France v Aussies VAR

A forum for all things Cardiff City

France v Aussies VAR

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 am

That france penalty decision given by VAR was awful

Whats the point in slowing the game down if they are still going to get it wrong
thomasblue

France v Aussies VAR

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: France v Aussies VAR

Postby Bananas » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:43 am

100% a penalty :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:52 am

If the player touches the ball first it is not a penalty

The referee has to be 100% certain and there is no way he could have been

It was a very poor decision
thomasblue

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 pm

thomasblue wrote:If the player touches the ball first it is not a penalty

I don’t think he touched the ball. The ball didn’t change direction and I don’t think the spin of the ball changed with the way it was rolling on the pitch, which is the clearest sign if the player got any touch to the ball. I would have 100% given the penalty.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:16 pm

In argies game they got pen but Iceland player literally didn't do anything to warrant pen so why wasnt var used ? Then later argies were denied a pen when a player had foot taken away and ref was saying it was a dive? Var is a shambles because it is subjective which means it is not consistant :old:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I don’t think he touched the ball. The ball didn’t change direction and I don’t think the spin of the ball changed with the way it was rolling on the pitch, which is the clearest sign if the player got any touch to the ball. I would have 100% given the penalty.

You would have given pen but ref didn't? :laughing6:
Just saw slow motion of it and whilst he did not touch ball the attacker wasn't fouled either he appeared to lift his foot up to catch defender after he was passed him then he fell over! Var is suppose to sort out fact from fiction but refs don't seem to know difference?
pembroke allan

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:43 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

Just saw slow motion of it and whilst he did not touch ball the attacker wasn't fouled either he appeared to lift his foot up to catch defender after he was passed him then he fell over! Var is suppose to sort out fact from fiction but refs don't seem to know difference?

I'm confused now because the ref did give the pen? There was clear contact on the attackers leg, he may have left his leg there waiting for the contact, but that's just clever play. 100% penalty for me, I agree with the ref and I think the VAR helped achieve the correct decision on this occasion.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby thomasblue » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:48 pm

If you cant be sure whether he touched the ball or not you cannot give the penalty.
The ball changes direction as the player slides to it. That is either a slight touch by the player or the spin on the ball.
If the decision is not clear then you cannot give the penalty.
The referee didnt originally give the penalty VAR flagged up a apparent clear mistake.

Then in the Argentina game they didnt give a clear penalty and didnt even review it ?

The system is flawed and shouldnt be used at this level until they work out how to use it properly.
thomasblue

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:14 pm

thomasblue wrote:If you cant be sure whether he touched the ball or not you cannot give the penalty.
The ball changes direction as the player slides to it. That is either a slight touch by the player or the spin on the ball.
The referee didnt originally give the penalty VAR flagged up a apparent clear mistake.

Then in the Argentina game they didnt give a clear penalty and didnt even review it ?

The system is flawed and shouldnt be used at this level until they work out how to use it properly.

And apparently Peru pen tonight was dubious according to news report . Trouble is will it start making decisions for refs because today it is overturning what refs have decided when it was not clear and obvious mistake which is the criteria they're suppose to use it by, :old:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:21 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:

I'm confused now because the ref did give the pen? There was clear contact on the attackers leg, he may have left his leg there waiting for the contact, but that's just clever play. 100% penalty for me, I agree with the ref and I think the VAR helped achieve the correct decision on this occasion.

Did ref give it originally? if so why go to touchline to review his decision they're suppose to go to touchline only to review something they missed or not given ! Shows how messed up var is!
Unfortunately only saw him at touchline so don't know if he did give the pen originally :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby Tonteg Bluebird » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:23 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
thomasblue wrote:If you cant be sure whether he touched the ball or not you cannot give the penalty.

And apparently Peru pen tonight was dubious according to news report . Trouble is will it start making decisions for refs because today it is overturning what refs have decided when it was not clear and obvious mistake which is the criteria they're suppose to use it by, :old:

The Peru penalty was a clear penalty. Poulson took his trailing leg. As Gary Lineker says, VAR is making the game fair. If VAR was used for our games last season, we would have been a minimum of 8 points better off. VAR will also stop the biase towards the bigger clubs and London clubs against us with decisions next season.

It's a good thing for us, VAR is improving the number of correct decisions per game and is making the game a lot fairer for the less favoured teams. I don't think Burnley had a single penalty last season for example, so VAR will definitely help ourselves, Burnley, Huddersfield etc from getting shafted by the officials so often.
Tonteg Bluebird

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

The Peru penalty was a clear penalty. Poulson took his trailing leg. As Gary Lineker says, VAR is making the game fair. If VAR was used for our games last season, we would have been a minimum of 8 points better off. VAR will also stop the biase towards the bigger clubs and London clubs against us with decisions next season.

It's a good thing for us, VAR is improving the number of correct decisions per game and is making the game a lot fairer for the less favoured teams. I don't think Burnley had a single penalty last season for example, so VAR will definitely help ourselves, Burnley, Huddersfield etc from getting shafted by the officials so often.

Unfortunately I am in Rhodes so missing games only going by news report! Maybe right about helping smaller clubs but do you want refs to make decisions or a machine? Because guarantee they will go way of rugby and look at everything that goes on? Refs boss callela said linos told not to give close offsides so that player can possibly go on and score then let var decide if was offside or not? because once lino flags cannot review decision , so already they want var to make a decision not officials. what's next is the question . :old:
pembroke allan

Postby Bananas » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:39 pm

100% a penalty :thumbup:
Bananas

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Bananas wrote:100% a penalty :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:14 pm

I've watched it and for me it isn't a penalty he clearly leaves his foot there looking for the contact, if he's looking for a penalty then it shouldn't be awarded.

I'm not fully up on the rules I'll admit it but based on that it'll soon be at a point where a defender won't dare make a tackle.
WelshPatriot

Postby pembroke allan » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:12 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:I've watched it and for me it isn't a penalty he clearly leaves his foot there looking for the contact, if he's looking for a penalty then it shouldn't be awarded.

I'm not fully up on the rules I'll admit it but based on that it'll soon be at a point where a defender won't dare make a tackle.

That's the point of var to make sure it's s legitimate decision but as you point out players are kidding refs to give pen but var is not seeing it they just see contact and not the fact player is deliberately looking for the contact which is cheating? A pen is suppose to be for a deliberate foul or handball not for any contact in area! :old: :o
pembroke allan

Return to General Chat