6 players

A forum for all things Cardiff City

6 players

Postby Blue_Barber » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:49 pm

If you could sign 6 realistic players to bolster our Premiership survival HYPOTHETICALLY who would you sign you’ve got to choose:
1 GK
1 DF
1 WG
1 MD
1 FD

And one fantasy signing

So for me
GK - Back up for Etheridge as I think he’s done really well I’d take Robles decent reserve with Premier league experience on a free

DF - we’re constantly linked with wide defenders but I think that, although we have 4 decent centre backs I still think we’d do well to pick an aspiring youthful centre back to learn from what we have and potential exceed it, I like the look of Hoban, Cargill- but I think we’ll end up with wide man so I’d like to see the experience of West Brom’s Craig Dawson at the club - affordable and still a decent age. Although a lot will rest on Bennett future.

MD- If Tomlin goes we still need a creative presence in the midfield, someone who can open up the box, we missed it in the 16/17 season and Tomlin was brought in for that - however my fantasy signing could do that job, further back we don’t know what’s happening with Gunnarsson and even if he signs he’s had injury issues so bringing back a Grujic is essential - if not him I like Mo Besic Fromm Everton who’s crying out for game time.

WG- if the Jacob Murphy deal pulls off that’s one hell of a coup, if it doesn’t we need that raw pace and pizzaz to unlock it some of the best def moves on the planet, maybe a loan deal for Patrick Roberts - last at Celtic from Man City or of that ilk would be a good deal for all parties?

ST- I like the early links to Abel Hernandez formally of Hull - he’s a very decent striker who knows where the goal is and abitnof a character I could see him adding to a tight squad. Also free

Fantasy signing - for me it would have to be Aaron Ramsey, I’d love Bale don’t get me wrong, but seeing a home grown player turn out for your club in the premier league would be fantastic.
Blue_Barber

6 players

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: 6 players

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:01 pm

I think we will sign more than 6 players. Maybe 6 new players but then replace others we sell.

As a very bare minimum we need:
Keeper to compete with Etheridge not as just a number 2.
Right back first choice
Left back compete with Bennett if he stays
2 cms - to start
Winger - compete with NML and Hoilett
Striker
2blue2handle

Postby trotskie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:30 pm

Keeper, right back to start, left back, midfielder to start, winger, striker as a minimum.

First game of season I expect something like

Ethridge

New RB Bamba Morrison Bennet/new lb

New mid Ralls

Patterson

New winger Hoillett

Zohore/new striker
trotskie

Postby tonythomas » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:42 pm

GK:- Sam Johnstone
RB:- James Tavernier
MID:- John Bostock
WING:- Josh Murphy
FWD:- Wout Weghorst

Fantasy :- Aaron Ramsey

Chances of any of these signing,apart from Murphy is 0%.
But it's like playing fantasy football ain't it. ;-)
tonythomas

Postby phildavies » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Already did this before and will stick with my choices other than Fredericks who has gone to West Ham so

Winger - Jahanbakhsh currently at AZ Alkmaar a quality player loads of pace and goals would likely be the most expensive of my signings can also play as a attacking midfielder
Striker- Nils Petersen at Freiburg great goal scoring record would be great competition for Zohore
Cm- Ryan Woods at Brentford mgreat player who shouldn’t cost too much
Other CM- Grujic on loan for the season thought he did well for us and provides height in the middle
RB- Chris Gunter should be that expensive and a very solid player
Any sub keeper- I honestly don’t care that much too much is b OMG made of this position on this forum whoever comes is second choice to Etheridge and I still rate Murphy to if he’s staying here so whoever is the best cheapest option wage wise on a free transfer
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:13 pm

GK - Sam Johnstone - best GK in the championship last season imo and if we sign him for 5m I reckon his value would double at the end of the season and I reckon he's prem standard all ready and would prove good competition for Etheridge.

DF - Sam Byram - He's young, was given his Leeds debut by Warnock and at one point was destined to one day play for a top 6 club in the prem. Not given a chance at West Ham and would be available this summer for between 2-3m.

CM - Marco Van Ginkel - played 28 games for PSV, scored 16 times and managed 5 assists. Top quality player who's not wanted by Chelsea and would add that composure and creativity on the ball that we desperately need and he's known for both his attacking and his defending and is 6ft 1, so he fits the big physical type of player Warnock would want. Reckon we could get him on loan or between 7-10m.

W - Jonathan Bamba - Even though it seems we're getting Josh Murphy which seems a decent signing who's direct, fast and a powerful runner, I would also like to see us go for Jonathan Bamba who's available on a free, is fast and tricky and managed 34 games in the top French division, 8 goals and 11 assists, so he would represent a bargain on a free, and at 22 still has loads of potential.

ST - Oumar Niasse - Think this guy would be a massive hit under Warnock and obviously wants to prove a point to Everton atm. Still only 28 and did well for a struggling Hull City side and even though his game time was limited to 22 premier League games he still managed to score 8 goals. Clearly not wanted by Everton or his team mates and would add much needed goals to our team.

Fantasy signing - Danny Ings - Id like to say Aaron Ramsey but that just would never happen :lol: and part of me would like to say Jack Grealish but I think id get too much abuse so i'll go with Danny Ings instead :lol: Quality striker who works hard, runs the channels well and fights for everything. Would be an amazing signing on Loan imo.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:36 pm

GK - Sam Johnstone on loan. This would free up funds as well.

DF - Greg Cunningham. We need one more left back and one more centre back and Cunningham can play both. I would also consider Tyrone Mings, but he's had a nightmare with injuries at Bournemouth.

MF - Ryan Woods. Woods would be my number one target. A work horse, tenacious, absolute quality on the ball, not a weakness in his game imo.

WG - Josh Murphy. I've just seen footage of him and I didn't realise how many great goals he's scored. He has blistering pace, good balance and can hit it with either foot too.

ST - Mitrovic but he will no doubt go to Fulham. Liverpool's Divock Origi just had a disappointing loan spell with Wolfsburg. Because of that, I think he could now be within our range. I think Warnock could work wonders with him and we could take him on loan.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby pick and shovel » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:34 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:GK - Sam Johnstone on loan. This would free up funds as well.

DF - Greg Cunningham. We need one more left back and one more centre back and Cunningham can play both. I would also consider Tyrone Mings, but he's had a nightmare with injuries at Bournemouth.

MF - Ryan Woods. Woods would be my number one target. A work horse, tenacious, absolute quality on the ball, not a weakness in his game imo.

WG - Josh Murphy. I've just seen footage of him and I didn't realise how many great goals he's scored. He has blistering pace, good balance and can hit it with either foot too.

ST - Mitrovic but he will no doubt go to Fulham. Liverpool's Divock Origi just had a disappointing loan spell with Wolfsburg. Because of that, I think he could now be within our range. I think Warnock could work wonders with him and we could take him on loan.

Are you psychic or something as you are 100% correct so far
pick and shovel

Return to General Chat