World cup signings?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

World cup signings?

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:34 pm

Does anyone think warnock and tan will be taking an interest in the world cup and be willing to act and sign a wildcard signing(not one thats planned) if they fancy any players from the tournemant?
Could get some real gems and bargains.

Early example could be denis cherysov scored 2 goals for russia tonight ex real madrid currently at villareal and current market value at 3 million on transfermarkt, be a good signing especially if hoilett dosent sign and stay
RhiwEbbwBluebird

World cup signings?

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: World cup signings?

Postby DandoCCFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 pm

I hope so, sick of hearing the same names and the same places to get players which is anywhere in the UK, if we wanna really have a chance we need to explore outside of the market in the UK.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:I hope so, sick of hearing the same names and the same places to get players which is anywhere in the UK, if we wanna really have a chance we need to explore outside of the market in the UK.

Yes buying a few solid british players will be good for the team and team spirit but only so much quality here and within our budget we get better abroad i think. If we sign all championship players like everyone on here is going on about we will end up back in the championship
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby phildavies » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:19 pm

Yes but so will every other team in the world. Usually a few gems from Asia get brought up by European clubs post World Cup so watch out for Japan and South Korea. A few Africans aswell usually. Anyone really looking forward to watching the games tomorrow. Put a bet on Suarez to be top scorer so hopefully he bags a few. :ayatollah:
city till i die.............................................

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:58 pm

Nope. All the signs are cost budget and limited scouting range.. It’s all low cost British, and if any one pops up in World Cup - it’s out of our price range...Tan is a donk..
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:34 pm

Bargain Buys ????
TopCat CCFC

Postby KWest » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 pm

Warnock said himself just today that he’s watching a couple players at the World Cup. My assumption is they’ll be playing for the lesser nations, and be players he thinks he can get more out of with his man management. There’s no way we go in for anyone who ends up being a star of the tournament.
KWest

Postby phildavies » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:41 am

Thought I’d also add to this by telling of 4 players at the event I think it’s worth Cardiff keeping an eye on for potential transfers

Ayoub El Kaabi- Morrocco Striker currently playing in his domestic c league only 24 and got a ludicrous goal scoring record for club and country (11 goals in 10 games) maybe worth a look

Christian Cueva- Peru attacking midfielder very creative something we are desperately missing currently in Brazil wages likely to high for us but I expect him to move to Europe this summer

Moussa Wagué- Senegal 19 year old RB playing for Eupen in Belgium we desperately need to sign a RB IMO and whilst this guy may not be a starter is certainly one to keep an eye on for the future he has ludicrous pace and looks promising

Alireza Jahanbakhsh- Iran Winger/Cam have already said about this guy on here before currently playing Holland for AZ. probably cost us to much but trust my words he will end up at a massive European club soon enough the guy is quality pace, skills and goals.

Trying to combat the underrating of our own players and overestimating of other teams on this board
phildavies

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:08 am

Anybody who performs well at the World Cup will be well out of our price range. A few goals and there value will treble.
Llan_Blue

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:33 am

That Russian guy Dzuba [?] who came on yesterday is a beast. He held the ball up and distributed brilliantly to bring the attacking midfielder & wingers into play, as well as scoring a great header.
Bluebird For Life

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:32 am

buying someone who wasnt good enough to start the game then scored twice against saudi arabia screams panic buy to me.

but its typical of a world cup season that these sorts of things happen
paulh_85

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:05 am

KWest wrote:Warnock said himself just today that he’s watching a couple players at the World Cup. My assumption is they’ll be playing for the lesser nations, and be players he thinks he can get more out of with his man management. There’s no way we go in for anyone who ends up being a star of the tournament.

Interesting.. where did he say that mate?
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:10 am

phildavies wrote:Thought I’d also add to this by telling of 4 players at the event I think it’s worth Cardiff keeping an eye on for potential transfers

Ayoub El Kaabi- Morrocco Striker currently playing in his domestic c league only 24 and got a ludicrous goal scoring record for club and country (11 goals in 10 games) maybe worth a look

Christian Cueva- Peru attacking midfielder very creative something we are desperately missing currently in Brazil wages likely to high for us but I expect him to move to Europe this summer

Moussa Wagué- Senegal 19 year old RB playing for Eupen in Belgium we desperately need to sign a RB IMO and whilst this guy may not be a starter is certainly one to keep an eye on for the future he has ludicrous pace and looks promising

Alireza Jahanbakhsh- Iran Winger/Cam have already said about this guy on here before currently playing Holland for AZ. probably cost us to much but trust my words he will end up at a massive European club soon enough the guy is quality pace, skills and goals.

Some good examples there and thats the type of players we could target, we all know vincent tan likes to try and unearth the next marez or vardy and get a bargain, we always seem to sign unknown players out of nowhere like fred saadi damour
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 am

paulh_85 wrote:buying someone who wasnt good enough to start the game then scored twice against saudi arabia screams panic buy to me.

So you wouldnt be happy if we signed an ex real madrid player whos a russian international?
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby paulh_85 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:32 am

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:buying someone who wasnt good enough to start the game then scored twice against saudi arabia screams panic buy to me.

So you wouldnt be happy if we signed an ex real madrid player whos a russian international?

played twice for Real Madrid and has been a bit part player for club and country all his career

Might be a decent player, im just saying im not jumping to conclusions after 60 minutes against one of the worst world cup nations ever. (excellent second goal mind!)
paulh_85

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:13 am

paulh_85 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:

played twice for Real Madrid and has been a bit part player for club and country all his career

Might be a decent player, im just saying im not jumping to conclusions after 60 minutes against one of the worst world cup nations ever. (excellent second goal mind!)

But obviously got some pedigree being an ex real madrid player. Unless your gonna be spending big money out of
our budget cant see there being any players available that quality anyway, but that was just an example cooukd be some good ones out there hopefully we can get one or two good ones from the world cup because we are crying out for quality in our team
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:That Russian guy Dzuba [?] who came on yesterday is a beast. He held the ball up and distributed brilliantly to bring the attacking midfielder & wingers into play, as well as scoring a great header.

I wasn't suggesting we should sign him based on having seen him for 20 minutes for the first time - just that he looked a handful and has a very good scoring record at international level. The Saudi's were very poor, but as the old saying goes, "you can only play what's put in front of you" and he did that to great effect.
Bluebird For Life

Postby phildavies » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:01 pm

He will be on a ludicrous wage in Russia anyway as are most of their own players. Bringing In a quota for Russian players has actually be detrimental to the game out their.

phildavies

Postby Wolfpac » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:09 pm

Bluebird For Life wrote:
Bluebird For Life wrote:That Russian guy Dzuba [?] who came on yesterday is a beast. He held the ball up and distributed brilliantly to bring the attacking midfielder & wingers into play, as well as scoring a great header.

I wasn't suggesting we should sign him based on having seen him for 20 minutes for the first time - just that he looked a handful and has a very good scoring record at international level. The Saudi's were very poor, but as the old saying goes, "you can only play what's put in front of you" and he did that to great effect.

Apparently falling out at every club he's been at which is why he was loaned out to Arsenal Tula because Mancini had enough of him, what does he do when he's loaned out, scores against his club and celebrates wildly to the annoyance of Mancini :laughing5: a bit of a character but its a no from me.
Wolfpac

Postby bluemun » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:43 pm

The Egyptian keeper....total class
bluemun

Postby Llan_Blue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:57 pm

bluemun wrote:The Egyptian keeper....total class

Yeah be a good idea to try an sign a 45 year old Egyptian goalkeeper.
Llan_Blue

Postby phildavies » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:
bluemun wrote:The Egyptian keeper....total class

Yeah be a good idea to try an sign a 45 year old Egyptian goalkeeper.

He was 29 the old man was on the bench :thumbup:

phildavies

Postby JB1 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:48 pm

Hal Robson Kanu signed for WBA off the back of his goal against Belgium in the Euros. There's a 2.5 goal a season striker, right there!
JB1

Postby Bluebird For Life » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:01 pm

that Ronaldo looks promising :notworthy:
Bluebird For Life

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:18 pm

I think it was sir Alex who said don't buy players on the back of just a good world cup, I think referring to Karel Poborski.
2blue2handle

Return to General Chat