Quality Over Quantity

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Quality Over Quantity

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:44 am

With the transfer window about to open and the rumours starting to gather pace I hope that Neil Warnock & the club decide to go for quality rather than quantity.

I know 6 new players was quoted but I just hope that the players brought in improve the squad and are not just brought it to fill certain positions. Would rather if we just brought in 3/4 quality players who have Premier League experience. Spend a bit more to get quality rather than bringing in extra ‘average’ players. :ayatollah:
bridgendbluebird30

Quality Over Quantity

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Quality Over Quantity

Postby Steve Zodiak » Tue May 15, 2018 9:32 am

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:With the transfer window about to open and the rumours starting to gather pace I hope that Neil Warnock & the club decide to go for quality rather than quantity.

I know 6 new players was quoted but I just hope that the players brought in improve the squad and are not just brought it to fill certain positions. Would rather if we just brought in 3/4 quality players who have Premier League experience. Spend a bit more to get quality rather than bringing in extra ‘average’ players. :ayatollah:

I think it will be good if Warnock listens to the recommendations made on this forum. We will have a squad of around a thousand or so players, so we should be able to get eleven or twelve decent ones on the pitch. I guess success next season will be to have three teams lower than us in the league. Hopefully, Warnock should be able to achieve that considering what he has done for us so far.
Steve Zodiak

Postby T1JMO » Tue May 15, 2018 10:10 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:With the transfer window about to open and the rumours starting to gather pace I hope that Neil Warnock & the club decide to go for quality rather than quantity.

I think it will be good if Warnock listens to the recommendations made on this forum. We will have a squad of around a thousand or so players, so we should be able to get eleven or twelve decent ones on the pitch. I guess success next season will be to have three teams lower than us in the league. Hopefully, Warnock should be able to achieve that considering what he has done for us so far.

Hope he doesn't listen to anyone on here, there's a lot of idiots who post and Warnock already knows exactly what he is doing. I'll happily let Warnock sign whoever he sees fit - in Warnock we trust :bluebird:
T1JMO

Postby MoodyBluebird » Tue May 15, 2018 6:22 pm

T1JMO wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

Hope he doesn't listen to anyone on here, there's a lot of idiots who post and Warnock already knows exactly what he is doing. I'll happily let Warnock sign whoever he sees fit - in Warnock we trust :bluebird:

Ummm, I think Mr Zodiac was being ironic and not advocating Neil bases his team strengthening on the whims of the many on here.
MoodyBluebird

Postby bluebird7291 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:21 pm

No one expected us to go up.
Now we are questioning the judgement of the man who achieved something which no one saw.

Let him get on with it. And enjoy the ride i say.
bluebird7291

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 15, 2018 9:28 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:No one expected us to go up.
Now we are questioning the judgement of the man who achieved something which no one saw.

I agree not to judge him to soon but fans have the right to comment. Warnocks signs for money haven't been great and his prem record isn't great.
2blue2handle

Postby Daya » Tue May 15, 2018 9:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird7291 wrote:No one expected us to go up.

I agree not to judge him to soon but fans have the right to comment. Warnocks signs for money haven't been great and his prem record isn't great.

isn't great is an understatement... he's admitted himself he doesn't like the premiership because quite clearly its above his level.

I think the hierarchy of yours should have paid him up nicely with a big than you and gone forward to try and progress. loyalty on this one will be your downfall and back down quicker than the Swans.
Chuckles is a newbie fan who jumped on the glory bandwagon
Daya

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Tue May 15, 2018 10:09 pm

I disagree slightly Daya,

I agree his record hasn't been great but I think the team spirit he's got going on here with a few decent additions will see us put up more of a fight this time around than our last time in the Premier League

I think we'll survive and only just, I think it will be Warnocks last season with us as well regardless what happens
Bellamys barmy army

Postby BlueMagic » Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 pm

If we dont add a handful of quality players we will struggle and go down imo. Massive achievement to go up with these players but too many not good enough for the much harder test of the prem, recruitment is key to us surviving
BlueMagic

Postby Bellamys barmy army » Tue May 15, 2018 11:05 pm

BlueMagic wrote:If we dont add a handful of quality players we will struggle and go down imo. Massive achievement to go up with these players but too many not good enough for the much harder test of the prem, recruitment is key to us surviving

Spot on, the problem with over achieving in the Championship means there is a big gulf in class between the teams already up, there are a lot of players heading out the door, do we have the money and the ability to attract the players needed to stay up, it really remains to be seen
Bellamys barmy army

Postby Gringo22 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:40 pm

I wouldn't want to overhaul the squad as that would affect the dressing room. Think some players will do good in Premier league as its a different ball game. But would like to add to what we already got rather than break up what brought us up.
Gringo22

Postby BlueMagic » Wed May 16, 2018 8:00 am

Gringo22 wrote:I wouldn't want to overhaul the squad as that would affect the dressing room. Think some players will do good in Premier league as its a different ball game. But would like to add to what we already got rather than break up what brought us up.

I see the point about not ruining team spirit and upsetting the dressing room, but huddersfield had quite a large overhaul because their championship team overachieved in the championship and werent good enough for the premiership, if they kept most of their championship team theyd have got relegated id say, i see our situation similar. We need to replace 5 or even 6 of the first 11 to stay up imo, and the 5/6 players losing out then would act as good squad players
BlueMagic

Postby City Slicker » Wed May 16, 2018 10:48 am

BlueMagic wrote:
Gringo22 wrote:I wouldn't want to overhaul the squad as that would affect the dressing room. Think some players will do good in Premier league as its a different ball game. But would like to add to what we already got rather than break up what brought us up.

I see the point about not ruining team spirit and upsetting the dressing room, but huddersfield had quite a large overhaul because their championship team overachieved in the championship and werent good enough for the premiership, if they kept most of their championship team theyd have got relegated id say, i see our situation similar. We need to replace 5 or even 6 of the first 11 to stay up imo, and the 5/6 players losing out then would act as good squad players

I totally agree. Yes it would be good to keep the nucleus of this season's team for team spirit but I hope the club, including Tan, has learned from the mistake Malky made last time. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear and therefore players which are not Premier quality should be released. I think 5-6 replacements will be realistic.
City Slicker

Postby Steve Zodiak » Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 am

I'm just glad I have the opportunity to see them in the top flight after 50 years of supporting them. One season is better than nothing, and to be honest I never expected to see them at this level in my lifetime. Missed it the last time due to all that red nonsense. Going to enjoy this season whatever the outcome. I just hope I enjoy it as much as the Championship, which I think is a good competitive league where the teams are more evenly matched than they are in the PL.
Steve Zodiak

Postby City Slicker » Thu May 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:I'm just glad I have the opportunity to see them in the top flight after 50 years of supporting them. One season is better than nothing, and to be honest I never expected to see them at this level in my lifetime. Missed it the last time due to all that red nonsense. Going to enjoy this season whatever the outcome. I just hope I enjoy it as much as the Championship, which I think is a good competitive league where the teams are more evenly matched than they are in the PL.

Steve, I'm sure you'll enjoy it enormously and I hope you do. Just remember to keep that glass half full fella :thumbup:
City Slicker

Return to General Chat