NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR PLAYERS

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR PLAYERS

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:51 am

DandoCCFC wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
DandoCCFC wrote:I don't see why we really need a goalkeeper, I think that's the least of our worries.

This obsession with experience for goalkeepers is strange because it doesn't really guarantee you anything look at Joe Hart with West Ham and Stoke had Butland and West Brom with Foster, all excellent calibre of keepers and you can't put the blame all on them last 2 mentioned but they were at fault and made a couple of clangers in the season.

Marshall didn't have any experience and came out as probably our best player.

Joe Hart is pants

Bar 1 season with Birmingham and maybe 1 or 2 seasons with City he was the business but you know a flood of top clubs will be in for him based on 'experience'.

I think I read that he was off to Nice ?
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby brickyblue » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:01 am

I think fabianski is the keeper I would sign I do think we need a keeper.If etheridge distribution isnt corrected and the fact he will go to Asia up I think we need a keeper.
Defo need to sort midfield out we are short there and we ain't gonna get chance after chance to score goals so when we do they have to go in .So striker is needed.
As for hoilet hope he stays as for gunna I'm not sure about him gives his all yes but he's not the quickest I don't no he gave away free kicks a lot when he came back and his distribution wasn't brilliant so I'm not sure there but to be fair he was out for a long time as was thrown back in.

Im sure Nw and Mr Tan have made a plan to keep us up but if the budget is 25/30 million I think that's unrealistic and unfair on the coaching staff to be expected to keep us up.
We'll see I'm sure they no what they are doing after all we have to stay up 4 from bottom and job done I'd be happy.
Have to compete against those around us especially Fulham and wolves those games are huge.
What are they spending anyone no ?
brickyblue

Postby soldierblue1880 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:15 am

langstoneBlue wrote:Slightly worrying artical and quotes for a few reasons:
1. The suggesting we have spent half if not more of our total budget on two players, that in my mind weren't priority positions to strengthen.

2. Defence.. Will have to disagree with NW here, I really can't see Pelts or Manga as adequate RB in the prem. Even last season teams targeted us and had success down that side.. To not sign a quality RB is very risky.

3. I get the whole play down expectations etc, it worked last year.. But must admit hearing how our budget is half that of anyone else at best in every interview is starting to feel a little defeatist.

Still early days though

Totally agree with your assessment,Warnock is going slightly overboard with his pleading poverty comments
soldierblue1880

Postby bluemun » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:31 pm

If Etheridge gets injured we haven't got a good enough back up. I'd like to see either Johnstone or Henderson from Man U on loan for the season
bluemun

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:54 pm

bluemun wrote:If Etheridge gets injured we haven't got a good enough back up. I'd like to see either Johnstone or Henderson from Man U on loan for the season

Exactly what if he broke his leg the day after the window closes we could potentially be left with Murphy if he signs and Camp :banghead: Etheridge needs competition.
2blue2handle

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR PLAYERS '

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:41 pm

streamfeeder wrote:they spent just under 50 mill last season, imagine they will spend the same again this year as theres a lot more parachute payments if you survive one year in the prem, i think i read on here they made a profit last season so i would guess they will spend 60m and we have 30 mill in transfer fees, which if we are looking at two more permanants and three loans i dont think i will be a million miles away

There was an article the other day which stated that ALL 20 Premiership teams made a profit :shock: Swansea had the lowest profit margin whilst Man United were the most profitable.

So Huddersfield despite spending a reported £40m last season still made a profit. :D
Tony Blue Williams

Re: ' NEIL WARNOCK CONFIRMS HE HAS OFFERED ON FOUR PLAYERS '

Postby Steve Zodiak » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
streamfeeder wrote:they spent just under 50 mill last season, imagine they will spend the same again this year as theres a lot more parachute payments if you survive one year in the prem, i think i read on here they made a profit last season so i would guess they will spend 60m and we have 30 mill in transfer fees, which if we are looking at two more permanants and three loans i dont think i will be a million miles away

There was an article the other day which stated that ALL 20 Premiership teams made a profit :shock: Swansea had the lowest profit margin whilst Man United were the most profitable.

So Huddersfield despite spending a reported £40m last season still made a profit. :D

I suppose the difference for us is that we are starting off with £100m plus worth of debt. We need to make a tidy profit next season if we are to make a bit of a dent in the debt.
Steve Zodiak

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:15 pm

To be honest I'm not sure why warnock has mentioned this, maybe to put some pressure on him but I think things like this are better left in house. I love his honesty but sometimes I do think shhh.
2blue2handle

Previous

Return to General Chat