WARNOCK WHEN DO YOU SAY GOODBYE NEIL?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 9:28 pm

We all know deep down he hasn't ant premiership quality and will be out of his total depth ( again) and his hit long tactics won't work in the big boys league ... well maybe against those softies from tottingham.

Anyway how long will you give him until " Warnock out" etc to try and stay with the big boys.... or would you give him a full season in the hope when he gets back to his level in the Championship he can have another go?

I think Tan will stick with him and you go back down due to the fact of not sacking him and getting a decent premiership quality Manager.

His Wimbledon tactics won't work thats for sure. Those days are gone.
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: WARNOCK WHEN DO YOU SAY GOODBYE NEIL?

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Big Sam has made a career out of it.

Tan has to make the decision imo

Sack Warnock and bring in a new proven manager and back him considerable. Costly.
Or
Keep warnock and invest quietly and invest in players who can try to keep us up. Easy choice.

I will say a few red flags are the played who warnock signed for money ie tomlin and Medine. And my other concern 3as the odd way we set up against man City and wolves almost man for man hoping for a set peice.
2blue2handle

Postby nubbsy » Tue May 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Judging by the state of your club/fans we'll enjoy more than you lot whatever happens, soft lad!
nubbsy

Postby 65Blue » Tue May 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Dont bite just ignore him
65Blue

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Big Sam has made a career out of it.

Sack Warnock and bring in a new proven manager and back him considerable. Costly.
Or
Keep warnock and invest quietly and invest in players who can try to keep us up. Easy choice.

I will say a few red flags are the played who warnock signed for money ie tomlin and Medine. And my other concern 3as the odd way we set up against man City and wolves almost man for man hoping for a set peice.

Big Sam does it cleverer and better, hence why he doesn't get relegated from the Prem, whilst Warnock never survives in the big league ... apples and pears ( excuse the pun)

It's a long season, fans can get fickle ( especially Cardiff ) and owners can get the jitters about relegation.

Be interesting to watch thats for sure
Daya

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue May 15, 2018 9:44 pm

Daya ly wind up merchant, don't bite, it feeds his saddo ego. :old:
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 9:46 pm

nubbsy wrote:Judging by the state of your club/fans we'll enjoy more than you lot whatever happens, soft lad!

wasn't the question... thick lad... pay attention!
Daya

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 9:47 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:Daya ly wind up merchant, don't bite, it feeds his saddo ego. :old:

your not contributing to the debate then? :lol:
Daya

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue May 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:Daya ly wind up merchant, don't bite, it feeds his saddo ego. :old:

Don't debate with trolls.....looking for bites. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 9:59 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

well. f**k off out the conversation then you f*cking troll and also us to discuss!
Daya

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Tue May 15, 2018 10:02 pm

Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

well. f**k off out the conversation then you f*cking troll and also us to discuss!

Nah, Cardiff site. Don't do what trolls tell me to do either.

Noting to discuss, just you phishing for bites as usual. Most on here know you by now anyway....lol :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
GENERAL CHAT

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 10:09 pm

GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

Noting to discuss, just you phishing for bites as usual. Most on here know you by now anyway....lol :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

So when will you start calling for Warnocks head or will you give him the season?
Daya

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

So when will you start calling for Warnocks head or will you give him the season?

I think Daya makes a great point, football is so fickle, look no further than Leicester winning the PL and then by Christmas wanting their manager sacked.

I'd gladly let Warnock take us down but at least give him a shot at the Premier League as he took us up with a team that simply was not the second best in the Championship, he has massively over achieved and people should not be quick to forget that.

He has his shortcomings which will be exposed much more in the Premier League, but how long before our fans turn on him which would be a very sad day for this club if it happens. I think everyone should back him for the entire season regardless what happens, he's given us the greatest day in my time supporting Cardiff and is already a club legend

It's not going to be pretty next year but people just need to back us until the end
Bellamys barmy army

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 10:25 pm

Bellamys barmy army wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

I think Daya makes a great point, football is so fickle, look no further than Leicester winning the PL and then by Christmas wanting their manager sacked.

I'd gladly let Warnock take us down but at least give him a shot at the Premier League as he took us up with a team that simply was not the second best in the Championship, he has massively over achieved and people should not be quick to forget that.

He has his shortcomings which will be exposed much more in the Premier League, but how long before our fans turn on him which would be a very sad day for this club if it happens. I think everyone should back him for the entire season regardless what happens, he's given us the greatest day in my time supporting Cardiff and is already a club legend

It's not going to be pretty next year but people just need to back us until the end

I admire your loyalty.

My thoughts are Tan will back him for the full season. Same time I see fans calling for his head too. ( probably the lot who just bought a premiership season ticket)
Daya

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Tue May 15, 2018 11:04 pm

Daya wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

I admire your loyalty.

My thoughts are Tan will back him for the full season. Same time I see fans calling for his head too. ( probably the lot who just bought a premiership season ticket)

I honestly believe if it all goes to shit and we do head straight back down the only person able to take that team straight back up is already in charge, give him a go, if he fails let him decide if he wants another crack at the championship and let it be his swansong
Bellamys barmy army

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 11:19 pm

Daya wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

I admire your loyalty.

I honestly believe if it all goes to shit and we do head straight back down the only person able to take that team straight back up is already in charge, give him a go, if he fails let him decide if he wants another crack at the championship and let it be his swansong

Fair comment that and one I agree with. He got you there, let him have his shot. Although I would say if/when he fails he won't want another go.

Personally if I was the Club owner I would be paying him up and sending him on a nice holiday and ensuring the services of Big Sam......but thats owners choices I guess! lol

have a great evening fella and thanks for the chat and debate. :thumbright:
Daya

Postby Vincent Man » Wed May 16, 2018 6:46 am

Give him the whole season. Win togethor . Lose togethor. Most importantly.stick togethor. If we go down . I would still support Warnock. In fact a standing ovation. This is like a free shot at the premier league. The money we spent last year we shouldnt be anywhere near the big boys league . I dont want to see us spend big money . Invest wisely tho
Vincent Man

Postby eddiep » Wed May 16, 2018 7:54 am

We need all the luck we
Can nuster to stay up.
Most sensible fans know it.

The most important next seaon is
The fans, we need to back NW and the team.
Every game

Gonna be a hard flight to stay up

We all need to step up
Not just NW
you reap what you sow
eddiep

Postby Stants Step over » Wed May 16, 2018 8:16 am

Daya, good post

But, I hated Malkyball, and after every game went home in that promotion season (in red) and my wife would ask "did you win ?" I'd (normally) reply "yeah, but it was shit"

Even shit football with a broken club in red the fans were loyal to Malky with the writing on the wall.

As long as he doesn't go mad in the transfer market and cause us medium to long term issues like Ole did, the fans will stick with him, even if we have 10 points at Christmas.

I think most of those who were there this season understand we massively over achieved and in all honesty will be fav's for the drop, but stranger things have happened.

It could be worse. We could have sold our heritage to property developers, rented an athletic stadium and have the whole fan base against the ownership. Only one relegation from meltdown :ayatollah:
Stants Step over

Postby Bluebina » Wed May 16, 2018 8:17 am

Daya wrote:We all know deep down he hasn't ant premiership quality and will be out of his total depth ( again) and his hit long tactics won't work in the big boys league ... well maybe against those softies from tottingham.

Anyway how long will you give him until " Warnock out" etc to try and stay with the big boys.... or would you give him a full season in the hope when he gets back to his level in the Championship he can have another go?

I think Tan will stick with him and you go back down due to the fact of not sacking him and getting a decent premiership quality Manager.

The three teams that went down sacked their Managers, I know there can be successes like Palace but its a risk, and fails more than it works, usually unless it's Pullis or big fat Sam coming in.

We would have stayed up with Malky, but Ole was a fecking waste of space and put us back ten years !!!

Luckily we got Warnock and he brought us forward another five years in 18 months so we stick by him, and if we go down we trust him to bring us back up.

I think he has a good chance of keeping us up, but most fans are more realistic this time around and realise it will be hard, and won't be as disappointed if we don't make it !!!
Bluebina

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 16, 2018 8:29 am

Daya wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Big Sam has made a career out of it.

Or

Big Sam does it cleverer and better, hence why he doesn't get relegated from the Prem, whilst Warnock never survives in the big league ... apples and pears ( excuse the pun)

It's a long season, fans can get fickle ( especially Cardiff ) and owners can get the jitters about relegation.

Be interesting to watch thats for sure

Big Sam has only avoided premiership relegation on his CV because he's been sacked before it happened not because he's some super manager, he's even got league 2 relegation on his CV.
WelshPatriot

Postby BlueVanman » Wed May 16, 2018 9:12 am

I would like to think that the majority of fans who have enjoyed the ride this far with Warnock will stick by him whatever happens, he deserves it.

I think it will be the 10/15k of new Premier League recruits that will start calling for his head if things dont work out.
BlueVanman

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:25 am

Daya wrote:
Daya wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:
GENERAL CHAT wrote:
Daya wrote:

I admire your loyalty.

Fair comment that and one I agree with. He got you there, let him have his shot. Although I would say if/when he fails he won't want another go.

Personally if I was the Club owner I would be paying him up and sending him on a nice holiday and ensuring the services of Big Sam......but thats owners choices I guess! lol

have a great evening fella and thanks for the chat and debate. :thumbright:

to be honest i have to agree with this, now that Sam has been released from Everton.

im not a fan of some of the noises from Warnock about premier league football if im honest, but cant deny either that he deserves the chance.

Theres no room for blind loyalty in football, the chairmans job is to try to move the club forward and he needs to make the right choices to make that happen.
paulh_85

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am

For me, it all depends on the ambition shown by the board.

If we don't heavily invest in the squad and are in the bottom 3 and and getting bashed every week then of course there will be calls for the managers head from some fans.

Huddersfield and Brighton both spent £40 Million in the summer so for me you have to match that to have any chance.

Newcastle only spend a net of £23 Million but their squad was already decent.

If Warnock is given money to spend and we are 10 points adrift at the new year then for me he goes, but if he isn't given the money then what is the point of getting rid of him?

That is when the frustration kicks in for most fans I would imagine, yes we have to be sensible but if we don't have a proper go at it, then its pointless, we don't want to be a yoyo Club, fans will get sick of it.
RV Casual

Postby piledriver64 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:24 am

Daya wrote:We all know deep down he hasn't ant premiership quality and will be out of his total depth ( again) and his hit long tactics won't work in the big boys league ... well maybe against those softies from tottingham.

The fact that you describe his system as "hit long" and "Wimbledon" would seem to confirm you haven't watched Cardiff much this season.

Our style of play can be described as "direct" and, once in the opposition third we do hit the box quickly but that is not "hit long". Our defenders defend.

Until the final run in we were actually playing football at home that was as exciting as I have seen for ages. We played with two, out and out, wingers and a quick centre forward. A poor man's Liverpool tactics really with the difference that our defence was strong but midfield lacking, the opposite to Liverpool.

We had full backs in Bennett and Richards who are as good on the ball as many of the so-called "cultured" players of Fulham, Villa, etc. Peltier did a great job when the going got tough, and will still have a big role, but Richards may well have been first choice if fit.

Admittedly we did lack control in midfield but in the few games Grujic and Ralls were able to play together before Ralls' injury we looked really good.

Away from home and in the latter stages of the season results were everything and we just had to use whatever tactics were required to get a win. But even then the 3-1 win away to Brentford, who were an "attractive" footballing side, showed we could play a bit too.

Your overall point about us not being able to continue playing as we have done is correct.

We need to hang on to the ball more but I don't think we need a complete overhaul. We still have to get the ball in the box, especially against the bigger teams, at the earliest opportunity otherwise we'll find ourselves in the same place as the Jacks with plenty of possession but only 28 goals in the whole season.

Don't believe what you read in the press or from other managers about our style. It ain't so basic as they make out and "long ball" it certainly is not. Played with better quality players and more control in midfield and we could surprise a few people as Warnock has suggested.
piledriver64

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:31 am

To be honest I can't believe this is even a thought at the moment by our fans or any other club fans! Warnock has just got us promoted with odd stacked up against him and Infact against pretty much all the odds - I remember reading that we were predicted to come in the bottom half of the table at the start of the season. He hasn't spend an awful lot of money in doing so either. He's just made some changes here and there tweeked certain positions on the pitch and bought the best out of player we had too. Like someone else posted I would quite happily keep Warnock for the season what ever happens because without him I very much doubt no other manger u der the same conditions would have got us up. There's no way! Ok so it is important that we stay up but if we go down we go down with Warnock! End of!
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 16, 2018 11:25 am

I think anyone with any sense knows that we are going to struggle next season, and our success will be judged by how many teams finish below us rather than how many finish above us. West Ham will probably be in a similar position. After all, they were 58 points adrift of the top side, and just 11 points above the bottom placed team.
Steve Zodiak

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 12:52 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:To be honest I can't believe this is even a thought at the moment by our fans or any other club fans! Warnock has just got us promoted with odd stacked up against him and Infact against pretty much all the odds - I remember reading that we were predicted to come in the bottom half of the table at the start of the season. He hasn't spend an awful lot of money in doing so either. He's just made some changes here and there tweeked certain positions on the pitch and bought the best out of player we had too. Like someone else posted I would quite happily keep Warnock for the season what ever happens because without him I very much doubt no other manger u der the same conditions would have got us up. There's no way! Ok so it is important that we stay up but if we go down we go down with Warnock! End of!

Of course its a thought, everybody is contemplating how next season could play out, that's the nature of the beast and Warnocks record at this level is sketchy to say the least.

Everyone is over the moon with Warnock and he is now a Cardiff City legend, but that does not detract from the fact we need to look at the future and there is no room for blind loyalty if things are going wrong.

As Steve said below, anyone with sense knows we are going to struggle next season, it's just a case of how badly.

If you look at the net spend of every Premier League Club from the summer and January transfer window 2017/18 it does not lie.

Only 5 teams made a net profit, one was relegated (Swansea), one finished 4th from bottom (Southampton), one finished 13th (West Ham) and the other had their worst season in 23 years (Arsenal).

This just proves that if you continue to sell your best players (Southampton and Swansea) and fail to replace them eventually you are going to come unstuck. Burnley are the exception thanks to the sales of Keane and Gray.

Brighton had the 5th highest net spend £53.7 million and Huddersfield 8th on £43.5 million.

As I said above, for me, the future of Warnock lies in how ambitious the board are willing to be and how well Warnock spends it, put it this way if he does have £40 million to spend, he needs to spend it a bit better than the £6.12 million we have now paid to Bolton for Gary Madine.

For me, in my opinion, if Warnock is not backed then he is blameless and sacking him would be futile, however, if he is backed and spends £40 Million+ in the summer and we are in an awful position then he gets sacked, same as anyone else.

When I say awful by the way I don't mean, happen to be in the bottom 3, this is exactly where I expect to be, but within touch and fighting, however, 15 points adrift at Christmas, playing awful Football then he's a goner.

It's down to ambition now, ultimately, Tan.
RV Casual

Postby Bakedalasker » Wed May 16, 2018 1:10 pm

I'm absolutely delighted Warnock took us up. Before arriving he is the only manager that has given us any credit as a football club. So for him to get us to the Premier was perfect. Adding to that he did it with a budget that made it against all odds making promotion. Without doubt he deserves the chance and I'm hoping he is given the support to prove himself.

Saying all that though football is a ruthless business and if the club is serious about remaining in the premier then when things start to become difficult unpopular decisions will be made. Everyone here wants Warnock to succeed but most of us know its going ot be a difficult season to survive. I will not be surprised if Warnock leaves but I'm hoping it does not come to that.
Bakedalasker

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 pm

It will be a cautious transfer window. I honestly can't see how we can stay up with Warnock. Just being honest about it. It's a bloody hard league
ThomasC

Next

Return to General Chat