Fabianski gonna cost £7m

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Fabianski gonna cost £7m

Postby Pantmawr Bluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:25 pm

According to Sky, West Ham have been told they would have to pay up to £7m for Fabianski from Swansea.

Worth a punt from us at £7m?
Pantmawr Bluebird

Fabianski gonna cost £7m

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Fabianski gonna cost £7m

Postby Gringo22 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:41 pm

No only got 2 good years left in him in the prem if that.
Gringo22

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 pm

F*ck that, he's 34 next season and like the post above says probably has 2 good years left in him. Would rather we follow the Josh Murphy approach and look for a young, hungry player who's looking to prove himself in the top flight and has re-sale value like Sam Johnstone. Also he's available for 5m. F*ck the Jacks.
Bluebird Warrior

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 pm

No chance will we be paying 7m for someone who is 34
2blue2handle

Postby Deano1 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:13 pm

Tom Heaton or Sam Johnstone for me
Deano1

Postby Vacant0 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:24 pm

Why do some people think Swansea are going to be willing to sell him to us or that he would even be keen to come? He's been at Swansea long enough to understand the rivalry between the two clubs.

Regardless, for £7m, no. There are younger and cheaper options out there.
Vacant0

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:26 pm

Vacant0 wrote:Why do some people think Swansea are going to be willing to sell him to us or that he would even be keen to come? He's been at Swansea long enough to understand the rivalry between the two clubs.

Agree.

If he has few similar options and one of those is us, he will choose another option out of respect.
Wayne S

Postby Crayfish » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:16 pm

The guy Dean Henderson who was at Shrewsbury and did brilliantly for them on loan would do for me. Just signed a three year contact for Man Utd but won't get anywhere near the first team with De Gea there. He would jump at the chance of some premier league first team football with us and might be better than Etheridge, a season long loan to us would suit both clubs and us I would have thought.
Crayfish

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:50 pm

we tried to sign out of contract Michael Crowe last week who chose to go to PNE for a better chance of 1st team football.
therefore dont see us signing any of these multi million pounders let alone the OAP variety ones..
dogfound

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:56 pm

All I'm going to say is buffon is 40 and there's rumours he's going to another club....goalkeepers last longer than outfield players usually.

As to some of the rumours linking us with fabianski a big no. Anyone remember agent dimi?
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby FloridaBluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:07 pm

Etheridge deserves his shot in Prem the way he improved over the last season. Why pay a fee when we can find a free transfer for competitive second keeper like Krul etc
FloridaBluebird

Postby Bridgend_bluebird » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:11 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:Etheridge deserves his shot in Prem the way he improved over the last season. Why pay a fee when we can find a free transfer for competitive second keeper like Krul etc

Agreed. Peraonally if it was me I'd bring the youth through. Yea id get some signings but id go to the academy and play them.

Went a bit off topic but etheridge deserves a chance.
Win or lose I'll Be there with my ticket and a pint!
Bridgend_bluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:17 pm

If I was someone like Newcastle or West Ham is sign him. No reason to not have 3 good seasons out of him and 7m isn’t a fortune but for us I think there are free agents out there who will do the job
paulh_85

Postby Bluebina » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:05 pm

Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:According to Sky, West Ham have been told they would have to pay up to £7m for Fabianski from Swansea.

I think he will go for £5Mill in the end, Swansea need to get players off the books and some cash in for signings, the days of playing hardball are over.

They tried pissing about last year with Siggurdson and it cost them promotion because they couldn't get any players in until they knew he was definitely gone.

I would definitely take him, but it doesn't look like Warnock fancies him!!!
Bluebina

Postby dogfound » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Pantmawr Bluebird wrote:According to Sky, West Ham have been told they would have to pay up to £7m for Fabianski from Swansea.

I think he will go for £5Mill in the end, Swansea need to get players off the books and some cash in for signings, the days of playing hardball are over.

They tried pissing about last year with Siggurdson and it cost them promotion because they couldn't get any players in until they knew he was definitely gone.

I would definitely take him, but it doesn't look like Warnock fancies him!!!

he signed a relegation clause therefore is on reduced wages hence the transfer request a day after those crocadile tears ..
which means he is far more desperate to leave and grab some extra dosh than they are to sell him..
im with Warnock we have much better here and can pick up better cover much cheaper
dogfound

Postby BaltimoreBlues » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:35 pm

FloridaBluebird wrote:Etheridge deserves his shot in Prem the way he improved over the last season. Why pay a fee when we can find a free transfer for competitive second keeper like Krul etc

Totally Agree. I think Etheridge will do good in the premier, and would rather we got a second choice keeper for free than pay out stupid money.
BaltimoreBlues

Postby ealing_ayatollah » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 pm

Might be a bit controversial but I don't see the need to sign a keeper at all. Etheridge deserves his chance as number 1 and Murphy has never actually put a foot wrong when called upon over the last few seasons. Further back up from the acadamy as mentioned above.

If we had money then fair enough but on a limited budget i think we should prioritise funds elsewhere.
I'm just a wine drinking monkey that has a penchant for fine bannanas. You can check out my human alter-ego singing and speaking nonsense on the you tube if you like @ https://www.youtube.com/user/sibaronimusic
ealing_ayatollah

Postby phildavies » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:01 am

BaltimoreBlues wrote:

Totally Agree. I think Etheridge will do good in the premier, and would rather we got a second choice keeper for free than pay out stupid money.

Yep far to much obsessing over a second choice keeper on here much bigger priorities
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Bluebina » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:31 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:Might be a bit controversial but I don't see the need to sign a keeper at all. Etheridge deserves his chance as number 1 and Murphy has never actually put a foot wrong when called upon over the last few seasons. Further back up from the acadamy as mentioned above.

If we had money then fair enough but on a limited budget i think we should prioritise funds elsewhere.

I don't really get these views?

A keeper is a unique position, either your good or not, it's not like a Striker who is shit in front of goal but works his bollox off and contributes to the team in other ways.

I think you get as good a keeper as you can possibly afford, out of interest where would you rank Etheridge in the League?

Could you name three worse keepers, Liverpool's and Palace's excluded as they are being replaced after costing their teams big time!

Strikers and Keepers, get as good as you can afford, Etheridge and Zohore would be great back ups.
Bluebina

Postby 2blue2handle » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:56 pm

dogfound wrote:we tried to sign out of contract Michael Crowe last week who chose to go to PNE for a better chance of 1st team football.
therefore dont see us signing any of these multi million pounders let alone the OAP variety ones..

I think we will sign 2 keepers, one to compete with Etheridge and a 3rd younger keeper and release Murphy and pay up Camp.
2blue2handle

Postby Jules » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:43 am

Wayne S wrote:
Vacant0 wrote:Why do some people think Swansea are going to be willing to sell him to us or that he would even be keen to come? He's been at Swansea long enough to understand the rivalry between the two clubs.

Agree.

If he has few similar options and one of those is us, he will choose another option out of respect.

C'mon Wayne, Respect !! 99.9% of players are just money grabbing bar stewards, sobbing one day and putting in a transfer request the next doesn't really show this respect you mention, Younger and better about IMO. :thumbup:
Keeping the Faith since '74.
Jules

Return to General Chat