Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best Cardiff Striker in the last 10 years?

Poll ended at Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:02 pm

Jay Bothroyd
34%
Ross McCormack
2%
Michael Chopra
64%

Total votes : 89

Best Cardiff Striker in the last 10 years

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:02 pm

Just a bit of fun and interested in people's opinions on this. I don't count Bellamy as a striker as he spent most of his time with us a winger. But id say Jay Bothroyd, as even though he frustrated the hell out of me, he had this amazing technical ability for someone his size and was an amazing target man who could set up goals as well as finish them and make it look easy.

Re: Best Cardiff Striker in the last 10 years

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:38 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Just a bit of fun and interested in people's opinions on this. I don't count Bellamy as a striker as he spent most of his time with us a winger. But id say Jay Bothroyd, as even though he frustrated the hell out of me, he had this amazing technical ability for someone his size and was an amazing target man who could set up goals as well as finish them and make it look easy.

I would say chopra was our best striker as of late,I see Zahore similar to Bothroyd,I would give Bothroyd the technical edge though one on one I d give it to Zahore.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:46 am

Bothroyd and by some distance just a shame he was such a big baby and didn't make the most of his ability should have been a top 8 prem striker really. Mind you at least he wasn't as problematic as the other two what is it with Cardiff and having such "characterful" players :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:42 am

I can see this being a close one against Bothroyd and Chopra. It was pointless including MacCormack.

Since this pair we have have a number of top profile strikers like Miller, Campbell and Maynard but none of them have got close to Bothroyd or Chopra. Strange really as most remember Bothroyd and Chopra for their laziness and drinking respectfully. Yet each one was better than all the rest put together.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:02 am

one a great goal scorer and the other so technically gifted. As other posters suggested, Bothroyd had the skills to go right to the top of the game. But, we haven't seen a goalscorer like Chops have we? Lethal in front of goal. Tough call!! :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:05 am

i went wih Chops with my final judgement based upon goals goals goals :thumbup:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 am

Chops for me although I was a huge Jay fan.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:05 am

I want to know who put McCormack

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 am

At the end of the day a a striker is all about goals so it’s pretty easy - Chopra

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:16 am

Chopra by a country mile.

Bothroyd could've been head and shoulders above but for me, he was too lazy and sat on his arse too much ( similar to earnie in that sense )

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:36 am

Chops every time he came over the hill class

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:54 am

As a goal scorer Chopra was by far the best
If you go for all round ability then Jay is the best I have watched for City in over 50 years

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:10 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZvIUpCsr4

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:42 am

bluebird7291 wrote:I want to know who put McCormack

His mum

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:43 am

GENERAL CHAT wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ZvIUpCsr4

:bluescarf: :thumbup:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:02 pm

I listed McCormack for a start because he's the only striker in our team who managed over 20 goals apart from the other 2 in 10 years and imo was unfairly replaced by Chopra on his return when McCormack was on fire that season. I do tend to agree with most in that Chopra was the better goal sorer and was an assassin in front of goal but for me Bothroyd had everything and on his day was unplayable. Always had a sot spot for Ross though and felt he was treated poorly by Dave Jones and after having an unbelievable season he was shipped out to the wing to fit Michael Chopra in up front.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:19 pm

Why wasn't Ricky Lambert there?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Chopra was lethal in the penalty area. A great goals scorer. On another note is Danny Ward who should be fit for next season Any good as a striker, Never seen him play.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:37 pm

Geoff Blue wrote:Chopra was lethal in the penalty area. A great goals scorer. On another note is Danny Ward who should be fit for next season Any good as a striker, Never seen him play.

I think Danny Ward will chip in with a few goals but he's never going to get 10 for us.
He'll be a good squad player for us though I think :thumbright:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:55 pm

bluemun wrote:Why wasn't Ricky Lambert there?

He's in the next poll. Its between Ricky Lambert, Eddie Johnson, Gary Madine, and Alex Revell in a fatal 4 way :lol: Winner goes through to the next round :lol:

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
bluemun wrote:Why wasn't Ricky Lambert there?

He's in the next poll. Its between Ricky Lambert, Eddie Johnson, Gary Madine, and Alex Revell in a fatal 4 way :lol: Winner goes through to the next round :lol:

Leave Eddie alone the blokes a legend!

Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:21 pm

Chopra was brilliant we've never replaced him

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:53 pm

What's that coming over the hill....

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:06 pm

Bothroyd. One of the most talented players I've seen in a city shirt and unplayable on his day - him vs. Tarrabt when we drew with QPR theat home was a showcase of two of the best players i've ever seen in the championship.

Damn we had a good side that year.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:55 pm

Chops ;)

Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:52 am

I’d bet on Chopra...( so would he!)