch like idiots b4 the whistle. It looked a heavy fall for a older person at the time and video backs it up. They took him away and I am amazed at the incompetence of our stewards not to take his details... No time for idiots like this attacking our own!
boyo1927

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:35 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The steward was clearly elderly and the fans ran on the pitch like idiots b4 the whistle. It looked a heavy fall for a older person at the time and video backs it up. They took him away and I am amazed at the incompetence of our stewards not to take his details... No time for idiots like this attacking our own!

Presumably they put it down to exuberance like all others who prematurely ran on pitch thats why let him go so why make issue of it over a week later? Not condoning him just odd that it's only now being investigated. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 8:47 pm

Should be 10 points deduction.
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Postby boyo1927 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:51 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Presumably they put it down to exuberance like all others who prematurely ran on pitch thats why let him go so why make issue of it over a week later? Not condoning him just odd that it's only now being investigated. :old:

As they caught him I assumed they had dealt or were dealing with with it. If they haven't then it's right they do irrespective...
boyo1927

Postby pembroke allan » Tue May 15, 2018 8:56 pm

boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

As they caught him I assumed they had dealt or were dealing with with it. If they haven't then it's right they do irrespective...

But why what's changed in a week? Nothings happened to cause it to be investigated now? Like said compo springs to mind but to do that need crime number just saying. :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Alan_in_China » Wed May 16, 2018 12:56 am

pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

But why what's changed in a week? Nothings happened to cause it to be investigated now? Like said compo springs to mind but to do that need crime number just saying. :old:

Why do you have a problem with someone seeking retrospective compensation for an assault (it certainly wasn't "exuberance")?
The stewards colleagues demonstrated incompetence at the time, the thug should have been detained, evidence gathered and handed to the police - that clearly didn't happen. ... therefore retrospective claims for compensation are legit.
Alan_in_China

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 16, 2018 6:41 am

pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Late concussion can occur hours or even days after a bang to the head this steward might have brushed it off on the day saying he was fine only to suffer the symptoms days after.

I've seen plenty of rugby players take a knock and pass out later on in the evening.
WelshPatriot

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 16, 2018 7:42 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Late concussion can occur hours or even days after a bang to the head this steward might have brushed it off on the day saying he was fine only to suffer the symptoms days after.

I've seen plenty of rugby players take a knock and pass out later on in the evening.

That 's very true! just put it down fact that nobody checked who fan was just am oversight now being put right. :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby nubbsy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:39 am

pembroke allan wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

That 's very true! just put it down fact that nobody checked who fan was just am oversight now being put right. :thumbup:

His family were posting on fb the day after the incident looking for information so all this leaving it two weeks for compo talk is nonsense.

maybe the police decided to review the footage and carry it out independently before needing to ask the public for help.

Either way, who cares, he was assaulted and can carry on with it however he wants and should do so without bullshit rumours starting via this forum about compo etc
nubbsy

Postby boyo1927 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 pm

nubbsy wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

His family were posting on fb the day after the incident looking for information so all this leaving it two weeks for compo talk is nonsense.

maybe the police decided to review the footage and carry it out independently before needing to ask the public for help.

Either way, who cares, he was assaulted and can carry on with it however he wants and should do so without bullshit rumours starting via this forum about compo etc

Spot on
boyo1927

Postby glas » Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think rugby players passing out, later on in the evening, could have had something to do with alcoholic beverages. ;) :occasion5:
If he did suffer head injuries they could show later on, usually within a 24 hour period. That is why people are kept in hospital overnight after concussion type incidents
glas

Postby glas » Wed May 16, 2018 3:10 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

I think rugby players passing out, later on in the evening, could have had something to do with alcoholic beverages. ;) :occasion5:
If he did suffer head injuries they could show later on, usually within a 24 hour period. That is why people are kept in hospital overnight after concussion type incidents
glas

Postby Sven » Wed May 16, 2018 11:00 pm

Daya wrote:Should be 10 points deduction.

Says a Happy Hammer whose club are an authority on such things...and how to avoid them! ;)

And to think you mock our manager's Premier League record yet it was YOUR club and the Carlos Tevez affair that dealt thim his biggest blow! :oops:

I don't mind the banter but it can work both ways! ;) :ayatollah:

As for the guy who knocked over the steward?

People should simply ask what if he was their relative and what if the unexpected impact had caused serious harm?

Not even a doubt he should be identified and banned from the stadium (but not charged, as thankfully the steward was okay afterwards)
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat