" Latest on Neil Warnock & Nuno Santo "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 17, 2018 1:29 pm

Neil Warnock shows his class with praise for Wolves boss Nuno Santo

Birmingham Live News

Thursday 17th May 2018

Just ask Neil Warnock.

It was just over four weeks ago that the Cardiff City boss was shunning the belated handshake from Wolves manager Nuno Santo - amidst a flurry of furious four-letter words.

Fast-forward to the League Managers’ Association awards this week and it seems that the atmosphere has thawed between the two promotion winning gaffers.

It was also a successful evening for the two bosses, Nuno picked up the Championship top award, and the Bluebirds boss Neil Warnock had a special award of his own :bluebird:

Warnock was handed a lifetime achievement award after eight successful promotions as a manager, and he was quick to show that there were no hard feelings with his wolves counterpart.

As he picked up his award, he commented: "I'm sure you saw me on the pitch saying a few words to him a few weeks ago.

NEIL WARNOCK:

"I did ring him up to congratulate him. People say they have had money, it's alright having money. But you have to get the right players in to achieve success. :thumbright:

"Nuno did a fantastic job at Wolves and the club is coming back and it is great." :thumbright:

At the time, Warnock took exception to Nuno’s reaction to the final whistle, when he and his staff joined the players on the pitch in celebrating their victory over Cardiff, which had almost not been seen out when Gary Madine and Junior Hoilett both stepped up to take penalties in stoppage time.

The former saw his saved by John Ruddy before the latter crashed his against the woodwork, and Wolves’ lead - handed to them by Ruben Neves’ free kick - remained intact.

That Nuno left Warnock hanging on the touch-line infuriated the 69-year-old, who in no uncertain terms told the Portuguese manager to clear off when he approached him to shake hands.

In his post-match press conference, a clearly angry Warnock said that he wasn’t interested in speaking with Nuno, but later the Yorkshireman admitted things had cooled.

NEIL WARNOCK:

“Yeah it’s water off a duck’s back now, it was just at the time,” Warnock told talkSPORT . :thumbright:

“I saw (Nuno celebrating) last week against Middlesbrough and I was quite furious about him doing that with Tony Pulis and I thought someone’s got to tell him about British football and what you do.

“And we all want to run on the pitch but it only takes a second to shake my hand.

“It was a great game, good atmosphere and a fabulous goal.

"You can look back on things and say ‘we might have done this differently’ but if you can’t score two penalties you’re not going to get any points. But 30,000 on a Friday night, it was a super night apart from the disappointment.”

Neil Warnock gives Nuno a piece of his mind as he snubs the post-match handshake

Neil Warnock delivered a foul-mouthed snub to Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo as Cardiff slipped to defeat
Attachments
nintchdbpict0003971783881-e1523048080704.jpg
nintchdbpict0003971783881-e1523048080704.jpg (46.04 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
nintchdbpict000397189161-e1523049188831.jpg
nintchdbpict000397189161-e1523049188831.jpg (110.28 KiB) Viewed 4530 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " Latest on Neil Warnock & Nuno Santo "

Postby paulh_85 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:48 pm

good.

Warnock has a good point to make that night, but didnt cover himself in glory
paulh_85

Postby RFMH » Thu May 17, 2018 2:02 pm

paulh_85 wrote:good.

That's what I felt, right point but should have eventually shook his hand and drew a line under it on the pitch in front of the cameras.
RFMH

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:14 pm

RFMH wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:good.

That's what I felt, right point but should have eventually shook his hand and drew a line under it on the pitch in front of the cameras.

I think his reaction on the pitch was spot on.
It was the reaction in the interview after the game that was disappointing as he should've cooled down by then.
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Danny Says » Thu May 17, 2018 3:42 pm

I'm trying to forget that night. :o

All worked out well in the end though :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Danny Says

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu May 17, 2018 4:39 pm

Can see Santo being the first to go next season.
2blue2handle

Postby paulh_85 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:14 am

2blue2handle wrote:Can see Santo being the first to go next season.

really?

think theres more chance of warnock personally.
paulh_85

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri May 18, 2018 10:25 am

paulh_85 wrote:

really?

I think if Wolves spend big as predicted and they struggle at the start then I think he could be.
2blue2handle

Postby Caerdydd12 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:40 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

really?

Warnock will be gone by Christmas, be good if he stays tho
Caerdydd12

Return to General Chat