Not disclosed

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Not disclosed

Postby soldierblue1880 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:54 pm

Tell me what is the advantage of not disclosing the fee you have paid for a player?......im sure nubbsy will be able to help me with this one
soldierblue1880

Not disclosed

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Not disclosed

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:57 pm

If we disclose how much we spend on players, other clubs will put prices up for their players. Same goes for when you sell a player, clubs will know how much money you have and will increase prices.

More or less all permanent transfers for all clubs are undisclosed fees these days.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby soldierblue1880 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:If we disclose how much we spend on players, other clubs will put prices up for their players. Same goes for when you sell a player, clubs will know how much money you have and will increase prices.

More or less all permanent transfers for all clubs are undisclosed fees these days.

Thank you sir
soldierblue1880

Postby davids » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:59 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:If we disclose how much we spend on players, other clubs will put prices up for their players. Same goes for when you sell a player, clubs will know how much money you have and will increase prices.

I see the logic in what you're saying but it's been widely reported that Murphy was around £11m and Cunningham between £3.5m and £4m.

I remember Warnock laughing when hearing that we'd paid £3m for Tomlin and him saying that it was closer to half of that.

So perhaps the figures being bandied around for our two signings aren't terribly accurate?
davids

Postby dogfound » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:28 pm

davids wrote:

I see the logic in what you're saying but it's been widely reported that Murphy was around £11m and Cunningham between £3.5m and £4m.

I remember Warnock laughing when hearing that we'd paid £3m for Tomlin and him saying that it was closer to half of that.

So perhaps the figures being bandied around for our two signings aren't terribly accurate?

widely reported by the same media outlets that widely reported Snodgras was on his way here and we were in for about 5 different goalkeepers..
one of them guesses then the rest copy .
dogfound

Postby wez1927 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:31 pm

davids wrote:

Agree ,I bet the 11 million for Murphy isn't up front bet it depends on add one like madine was maybe 5.5 mill up front and rest in instalments
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:05 am

Read somewhere, Murphy in region of 6 mil with fee for appearances as well as staying up? Sounds better to me, can’t see us shelling out the joint highest transfer fee of 11 million for a young left winger when Hoilett was one of our top three performers last year. That being said, if Hoilett is not planning on extending his contract then who knows ?
FloridaBluebird

Return to General Chat