Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Jazz Richards and Cameron Coxe "

Wed May 16, 2018 3:17 pm

Special mentions to Cardiff City’s Jazz Richards and Cameron Coxe, who have both been named in the Wales squad for their friendly against Mexico later this month. :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wednesday 16th May 2018

The midfielder missed out on team’s China Cup campaign back in March due to a hamstring injury, but returns to the squad alongside Joe Ledley and Hal Robson-Kanu for the friendly in California, which will take place at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on May 29.

Among the most notable absentees are Gareth Bale, Danny Ward and Ben Woodburn, who could potentially be representing their clubs in next week’s Champions League final between Liverpool and Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, James Chester is set to represent Aston Villa in the upcoming Championship play-off final with Fulham at Wembley, while Joe Allen and Neil Taylor are both ruled out through injury.

Striker Simon Church recently ruled himself out of contention after being forced to retire due to a persistent hip injury.

There’s also once again no place in the squad for Newcastle United full-back Paul Dummett.

The squad are set to be involved in an open training session the Racecourse, Wrexham on Monday 21 May before flying out to the USA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: " Jazz Richards and Cameron Coxe "

Wed May 16, 2018 3:19 pm

:thumbright:

" WALES SQUAD ANNOUNCED "
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed May 16, 2018 3:25 pm

I doubt Paul Dummett will ever represent Wales now. He seems to be a good player with a good reputation at Newcastle.
He will be classed as one who got away, and retire from international football before he ever plays.

Wed May 16, 2018 4:50 pm

glas wrote:I doubt Paul Dummett will ever represent Wales now. He seems to be a good player with a good reputation at Newcastle.
He will be classed as one who got away, and retire from international football before he ever plays.

If you come out and say you don't want to play for Wales why pick him? His heart obvs ain't in it.

Wed May 16, 2018 5:01 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
glas wrote:I doubt Paul Dummett will ever represent Wales now. He seems to be a good player with a good reputation at Newcastle.

If you come out and say you don't want to play for Wales why pick him? His heart obvs ain't in it.

I think he got the hump because he was overlooked on a couple of occasions by Coleman and said he didn't want to be considered. For all we know Giggs may have spoken to him and asked him to reconsider and be turned down. If so stuff him. If not maybe he should be given another opportunity. David Brookes has after letting down the under 20's big time and choosing to switch his allegiance to England weeks before he was due to play in a tournament for Wales.

Wed May 16, 2018 6:37 pm

Where is Amphadu? Young Chelsea defender

Wed May 16, 2018 7:12 pm

toshacks_1_tales wrote:Where is Amphadu? Young Chelsea defender

Injured

Thu May 17, 2018 1:55 pm

I thought we might have seen more of young Cameron Coxe during last season when injuries struck the squad, but we always seemed to have a right back available with Bruno filling in.

He needs to be sent out for some regular first team football next season.

Thu May 17, 2018 1:59 pm

bluebird58 wrote:I thought we might have seen more of young Cameron Coxe during last season when injuries struck the squad, but we always seemed to have a right back available with Bruno filling in.

He needs to be sent out for some regular first team football next season.

I thought he was a left back?