Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Greg Cunningham done deal?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:10 pm

According to the PNE forum. £3.5m

Greg Cunningham :bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cunningham done deal?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:According to the PNE forum. £3.5m

Their fans are gutted. They say he’ll deffo be first choice LB and will have no problem adapting to the prem.
if we do go back down, we’re signing the sort of players to get us straight back up.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:13 pm

Linky-poos?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:18 pm

paulh_85 wrote:Linky-poos?

Don’t know how to do it mate - I’m a technophobe!!
Google PNE forum and there’s around 12 pages on the thread ‘Cardiff in for Cunningham ‘. Scroll through for the comments on him and the ‘done deal’ part is on the last 2 pages.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:37 pm

bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Their fans are gutted. They say he’ll deffo be first choice LB and will have no problem adapting to the prem.
if we do go back down, we’re signing the sort of players to get us straight back up.

Not sure he should be displacing Bennett just because some PNE fans reckon he should be first choice - surely he has to earn that right in training

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:22 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Not sure he should be displacing Bennett just because some PNE fans reckon he should be first choice - surely he has to earn that right in training

Totally agree mate.
Just saying how highly they rate him which has to be good news and more importantly good competition at left back.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:35 pm

Announced tomorrow hopefully he’s completed his medical seen photos earlier

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:37 pm

BluebirdsTilIDie wrote:Announced tomorrow hopefully he’s completed his medical seen photos earlier

Where u see photos mate?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Competition for places is going to ensure everyone has to be at the races from day one - I'm interested to see who the striker will be. I would expect Madine to be moved on if possible, so we probably need two front men.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Or Bennett is actuallyleaving.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:57 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:
bluebirdoct1962 wrote:

Or Bennett is actuallyleaving.

Similarly, is josh Murphy here to replace Hoilett? Still nowt official re him signing a new contract.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:59 pm

I personally think Bennett is a much better player, especially in the attacking sense. But £4m for Cunningham is very good value. The competition is good for Bennett, as seen with the signing of Traore on loan last season it brought the best out of him.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:03 pm

For those that wanna read.

http://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthr ... a21bb01cdb

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:21 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/carlriley/st ... 70566?s=12

Proof

Re: Greg Cunningham done deal?

Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Pne fans really rate him so looks a gem at 3 or 4m...competition for bennett

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:32 pm

Happy with this signing he’s a better player the bennett from what I have seen of him, some great competition for left back

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:49 pm

Decent signing

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:04 pm

Bennett good Cunningham better imo.

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:37 pm

Dahboy wrote:Bennett good Cunningham better imo.

In a nutshell imho

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 am

Hope this signing happens. I think we also need a right back. Peltier is a great defender but I'm not sure he will cope at Premiership level. Richards should be up to it when fully fit.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:55 am

I'd be pleasantly surprised if he's better than Bennett at left back but at the very least it's great competition.

Just a thought but can he play right back too ?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:58 am

This is the first time I recall that we have signed someone (hopefully) and virtually every single person on his message boards team is complementary about the player and sorry to lose him, should be a great sign.

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:16 am

SSN reporting at 11am that the deal is ‘close’, 3.5m & as we suspected the medical was last night. Guess it should be announced in the next couple of hours. :bluebird:

Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:19 am

New member to the forum but a long term reader !

Really excited about this signing and will be real good competition for bennett . Just need a RB now! :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:08 am

We now have three left backs at the club

Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:30 am

Runman10m wrote:We now have three left backs at the club

Whos the third?

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Jazz richards