Fabianski settled in Wales but wants to leave jacks

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby WelshPatriot » Wed May 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Lukasz Fabianski: Swansea goalkeeper wants to leave after club's relegation
By Dafydd Pritchard

BBC Sport Wales

Wednesday 16th May 2018

Lukasz Fabianski was named supporters' player of the year as Swansea were relegated from the Premier League
Goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski has told Swansea City he wants to leave this summer following the club's relegation from the Premier League.

The 33-year-old was named supporters' player of the year after a string of impressive displays in 2017-18.

He is settled in south Wales and has a year left on his Swans contract.

But sources close to the Poland international, who joined from Arsenal in 2014, say he wants a transfer to continue at the "highest level".

Swansea have been bracing themselves for offers for their leading players since their relegation to the Championship was confirmed after Sunday's home defeat against Stoke.
WelshPatriot

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Fabianski settled in Wales but wants to leave jacks

Postby 65Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 12:04 pm

Excellent keeper but I would like to stick with Etheridge as our no.1
65Blue

Postby Bluebina » Wed May 16, 2018 12:17 pm

65Blue wrote:Excellent keeper but I would like to stick with Etheridge as our no.1

I think I am on my own with this view but I would take him if the price wasn't too over the top, I know Etheridge is not one of the weaker players, but his position along with Striker and top Centre Midfield to compliment Ralls are the key positions, and where we should spend the majority of the money to strengthen the spine.

I could never see it happening though anyway as they wouldn't want to sell to us, Huw would be even more unpopular !!!
Bluebina

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 pm

Bluebina wrote:
65Blue wrote:Excellent keeper but I would like to stick with Etheridge as our no.1

I think I am on my own with this view but I would take him if the price wasn't too over the top, I know Etheridge is not one of the weaker players, but his position along with Striker and top Centre Midfield to compliment Ralls are the key positions, and where we should spend the majority of the money to strengthen the spine.

I could never see it happening though anyway as they wouldn't want to sell to us, Huw would be even more unpopular !!!

i dont think that would come into it. end of the day they have to sell, our money is as good as anyone elses.
paulh_85

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:44 pm

He has had an excellent season & has plenty of Premier League experience.

Even though Etheridge has had a good season I would put Fabianski in front of him (if he was signed) because of his consistency & PL experience. One of the better keepers in the PL.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Bluebina » Wed May 16, 2018 3:00 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:He has had an excellent season & has plenty of Premier League experience.

Even though Etheridge has had a good season I would put Fabianski in front of him (if he was signed) because of his consistency & PL experience. One of the better keepers in the PL.

Exactly and would earn extra points no doubt, possibly enough to keep us up.

We need the best Striker we can afford too, we need to be better in both boxes, possibly Mitovic if Newcastle sell and Fulham don't go up ?
Bluebina

Postby Stants Step over » Wed May 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Jesus, I read one report in the Guardian that Swansea expect £5 million for him...... A 33 year keeper on £2 million a year. Mental stuff.
Although,not as mad as £20 million for Mowson. Not sure what Morrison will be worth this time next year !!!!

I'd go for either the Villa or Fulham keeper (whoever doesn't go up) as competition for Etheridge
Stants Step over

Postby montyblue » Wed May 16, 2018 6:00 pm

Could' nt see fabianski wanting to sit on the bench and ethridge deserves his chance we need a keeper thats prepared to come in when needed i would probably get marshall back who would be good cover and spend more money on a proven goalscorer. X cardiff defender mcnaughton said cardiff need to sign some experienced premier players not rookies i personally agree and i would go for someone like crouch put the crosses in he will stick it in the net without jumping rather than spending a lot on a keeper.
montyblue

Postby Wayne S » Wed May 16, 2018 6:02 pm

montyblue wrote:Could' nt see fabianski wanting to sit on the bench and ethridge deserves his chance we need a keeper thats prepared to come in when needed i would probably get marshall back who would be good cover and spend more money on a proven goalscorer. X cardiff defender mcnaughton said cardiff need to sign some experienced premier players not rookies i personally agree and i would go for someone like crouch put the crosses in he will stick it in the net without jumping rather than spending a lot on a keeper.

No room for sentiment. Etheridge would have to fight it.put with Fabianski. He saw off Lee Camp let's see what he's made of.

Fabianski would easily be No.1 if he came here.
Wayne S

Postby montyblue » Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 pm

Personally i think ethridge is a cracking keeper did' nt do much wrong for me all season and think he will excel in the premier and he' s still a young lad that could be with us for years not like fabianski
montyblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Wed May 16, 2018 6:36 pm

I like Etheridge but we need two top keepers especially one with the Premier league experience that Fabianski has. Let them battle it out for the no.1 spot and I think Fabianski would win.
This is hypothetical though as I don’t believe Warnock will go in for him.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bananas » Wed May 16, 2018 6:57 pm

I hear Bargoed United need a keeper :laughing6: Fekin jack bstrd :laughing6: :wave:
Bananas

Postby montyblue » Wed May 16, 2018 7:06 pm

Bargoed it is then 4 4 4 4 for fabianski
montyblue

Postby dogfound » Wed May 16, 2018 7:08 pm

montyblue wrote:Personally i think ethridge is a cracking keeper did' nt do much wrong for me all season and think he will excel in the premier and he' s still a young lad that could be with us for years not like fabianski

same here, does what is required without the camera saves.
dogfound

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed May 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Fabianski was actually crying tears of happiness as he's finally going to escape Mordor and the Orc 'Women'. Boo Hoo.
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Sven » Wed May 16, 2018 8:37 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:Fabianski was actually crying tears of happiness as he's finally going to escape Mordor and the Orc 'Women'. Boo Hoo.

Paul, that's likey true! :thumbright: :lol:

I heard another reason is the Swans refusal to repair the leaking roof in his Gower based two-berth caravan due to the financial cuts now required after their relegation from the Premier League!

The thoughts of another winter in those conditions must weigh heavy on his mind and a move back to the real world is no-brainer (with others to follow) ;) :laughing6: :clap:

Caravan train seen leaving Swansea Dessert after relegation from the Premier League
Attachments
caravan-3341872__340.jpg
caravan-3341872__340.jpg (32.65 KiB) Viewed 3148 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Igovernor » Wed May 16, 2018 9:30 pm

According to the BBC, Fabianski is settled in South Wales, but still wants to play at the ‘highest level’. so he can stay settled in South Wales if he joins us :laughing6:
Igovernor

Postby ThomasC » Wed May 16, 2018 9:49 pm

Stants Step over wrote:Jesus, I read one report in the Guardian that Swansea expect £5 million for him...... A 33 year keeper on £2 million a year.

What's wrong with that price? One outstanding season of a £5 mill keeper could pay huge dividends in staying up
ThomasC

Postby GrangeEndStar » Wed May 16, 2018 10:05 pm

Sven wrote:
GrangeEndStar wrote:Fabianski was actually crying tears of happiness as he's finally going to escape Mordor and the Orc 'Women'. Boo Hoo.

I heard another reason is the Swans refusal to repair the leaking roof in his Gower based two-berth caravan due to the inancial cuts now required after their relegation from the Premier League!

The thoughts of another winter in those conditions must weigh heavy on his mind and a move back to the real world is no-brainer (with others to follow) ;) :laughing6: :clap:

Caravan train seen leaving Swansea Dessert after relegation from the Premier League

Chris, I think they've got real problems down there
, as Gonzo & co cashed in to Kaplan and Levien who are bad blood to whoever just googles them. It's now clear why bignose kept the 'Trust' in the dark until it was done as they'd previously blackballed a sale to the people who then went onto buy Palace.

Here's a couple lf links from Planet Slums on Levien/Kaplan. It does not bode well for them at all.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/gr ... 33pn6ixjgo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ast-place/

Ho Ho Ho. :thumbup:
'Nail 'em up,' I say. 'Nail some sense into 'em.'
GrangeEndStar

Postby Sven » Wed May 16, 2018 11:14 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:
Sven wrote:

I heard another reason is the Swans refusal to repair the leaking roof in his Gower based two-berth caravan due to the inancial cuts now required after their relegation from the Premier League!

Chris, I think they've got real problems down there
, as Gonzo & co cashed in to Kaplan and Levien who are bad blood to whoever just googles them. It's now clear why bignose kept the 'Trust' in the dark until it was done as they'd previously blackballed a sale to the people who then went onto buy Palace.

Here's a couple lf links from Planet Slums on Levien/Kaplan. It does not bode well for them at all.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/gr ... 33pn6ixjgo

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/ ... ast-place/

Ho Ho Ho. :thumbup:

Seems everything he touches turns to shit, Paul :shock:

No wonder they don't give him too much stick (compared to to Gonzo); he fits like a glove! :thumbright: :lol: :lol:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby bluemun » Thu May 17, 2018 8:18 am

33 isn't old for a keeper. He was the only consistent player for Swansea and is outstanding. Him and Etheridge could compete for the no. 1 spot.
At £5 million it's an absolute no-brained!
bluemun

Postby ThomasC » Thu May 17, 2018 8:21 am

bluemun wrote:33 isn't old for a keeper. He was the only consistent player for Swansea and is outstanding. Him and Etheridge could compete for the no. 1 spot.

Cheap :thumbup: he can play 4 years at the top if in good shape. Proven premiership goalkeeper. Go get him Warnock :ayatollah:
ThomasC

Postby piledriver64 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:38 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I like Etheridge but we need two top keepers especially one with the Premier league experience that Fabianski has. Let them battle it out for the no.1 spot and I think Fabianski would win.
This is hypothetical though as I don’t believe Warnock will go in for him.

We certainly need 2 good keepers but I have to say I'm not convinced Fabianski falls into that category.

He is a great shot stopper, of that there is no doubt. However, in terms of commanding his box and coming off his line I'm not convinced that he is better than Etheridge.

If you watch the Jack games there were numerous times when the centre backs were left looking at, or waiting for, the keeper to come and get the ball. That happened with Etheridge a couple of time with Morrison and Bamba but not at the same frequency.

So in my view, we do need a keeper who is as good as or better than Etheridge, I just don't see that Fabianski is that guy.
piledriver64

Postby nojac » Thu May 17, 2018 10:19 am

Warnock likes big goalkeepers, that's why he was so pleased to land Etheridge.
So I would imagine, another big commanding keeper, maybe again from the lower leagues.
nojac

Postby epping blue » Thu May 17, 2018 10:34 am

bluemun wrote:33 isn't old for a keeper. He was the only consistent player for Swansea and is outstanding. Him and Etheridge could compete for the no. 1 spot.

If its that good a deal then there'll be a queue of premiership clubs going for him. I don't see that and that's not doubting his ability, its just being realistic. Most already have keepers in place and its only at the top end that clubs will pay that sort of money for back up. Someone like Palace replacing Hennessy for a couple of years maybe.
epping blue

Postby Juventus Blue » Thu May 17, 2018 10:41 am

I’d take him in a heartbeat for more reasons than one ;)
CARDIFF CITY ARE BACK IN BLUE!
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE, WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUUUUEE!
CHAMPIONSHIP CHAMPIONS 2012/13
CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP 2017/18
Juventus Blue

Postby Caerdydd12 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:56 pm

montyblue wrote:Could' nt see fabianski wanting to sit on the bench and ethridge deserves his chance we need a keeper thats prepared to come in when needed i would probably get marshall back who would be good cover and spend more money on a proven goalscorer. X cardiff defender mcnaughton said cardiff need to sign some experienced premier players not rookies i personally agree and i would go for someone like crouch put the crosses in he will stick it in the net without jumping rather than spending a lot on a keeper.

Surprise everyone and go for that Leeds youngster he's doing well
Caerdydd12

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 pm

The keeper wanting to stay in Wales and wants to leave Swansea City, hmmmm a hint of joining Cardiff City?
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby Sneggyblubird » Sat May 19, 2018 10:02 am

Marshall was settled in Wales too.That guy will go to the best deal he can get. settled or not.
Sneggyblubird

Postby dogfound » Sat May 19, 2018 10:46 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:Marshall was settled in Wales too.That guy will go to the best deal he can get. settled or not.

yep 2 days after the crocodile tears and badge kissing in goes the transfer request. .wants to play at the highest level has nothing to do with the drop in wages.
dogfound

Return to General Chat