Dissapointed with Pulis

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dissapointed with Pulis

Postby Savigma » Wed May 16, 2018 11:57 am

Seriously why didn’t Pulis start with Fabio last night. Too safe and that’s what costs you in football.

You need to score 2 goals mate, the only time you even came close to scoring in the first leg was when Fabio came on.

Ofcourse I’m biased but I wouldn’t be making this post if he came on and made them worse.
Savigma

Dissapointed with Pulis

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Dissapointed with Pulis

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:10 pm

Savigma wrote:Seriously why didn’t Pulis start with Fabio last night. Too safe and that’s what costs you in football.

You need to score 2 goals mate, the only time you even came close to scoring in the first leg was when Fabio came on.

Ofcourse I’m biased but I wouldn’t be making this post if he came on and made them worse.

what are you biased?

are you Rafael?
paulh_85

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Savigma wrote:Seriously why didn’t Pulis start with Fabio last night. Too safe and that’s what costs you in football.

I was more disappointed with Pulis overall game plan which was far too cautious. He seemed to be gambling on getting a lucky break which will never happen when you don't have a shot on target and only 2 in total when you factor in the first leg.

It seems to me he was playing more for himself (heroic failure get another go next year) rather than gambling on getting the 2 goals needed which might have backfired with a heavy defeat.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Tony Cascarino was just particularly scathing of Pulis on talksport.

According to the BBC Website, Middlesbrough did not have a shot on target in the whole game :shock:

Unforgivable in most games but even more so in a Play Off Semi Final Second Leg when your 1-0 down surely?

I like Tony Pulis and always want to support fellow Welshmen but thats not good.
RV Casual

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed May 16, 2018 1:01 pm

RV Casual wrote:Tony Cascarino was just particularly scathing of Pulis on talksport.

According to the BBC Website, Middlesbrough did not have a shot on target in the whole game :shock:

Unforgivable in most games but even more so in a Play Off Semi Final Second Leg when your 1-0 down surely?

I like Tony Pulis and always want to support fellow Welshmen but thats not good.

I watched the game on Sky and Boro were awful. Of course their tactics suited Villa who had the 1-0 lead. As you said unforgivable when looking at it from a Boro fan perspective.
Tony Blue Williams

Postby stephendavid » Wed May 16, 2018 1:19 pm

Surely you GOT to have a go in a playoff semi.....rather get done 3/4 nil and have a right go at it than lose 1 nil madness
stephendavid

Postby Logie » Wed May 16, 2018 2:34 pm

Im not supprised it was out of us and Fulham for second. Wolves were the only team to play to their potential (ofc ours above it) and Fulham for most the season too.

Game last night was poo. Shows getting a good manager is over half the battle in the Champpionship
Logie

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Wed May 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Over the 2 legs Boro had more of the ball and spent long periods of the game in the Villa half, but didn't actually do anything with the ball and created nothing. In fact Villa looked far more dangerous on the break and created the better chances and could have scored a goal or 2 if it hadn't been for Darren Randolph who was brilliant in goal.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby noisycat » Wed May 16, 2018 4:42 pm

I don’t think Bamford started this game either. If he was in our squad and we were a goal down, I’d want him to start.
noisycat

Return to General Chat