Surely A Striker?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Surely A Striker?

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm

With the retained list being released today and the signings of Josh Murphy & Greg Cunningham we must surely be signing a striker who can chip in with 10+ goals a season. A few of the retained list can be either sold or sent out on loan.

We can really do with at least another central creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder unless Grujic is returning . Looks like NW is happy to go with Etheridge rather than bringing in a new keeper with PL experience. We also need a striker that can guarantee goals at that level. I think Zohore May catch a few defences out this season but I believe that we do need a pacey striker with PL experience (e.g. Hernandez) if we don’t sign another striker I can’t see where the goals will come from sufficiently to keep us up.

A couple of decent signings but would be happy to see another keeper come in along with a striker, creative midfielder and a defensive midfielder ideally some with Premier League experience.

Thoughts?
bridgendbluebird30

Surely A Striker?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Surely A Striker?

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Im thinking they might play murphy up front, we do need a striker one who can score goals and know to have score goals, this is where money will be spent most. I have a feeling that danny ward will be the underdog striker next season shame he got injured
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:08 pm

HARRYccfc1927 wrote:Im thinking they might play murphy up front, we do need a striker one who can score goals and know to have score goals, this is where money will be spent most. I have a feeling that danny ward will be the underdog striker next season shame he got injured

With the way we play murphy upfront will get bullied big time and not stand a chance. Yes we do need a quality striker and it needs to be someone who is strong and can hold the ball up and battle with defendes, basically a zohore who can be more deadly infront of goal and score more
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby HARRYccfc1927 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:20 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
HARRYccfc1927 wrote:Im thinking they might play murphy up front, we do need a striker one who can score goals and know to have score goals, this is where money will be spent most. I have a feeling that danny ward will be the underdog striker next season shame he got injured

With the way we play murphy upfront will get bullied big time and not stand a chance. Yes we do need a quality striker and it needs to be someone who is strong and can hold the ball up and battle with defendes, basically a zohore who can be more deadly infront of goal and score more

A zohore who has the mentality of Jamie vardy would be perfect :ayatollah:
CCFC OK
HARRYccfc1927

Return to General Chat