Lee selby in leeds

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Lee selby in leeds

Postby stephendavid » Tue May 15, 2018 11:15 am

Making the trip up Friday night to watch barry town's champ fight sat at elland road should be an amazibg atmosphere hope he wins
stephendavid

Lee selby in leeds

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Lee selby in leeds

Postby paulh_85 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:22 am

he needs to.

career hasnt taken off like it should and this is the gateway fights to the big time for him.

win this and it should be frampton next.
paulh_85

Postby Wolfpac » Tue May 15, 2018 12:03 pm

Bores the living shit out of me, no doubt he has ability but can't stand his fights, his brother Andrew on the other hand for me is hands down a better boxer.
Wolfpac

Postby RV Casual » Tue May 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Enjoy mate, and stay safe
RV Casual

Postby stephendavid » Tue May 15, 2018 1:05 pm

RV Casual wrote:Enjoy mate, and stay safe

Top man mate,good few coaches of the barry lads going up on the saturday think it could be a bit dodgy up there myself
stephendavid

Postby stephendavid » Tue May 15, 2018 1:08 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Bores the living shit out of me, no doubt he has ability but can't stand his fights, his brother Andrew on the other hand for me is hands down a better boxer.

Each to their own mate,i get what your saying but the kid is a world champion an a local lad so deserves some support
stephendavid

Postby stephendavid » Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 pm

paulh_85 wrote:he needs to.

career hasnt taken off like it should and this is the gateway fights to the big time for him.

Agree paul he needs to win and win well then the big fights are all there
win this and it should be frampton next.
stephendavid

Postby RV Casual » Tue May 15, 2018 1:13 pm

stephendavid wrote:

Top man mate,good few coaches of the barry lads going up on the saturday think it could be a bit dodgy up there myself

Yeah I think you could be in for a rough time mate, stick together hopefully it will be sound
RV Casual

Postby stephendavid » Tue May 15, 2018 2:25 pm

RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Yeah I think you could be in for a rough time mate, stick together hopefully it will be sound

Top man nice 1 mate
stephendavid

Postby boyo1927 » Tue May 15, 2018 5:00 pm

Wolfpac wrote:Bores the living shit out of me, no doubt he has ability but can't stand his fights, his brother Andrew on the other hand for me is hands down a better boxer.

I'm amazed at this comment. I love boxing and Lee Selby is quality to watch technically. So he doesn't have a knockout shot but how you can appreciate the technical speed of boxing is beyond me....

Good luck Lee
boyo1927

Postby Wolfpac » Tue May 15, 2018 5:34 pm

boyo1927 wrote:

I'm amazed at this comment. I love boxing and Lee Selby is quality to watch technically. So he doesn't have a knockout shot but how you can appreciate the technical speed of boxing is beyond me....

Good luck Lee

I'm not a big boxing fan so don't see the hype but I see Andrew Selby glide around the ring like hes got butter on his feet and it looks class :thumbup:
Wolfpac

Postby stephendavid » Tue May 15, 2018 8:18 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Good luck Lee

I'm not a big boxing fan so don't see the hype but I see Andrew Selby glide around the ring like hes got butter on his feet and it looks class :thumbup:

No doubting andrew Selby but hes got it all to do,his bro is a world champion an a good 1 at that they dont give out world titles to any tom dick or harry fella
stephendavid

Postby boyo1927 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:40 pm

stephendavid wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Good luck Lee

No doubting andrew Selby but hes got it all to do,his bro is a world champion an a good 1 at that they dont give out world titles to any tom dick or harry fella

Andrew is very talented but doesn't have the same dedication as Lee... Seen Andrew in local Kebab shop. He fights for a. Bit of money but admits he doesn't like the sport. If only he did he could go even further... As above Lee is a world champ, should be more active and lack of a good promoter has not helped... Big fight sat but expect him to have too much for Warrington and win on points by at least 5 or 6 rounds
boyo1927

Postby stephendavid » Wed May 16, 2018 7:05 am

boyo1927 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Good luck Lee

Andrew is very talented but doesn't have the same dedication as Lee... Seen Andrew in local Kebab shop. He fights for a. Bit of money but admits he doesn't like the sport. If only he did he could go even further... As above Lee is a world champ, should be more active and lack of a good promoter has not helped... Big fight sat but expect him to have too much for Warrington and win on points by at least 5 or 6 rounds

Think he will have to much also on sat,Warrington not bad good engine just think selby a league above him,lee has to get the big fights the unification fights etc see how good he really is then in with frampton,santa cruz,abner mares & who i personally think is the best out of all of them gary russell junior
stephendavid

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:31 am

stephendavid wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Good luck Lee

Think he will have to much also on sat,Warrington not bad good engine just think selby a league above him,lee has to get the big fights the unification fights etc see how good he really is then in with frampton,santa cruz,abner mares & who i personally think is the best out of all of them gary russell junior

Deserves to be mentioned with those top names but has to be Frampton next in Ireland.
paulh_85

Postby stephendavid » Wed May 16, 2018 9:37 am

paulh_85 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Good luck Lee

Deserves to be mentioned with those top names but has to be Frampton next in Ireland.

Fair shout paul,hope selby shuts warrington an them leeds lot right up
stephendavid

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 9:39 am

I watched the Press Conference yesterday, for me Selby looks as cool as a cucumber, looks like he is well in the zone whilst Warrington looks nervous to me, like a rabbit in the headlights, only one winner for me.
RV Casual

Postby paulh_85 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 am

RV Casual wrote:I watched the Press Conference yesterday, for me Selby looks as cool as a cucumber, looks like he is well in the zone whilst Warrington looks nervous to me, like a rabbit in the headlights, only one winner for me.

Selby is the classier in the ring by a mile too. its a shame his profile is so low as he hasnt gotten the paydays and the notoriety from the sport that he perhaps deserves.

31, so still has a solid 3/4 years of top level fights in him. expect him to win this by a wide UD
paulh_85

Postby stephendavid » Wed May 16, 2018 10:18 am

RV Casual wrote:I watched the Press Conference yesterday, for me Selby looks as cool as a cucumber, looks like he is well in the zone whilst Warrington looks nervous to me, like a rabbit in the headlights, only one winner for me.

He did mate,be well intimidating up there but hopefully he comes through an does it shut the mouthy leeds lot up
stephendavid

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

stephendavid wrote:

He did mate,be well intimidating up there but hopefully he comes through an does it shut the mouthy leeds lot up

Have to let us know how it goes mate, I bet your bouncing for it :D
RV Casual

Postby stephendavid » Wed May 16, 2018 10:55 am

RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Will do mate,i was until i heard selby only got 100 odd going up lol
stephendavid

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 pm

stephendavid wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

That's the trouble mate, our boxers don't seem to have mass followings for whatever reason, Cleverly was the same, I know lads who followed him about and they had a rough time, especially when he fought Bellew in Liverpool, barely a couple of coaches.

Because of the Football aspect to his following I think trouble in inevitable mate, just hope you all come home safe :thumbup:
RV Casual

Postby stephendavid » Wed May 16, 2018 12:32 pm

RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

That's the trouble mate, our boxers don't seem to have mass followings for whatever reason, Cleverly was the same, I know lads who followed him about and they had a rough time, especially when he fought Bellew in Liverpool, barely a couple of coaches.

Because of the Football aspect to his following I think trouble in inevitable mate, just hope you all come home safe :thumbup:

Your spot on there mate,the leeds lads ive heard off were expecting a good few hundred barry/cardiff lads to travel an i think most of them were assuming the 'soul crew' woukd be there lol.But as you said mate none of our welsh boxers have a huge following an with leeds reputation dont think they'll be to shy handing out a few slaps if the chance arises
stephendavid

Postby mr_nellio » Wed May 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Selby to win for me. Technically superb boxer should have Warringtons number on the night.

Hopefully will lead to some big fisghts that Lee deserves.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby BEEP AHM » Thu May 17, 2018 6:44 pm

RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Because of the Football aspect to his following I think trouble in inevitable mate, just hope you all come home safe :thumbup:[/quo

I hope he knocks tha horrible tw*t clean out! But for those going up take your time on the booze, it will get ugly once Selby beats him. Horrible man, horrible fans
BEEP AHM

Postby stephendavid » Thu May 17, 2018 7:22 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:
RV Casual wrote:
stephendavid wrote:

Because of the Football aspect to his following I think trouble in inevitable mate, just hope you all come home safe :thumbup:[/quo

I hope he knocks tha horrible tw*t clean out! But for those going up take your time on the booze, it will get ugly once Selby beats him. Horrible man, horrible fans

An me mate fecking hate leeds
stephendavid

Return to General Chat