Summer changes

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Summer changes

Postby bluebirdredbird » Wed May 16, 2018 12:26 pm

I think that we should get rid of the following players as I think we need a major overhaul to stay up next season imo.

Liam feeney
Jamie ward
traore
Amos
Jazz Richard's
Craig Bryson
Mendez laing (Not good enough for premier imo)
Madine
Gunnarson (same reason as mendez)

Can't think of anymore off the top of my head
Then sign players who have premier league experience from the teams that went down on this season including the jacks. I also think we have more chance of my staying up this time if we sign the right players has we have Neil warnock and he will attract bigger names than malky because of his experience. Also think we should have cashed in on zohore in January as well.
bluebirdredbird

Summer changes

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Summer changes

Postby sid61284 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:38 pm

Amos?
As in the keeper we had on loan 2 seasons ago and went back to Bolton last year?
sid61284

Postby Gringo22 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:30 pm

I'm glad we didn't cash in on zohore because we potentially might not of got promoted. He has contributed even though he hasn't done amazing on his day he unplayable. I think if we overhaul we could break up the dressing room rather just supplement what we have already. When we survive then we will look to slowly progress.
Gringo22

Postby bluebirdoct1962 » Wed May 16, 2018 4:55 pm

bluebirdredbird wrote:I think that we should get rid of the following players as I think we need a major overhaul to stay up next season imo.

Liam feeney
Jamie ward
traore
Amos
Jazz Richard's
Craig Bryson
Madine

Then sign players who have premier league experience from the teams that went down on this season including the jacks. I also think we have more chance of my staying up this time if we sign the right players has we have Neil warnock and he will attract bigger names than malky because of his experience. Also think we should have cashed in on zohore in January as well.

Sorry don’t agree with you on NML. At his best he will be more than useful in the premiership. Particularly v the likes of Brighton, Burnley, Southampton, West Ham etc
bluebirdoct1962

Postby welshrarebit » Wed May 16, 2018 7:07 pm

Most of those are loans anyway. I think however jazz is one to keep. Not once let us down. Is an experienced international and gets forward well. He’s been unlucky with injuries this season but he’s a good player. Plus he can cover both sides.
welshrarebit

Postby bluebirdredbird » Thu May 17, 2018 2:05 am

sid61284 wrote:Amos?
As in the keeper we had on loan 2 seasons ago and went back to Bolton last year?

Sorry Murphy not Amos got them mixed up.
bluebirdredbird

Postby Savigma » Thu May 17, 2018 11:37 am

You wanna get rid of Mendez-Laing, Richards & Gunnarsson? Typically nobody can be wrong with an opinion.
But you’re wrong.

IMO if you get rid of Mendez-Laing you may as well get rid of Hoilett. Both as good as each other but offer something completely different
Savigma

Postby piledriver64 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:44 am

bluebirdredbird wrote:I think that we should get rid of the following players as I think we need a major overhaul to stay up next season imo.

Liam feeney
Jamie ward
traore
Amos
Jazz Richard's
Craig Bryson
Madine

In general don't disagree with many but to include NML and Richards is bizarre !!

Richards is simply our best right back but the only question mark is whether he's fit.

NML, as others have said, gives us unpredictability. He may not be a starter but his pace toward the end of a game that we are chasing will be important.
piledriver64

Postby City Slicker » Thu May 17, 2018 11:52 am

Liam feeney
Jamie ward
traore
Amos
Jazz Richard's
Craig Bryson
Madine

I agree with all but NML and Gunnar. Both could be useful next season as back up. Possibly I could stretch to Traore as well if he's on a free.
City Slicker

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu May 17, 2018 12:10 pm

I think Mednez Laing has a good part to play next season. I think Medine will have a roll even if it is as a squad member.

Personally id like to sign Bryson if he is available for a low fee as a squad player.

I agree the rest can go though.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat