“ CARDIFF CITY’S 2018/19 HOME KIT “

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: “ CARDIFF CITY’S 2018/19 HOME KIT “

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:43 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Does "It's landing" have a hidden message ?

Maybe sponsorship from an airline

apart from a plane what else takes off and lands? A bird....A BLUEBIRD! What if the new kit matches what we are - bluebirds! Blue, white and a tiny bit of yellow somewhere on it? Just another take on it? But your right it could well be the sponsorship and probably more likely!
Once a blue always a blue44

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Postby Once a blue always a blue44 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 pm

Actually I wonder when Morrison turns around to reveal the front of the kit - ITS RED :lol: :lol: :roll:
Once a blue always a blue44

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Qatar Airlines recently done a deal with Cardiff airport.... Maybe.
bluebird7291

Postby Wayne S » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:02 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

Qatar Airlines recently done a deal with Cardiff airport.... Maybe.

Attachments
barcelona-qatar_airways.jpg
barcelona-qatar_airways.jpg (42.31 KiB) Viewed 2959 times
Wayne S

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:11 pm

I’m sure Tan said recently we’ll be sticking with Visit Malaysia?
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby bluebird7291 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I’m sure Tan said recently we’ll be sticking with Visit Malaysia?

You also get a sleeve sponsor in the prem
bluebird7291

Postby Sven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:57 pm

Once a blue always a blue44 wrote:Can anyone see the Inprint of the front collar on the back? It looks like a V neck shape? Love the BLUEBIRD!

No, I think it's just the shape of the 'strengthening' double fabric (where the inner size label goes) at the base of the neck :ayatollah:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby WelshPatriot » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:56 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:About time that we saw a bit of yellow on the kit. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is some this season (single stripe/piping to go with the white Adidas stripes?)

No yellow for me. We are blue and white. Yellow had it's day on the home kit.

Think you will find that many City fans like the yellow on the shirt. First worn over 40 years ago so it always makes an appearance. You can’t stick to blue/white every season otherwise fans will not buy it. There is always a need to change the collar, colour, etc for business reasons. We have not seen any yellow on any of the Adidas shirts to date.

What survey have you got "many city fans like the yellow on the shirt"

Personally can't stand it, my son prefers all blue and most mates.
WelshPatriot

Postby Barclay1 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:35 pm

I think the away kit will be sky blue. Ken choo had sky blue on his City track top and some of the ads have had sky blue flashes across them. Home kit reveal is OK... Seems a bit plain. Although i accept that some people like a plain kit I prefer a different colour piping, pinstripe, collar or 'watermark' style pattern.
1st Game 24th Nov 1973 City v Bolton 1-0 (Gil Reece)
Barclay1

Postby CP25Bluebird » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:About time that we saw a bit of yellow on the kit. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is some this season (single stripe/piping to go with the white Adidas stripes?)

Think you will find that many City fans like the yellow on the shirt. First worn over 40 years ago so it always makes an appearance. You can’t stick to blue/white every season otherwise fans will not buy it. There is always a need to change the collar, colour, etc for business reasons. We have not seen any yellow on any of the Adidas shirts to date.

I wouldn't mind Yellow on the Kit, think we would be better off having a Yellow away kit. Could go for a look similar to Juventus's Away kit from this year
CP25Bluebird

Postby Dahboy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:07 pm

I've seen it and I'm not to fussed.
Dahboy

Postby mugsy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:08 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Oooo I like your thinking.

Surely the landing refers to the Bluebird!
mugsy

Postby rhondda 1015 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:37 pm

I don't buy them, but I reckon last year's shirt was the worst selling one for many years due to the juvenile writing on the 'Visit Malaysia' logo. It looked like it'd been done in one of those t-shirt transfer shops that used to be in the Fair. Hopefully that's been changed, if so, they will get record sales next season.
VALLEY LEAFLETS, TONYPANDY,RCT--A RELIABLE DISTRIBUTION SERVICE FOR YOUR LEAFLETS/BUSINESS CARDS/BROCHURES ETC...

SECOND TIME AROUND
RECORD SHOP
TONYPANDY
RCT
CF40 1QD
rhondda 1015

Postby Walinoz » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:14 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:I don't buy them, but I reckon last year's shirt was the worst selling one for many years due to the juvenile writing on the 'Visit Malaysia' logo. It looked like it'd been done in one of those t-shirt transfer shops that used to be in the Fair. Hopefully that's been changed, if so, they will get record sales next season.

Another reason not to buy is the badge , just a plastic stuck on badge as opposed to a classy embroidered badge
Hope it’s the latter
Walinoz

Postby CF14 Blue » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:14 pm

Dahboy wrote:I've seen it and I'm not to fussed.

Is it the same as the Japan shirt?
CF14 Blue

Postby Tomshort1927 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:21 pm

Walinoz wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:I don't buy them, but I reckon last year's shirt was the worst selling one for many years due to the juvenile writing on the 'Visit Malaysia' logo. It looked like it'd been done in one of those t-shirt transfer shops that used to be in the Fair. Hopefully that's been changed, if so, they will get record sales next season.

Another reason not to buy is the badge , just a plastic stuck on badge as opposed to a classy embroidered badge
Hope it’s the latter

Our badge has always been stitched on though?
Tomshort1927

Postby Buchanan's Exocet » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:12 pm

Walinoz wrote:

Hope it’s the latter

And it's a crap badge.
A touch of yellow trim on the kit would be nice though.
Memories fade but the scars still linger!
Buchanan's Exocet

Postby Bluebird For Life » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:18 pm

A modern take on the 1976 kit with the yellow and white stripe would be a winner for me. Different to anything else in the prem except maybe Crystal Palace and would be instantly recognizable as a CCFC brand/
Bluebird For Life

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their own preference however you would have seen over many years on this forum the same topic has cropped up and there has been much support for a Cardiff kit with yellow included. Just because you ‘can’t stand’ it believe it or not but many feel the opposite. Everyone’s taste is different. I have followed Cardiff since 1968 & have seen numerous Cardiff kits with yellow included, it’s not new. There is no need to hold ‘surveys’ you just need to follow this forum on a regular basis over many years and you will see that this is the case.
bridgendbluebird30

Postby Wayne S » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:47 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Wayne S wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their own preference however you would have seen over many years on this forum the same topic has cropped up and there has been much support for a Cardiff kit with yellow included. Just because you ‘can’t stand’ it believe it or not but many feel the opposite. Everyone’s taste is different. I have followed Cardiff since 1968 & have seen numerous Cardiff kits with yellow included, it’s not new. There is no need to hold ‘surveys’ you just need to follow this forum on a regular basis over many years and you will see that this is the case.

That's because this forum is synonymous with a certain era of fans, me included. Many grew up knowing of the classic blue shirt with yellow and white stripes.

We loved shirt but was a severe change from our normal colours at the time. My father nearly gave up going because of it and my mother bought me the shirt. It was amazing their marriage survived. :lol:
Wayne S

Postby Forever Blue » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:28 am

The new Leicester City kit
Attachments
Del5uN7UwAAHmbw.jpg
Del5uN7UwAAHmbw.jpg (50.64 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Wayne S » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:01 am

Wayne S

Previous

Return to General Chat