" Two Premier League Managers Leave Today "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 12:38 pm

The Demand for Success in the Premier League is massive, its not just about staying up, if you don't make say the top 6/8 of the Premier League, you can't be guaranteed your job.

16/05/18

' ALLARDYCE LEAVES EVERTON & DAVID MOYES LEAVES WEST HAM '

Sam Allardyce was sacked today.

Everton have confirmed that Sam Allardyce has left his role as manager

16/05/18

EVERTON THANK ALLARDYCE

In a club statement, Everton have thanked Sam Allardyce for his work at the club but say he was not part of the long-term plan.

Chief executive Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale said: “On behalf of the chairman, board of directors and Mr Moshiri, I’d like to thank Sam for the job he has done at Everton over the last seven months. Sam was brought in at a challenging time last season to provide us with some stability and we are grateful to him for doing that.

“However, we have made the decision that, as part of our longer-term plan, we will be appointing a new manager this summer and will be commencing this process immediately. Again, we’d like to place on record our sincere thanks to Sam for his work with us over the last few months and wish him well for the future.”

DAVID MOYES LEAVES WEST HAM

Wednesday 16th May 2018

David Moyes arrived at London Stadium in November and was tasked with keeping West Ham in the Premier League. His assistants Alan Irvine, Stuart Pearce and Billy McKinlay will also leave the club.

In a club statement, joint-chairman David Sullivan said: "I would like to place on record my sincere thanks to David Moyes and his staff for achieving the target of keeping West Ham United in the Premier League.

"Throughout his time here, David has carried himself with dignity and honesty and we have all found him to be a pleasure to work with. He, Alan, Stuart and Billy accepted the challenge and attacked it head on, turning around a difficult situation. They deserve great respect for the job they have done and they leave the club with our best wishes.

"When David and his team arrived, it was the wish of both parties that the focus be only on the six months until the end of the season, at which point a decision would be made with regards to the future. Having taken stock of the situation and reflected now the campaign is complete, we feel that it is right to move in a different direction.

"We are already taking steps to identify and recruit the manager we believe can take West Ham United forward in line with our ambitions. We aim to appoint a high-calibre figure who we feel will lead the club into an exciting future for our loyal supporters within the next ten days."
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Two Premier League Managers Leave Today "

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm

Not sure how this will go down but I have always thought Sam Allardyce would be a great fit for CCFC :shock: We would have to overlook his one game in charge of England but SA is straight out of the same school as Neil Warnock.

A trouble shooter who can sought out failing clubs and get them back on track with well organised defences, injections of self belief and fighting spirit the Cardiff identity.

It seems the clubs he goes to want him gone because they believe their mid ranking sides can become a Barcelona :roll: after he has saved them from relegation.

Personally I thought his Bolton sides of the 2000s were an excellent and I loved players like Jay-Jay Okocha!
Tony Blue Williams

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 1:05 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:Not sure how this will go down but I have always thought Sam Allardyce would be a great fit for CCFC :shock: We would have to overlook his one game in charge of England but SA is straight out of the same school as Neil Warnock.

A trouble shooter who can sought out failing clubs and get them back on track with well organised defences, injections of self belief and fighting spirit the Cardiff identity.

It seems the clubs he goes to want him gone because they believe their mid ranking sides can become a Barcelona :roll: after he has saved them from relegation.

Personally I thought his Bolton sides of the 2000s were an excellent and I loved players like Jay-Jay Okocha!

I agree mate, Warnock will be 70 at Christmas, I know it's horrible to say and no doubt some people will start going mental, but I would take him now, and I mean that with no disrespect to Warnock who is a legend for what he has done but I am looking at the long game.
RV Casual

Postby mugsy » Wed May 16, 2018 1:22 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Tony Blue Williams wrote:Not sure how this will go down but I have always thought Sam Allardyce would be a great fit for CCFC :shock: We would have to overlook his one game in charge of England but SA is straight out of the same school as Neil Warnock.

I agree mate, Warnock will be 70 at Christmas, I know it's horrible to say and no doubt some people will start going mental, but I would take him now, and I mean that with no disrespect to Warnock who is a legend for what he has done but I am looking at the long game.

If you are looking at the long game why look at Allardyce who will be 64 in October.
mugsy

Postby RV Casual » Wed May 16, 2018 1:33 pm

mugsy wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

If you are looking at the long game why look at Allardyce who will be 64 in October.

You are correct, long term was the wrong phrase my bad, what I meant was to establish us as a Premier League Club over 5-6 years, I think Allardyce could do this, his record speaks for itself, whilst realistically Warnock isn't going to be around for another 6-7 years and his record at this level is well, not great.
RV Casual

Postby Wayne S » Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Let's be honest as soon as the Warnock love in has been killed off by us being bottom at Christmas, Allardyce Would be a good shout as our next manager.

Him or Pulls.

I would hope we would see the season through with Warnock at the helm though. Whatever our position.
Wayne S

Postby Manchester Taffy » Wed May 16, 2018 5:58 pm

You can stick Allardyce up my backside, stay with Warnock and bring Bellamy through the ranks :bluebird:
Manchester Taffy

Postby cardiffblue74 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:24 pm

This is madness both these managers kept their clubs in thenPremier league.

Personally I think these clubs are being very unrealistic in trying to be in the Europa places.

If they carry on like this they will be relegation fodder next year!
cardiffblue74

Postby Ninian Road Blue » Wed May 16, 2018 8:39 pm

Moyes sacking was more harsh than fat sam, but wouldn’t want either over warnock.
Ninian Road Blue

Postby RV Casual » Thu May 17, 2018 11:39 am

Ninian Road Blue wrote:Moyes sacking was more harsh than fat sam, but wouldn’t want either over warnock.

Really?

How do you work that out then, both Managers took their team 5 places up the League from their starting points.

I don't think one is any more harsh than the other to be fair, they are BOTH shocking decisions by Clubs with ideas above their station.

For me, both teams finished about where I would expect them to, I mean, realistically the best Everton could hope to finish is one place higher, West Ham maybe a few places higher.

What do teams like Everton expect, they can't keep hold of the likes of John Stones, Lakaku etc, they can't expect to compete for a top 6 finish unless they hold on to the likes of them and add to it with more quality.

There are two Leagues in that Division now, the top 6 and then everybody else, Everton finished 2nd, West Ham 7th.

Even winning a Cup is a mamouth task as the top 6 have a strangle hold on them aswell.

As for having Warnock over both of them, don't be silly, Warnock deserves his chance and has my full support, but I would swap him all day long as I recognise his limitations, that doesn't mean I don't respect and appreciate all he's done for us though but to have someone like Moyes or Allardyce would be taking us to the next level IMO and give us a far better chance of survival. :thumbup:
RV Casual

Return to General Chat