OH OH! Hoillett problems

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OH OH! Hoillett problems

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:53 pm

Junior Hoilett: Cardiff City future unclear

BBC

Thursday 14th June 2028

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock says there is a "slight problem," in the negotiations to keep winger Junior Hoilett at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Hoilett, whose contract expires at the end of June, scored 11 goals in 50 games for the Bluebirds as they were promoted to the Premier League.

Cardiff are also negotiating with Iceland midfielder Aron Gunnarsson whose deal also expires in June.

Warnock explained that it is unclear whether either player will stay.

"Junior we've made a very good offer, but it has not been finalised yet," he said.

"There is a slight problem there and we will have to see if it turns into anything major or if he still wants to be on board.

"I think this is the best place for him, but you do have to have your principles as well, so let's see if we can sort it out in the next few weeks."

Negotiations with Gunnarsson are ongoing, with talks continuing even while the player trains with Iceland ahead of their World Cup opener.

"We are speaking to Gunnarsson's agent, he is trying to get fit for the World Cup at the moment," Warnock confirmed.

Warnock says it is likely some players will depart the Welsh capital as he still intends to make further signings.

"Nearer the season we will make decisions on some players going," he told BBC Sport Wales.

"With two or three players we have said we will discuss their futures in pre-season.

"I am willing to let them go, if they want to go, as they might need to be playing more.

"Hopefully we've got a strong enough squad that some won't be able to get a look-in and they will want to play [elsewhere]. But we will see how we go."
Igovernor

OH OH! Hoillett problems

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: OH OH! Hoillett problems

Postby langstoneBlue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:56 pm

No surprises, was obvious somthing was right for it to take this long.
langstoneBlue

Postby mugsy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:01 pm

Would obviously like to keep him - but if he wants to try his luck elsewhere ( probably for more money ), then so be it. If he is not 100% committed then it's is time to say thank you and goodbye.
mugsy

Postby kimble » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:02 pm

sounds like he is looking for the money and see who comes in for him
kimble

Postby karen » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:04 pm

never liked hoilett, greedy fukin dickhed wanting more muney i bet
karen

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:05 pm

Seems like someone has made him a better offer and he is trying to match that with city, this quote from NW probably means just that
"I think this is the best place for him, but you do have to have your principles as well,
Last edited by Igovernor on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Igovernor

Postby jimmy_rat » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm

Oh well. If he's being a dick let him go. No other premier league club will want him. He's wanted here, loved by the fans and we've obviously made him very rich. If he wants to be a mercenary and end up in Russia, UAE or China then let him.

There's better players out there. We might just have to spend a bit more to get one.
jimmy_rat

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:06 pm

This is the thing that REALLY RILES ME .. Neil has always looked out for Junior, gave him an opportunity and he's repaid us 10fold with some fabulous performances and goals BUT to now potentially look elsewhere for money, are you serious Junior. Big mistake son.
Wolfpac

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:07 pm

mugsy wrote:Would obviously like to keep him - but if he wants to try his luck elsewhere ( probably for more money ), then so be it. If he is not 100% committed then it's is time to say thank you and goodbye.

Yep I have to agree. Good player who had a very good season but if he is only interested in the money so be it. I guess someone else is offering a great big fat signing on fee- Fulham?that will go down well!- and Tan is not willing to do so.
JJ1927

Postby Crayfish » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Half expected this. Don't forget when we signed him the season had already started and he was obviously holding out for a premier league club. When one did not come in he signed for us. Trying the same thing again only holding out for more money this time. Good player but absolutely no loyalty to anyone but himself.
Crayfish

Postby Matthew18CcFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 pm

You’d think there would have been no problems with him signing a new contract after last season, clearly being greedy, no need for that negativity in a club that’s moving forward, best for him to leave if that’s the case, thanks but no thanks
Matthew18CcFC

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:21 pm

had an absolutely fantastic season for us. and like all players is entitled to negotiate contracts....

what a bunch of OTT pathetic coments.
dogfound

Postby GENERAL CHAT » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:26 pm

karen wrote:never liked hoilett, greedy fukin dickhed wanting more muney i bet

Why have you never liked him ?

Almost all players will move for more money.
Last edited by GENERAL CHAT on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Edmund: Have you ever been to Wales, Baldrick?
Baldrick: No, but I've often thought that I'd like to.
Edmund: Well don't. It's a ghastly place. Huge gangs of tough, sinewy men roam the valleys terrifying people with their close-harmony singing
GENERAL CHAT

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:26 pm

Cheerio on your bike mate
bluebird7291

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:27 pm

If he wants too much money ,let him go and replace him quickly, no messing around
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:28 pm

dogfound wrote:had an absolutely fantastic season for us. and like all players is entitled to negotiate contracts....

There's nowt wrong with negotiations however when you're a big time Charlie and do this from club to club, its a bit of a piss take mate.

On your bike Junior, we don't want a deserter in the camp
Wolfpac

Postby paulh_85 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:30 pm

But someone posted a few days ago that he was 100% staying :D
paulh_85

Postby Carlossus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:31 pm

To be honest, if he is holding out for megabucks I dont blame him he has a short career and when he is past his best loyalty and sentiment goes overboard, if he is holding out for a modest financial upgrade compared to what Warnock is offering him, then I would be disappointed, Warnock deserves some loyalty for the faith he put in him.
Carlossus

Postby bluebird7291 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Wolfpac wrote:
dogfound wrote:had an absolutely fantastic season for us. and like all players is entitled to negotiate contracts....

There's nowt wrong with negotiations however when you're a big time Charlie and do this from club to club, its a bit of a piss take mate.

So true. He wants to watch as hes burning a bridge with a manager who saved his career.
He needs to preform at his next club or that could really ruin his ego.
bluebird7291

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:35 pm

We gave him a chance of first team football under a manager who really knows him and how to get the best out of him.

You can see his quality and you can't really blame him for keeping his options open, he is out of contract so he is doing nothing wrong atm.

I hope he stays because he is someone we will need next season because if we want to replace him it will cost us a bit.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby dogfound » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Wolfpac wrote:

did as much as any player in turning around our fortunes...
you dont know what offer has been made or why he hasnt signed...
and no its not a piss take to take time and negotiate a deal your happy with.
does he want mega bucks..? is he a big time charlie..? or a dickhead and deserter..?
unreal
dogfound

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:00 pm

Wolfpac wrote:..... On your bike Junior, we don't want a deserter in the camp

By default, a deserter would be nowhere near the camp.

Just trying to lighten the mood but I'm with you. The world has gone money crazy with people seeing nothing wrong in getting what you can. Why isn't it all about getting what you need.

It's a greedy, greedy world.
Wayne S

Postby joeywills98 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:30 pm

Swap deal apparently we’re getting Jay Emmanuel-Thomas back
joeywills98

Postby Carlossus » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Wayne S wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:..... On your bike Junior, we don't want a deserter in the camp

By default, a deserter would be nowhere near the camp.

Just trying to lighten the mood but I'm with you. The world has gone money crazy with people seeing nothing wrong in getting what you can. Why isn't it all about getting what you need.

It's a greedy, greedy world.

I agree with you it is a greedy world, just cant help wondering how many of our loyal fans would turn down huge sums of money out of loyalty to someone who would discard them with no compassion once someone better comes along.
Carlossus

Postby Stants Step over » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Jesus christ, why do you allow your agent to take a percentage of your salary ? To get the best deal !!!!!

Agent vs Choo ! Who blinks first competition.

Glad most of you are not doing the Brexit negotiations
Stants Step over

Postby Wayne S » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:46 pm

"There is a slight problem ..... see if it turns into anything major"

"I think this is the best place for him, but you do have to have your principles as well"

Are these Hoiletts principles? Is there an issue in camp that Hoilett cannot ignore?

Interesting quotes.
Wayne S

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:47 pm

dogfound wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:

did as much as any player in turning around our fortunes...
you dont know what offer has been made or why he hasnt signed...
and no its not a piss take to take time and negotiate a deal your happy with.
does he want mega bucks..? is he a big time charlie..? or a dickhead and deserter..?
unreal

Absolutely agree with this but isn’t it typical of so many on this forum that when something happens all the hate, naive and ridiculous comments come out?
Nobody on here knows what’s going on and what offers and discussions are taking place but assume the worst and start their inane comments. At least give the guy a chance first.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Bonner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:06 pm

Fab player for us, he will stay, just all part of the drama..
Bonner

Postby phildavies » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:07 pm

Some of our fans are a disgrace. So quick to turn on players and acuse then of things even though they have no idea what is actually happening.
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Bonner » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:13 pm

phildavies wrote:Some of our fans are a disgrace. So quick to turn on players and acuse then of things even though they have no idea what is actually happening.

Totally agree.. , bit prob a lot only kids
Bonner

Next

Return to General Chat