Troy deeney

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Troy deeney

Postby Matthewccfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:14 am

Apparently watford listening to offers for deeney, would love to see him in a city shirt and surely not out of our budget??
Matthewccfc

Troy deeney

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Troy deeney

Postby JJ1927 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:32 am

Matthewccfc wrote:Apparently watford listening to offers for deeney, would love to see him in a city shirt and surely not out of our budget??

They want £10 million apparently. Got to be worth considering and he would probably fit in down here.
JJ1927

Postby Matthewccfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:36 am

I'd snap their hands off for 10 million!
Matthewccfc

Postby wez1927 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:37 am

10 million I would get him
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:43 am

wez1927 wrote:10 million I would get him

perfect fit :thumbup: a big character, a Warnock type
ThomasC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 am

I was going to laugh at you all as I thought he was about 33.
Just checked and he's 29 so still has a couple of years in the tank.
10 mill is good value :thumbright:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby buckleys brewery » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:30 am

Don’t know whether Deeney would come here. But this is the standard of striker, we need.
buckleys brewery

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:33 am

Used to score lots of goals in the championship only 5 in 29 matches in the premiership but not anymore, it's a no from me :thumbup:
Igovernor

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:01 am

Good mates with NML, lost his way a bit at Watford but no denying his ability, fresh start for him could do world of good.

Never forget his goal against Leicester in play offs, what a goal that was and the celebrations were mental
Wolfpac

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:08 am

Wolfpac wrote:Good mates with NML, lost his way a bit at Watford but no denying his ability, fresh start for him could do world of good.

Never forget his goal against Leicester in play offs, what a goal that was and the celebrations were mental

DEEEEENEEEEEEEY - Can here it now :laughing5:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Bluebina » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:09 am

ThomasC wrote:
wez1927 wrote:10 million I would get him

perfect fit :thumbup: a big character, a Warnock type

Agreed this sounds like about the right type for us and a good match for Warnock and our fans, we should be spending at least this on a Striker, and Warnock could get the best out of him again !!!
Bluebina

Postby Wolfpac » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:15 am

CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:
Wolfpac wrote:Good mates with NML, lost his way a bit at Watford but no denying his ability, fresh start for him could do world of good.

Mate I was watching it in disbelief, me and dad screaming at the screen because that 1 minute sums up why football is life, the penalty, the save, the ball up top to forestieri, the cross, head back then that finish by Deeney

"DEEEEEENEY"

runs off into crowd, Zola runs and slips :laughing5:

Moments like that you'll never forget and as a neutral it was great to watch
Wolfpac

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 am

He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best
Milkybarkid

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:46 am

Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level. i say out of favour because were going way above our price range otherwise.
ThomasC

Postby CaerphillyBluebird15 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:49 am

Wolfpac wrote:
CaerphillyBluebird15 wrote:

Mate I was watching it in disbelief, me and dad screaming at the screen because that 1 minute sums up why football is life, the penalty, the save, the ball up top to forestieri, the cross, head back then that finish by Deeney

"DEEEEEENEY"

runs off into crowd, Zola runs and slips :laughing5:

Moments like that you'll never forget and as a neutral it was great to watch

I was the same mate. I watched it in the house but I went to the pub after the final whistle. Everyone was talking about it for weeks. For me, It showed why football is the greatest sport in the world. :ayatollah:
Against Modern Football
CaerphillyBluebird15

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:50 am

ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:He has passed his best and we would just get him on a downward curve and pay a hefty price for him People say he has lost his way when really he is passed his best

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?
Milkybarkid

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:53 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

name a better option who is out of favour, under 30, has scored goals at this level.

At some stage players go backwards and people just remember them for what they did rather than what they are likely to do in the future The time to have had Him was when we were in the premier league last time How many goals did he get last year ?

I'd make the case for him that he's done well and could do so again. I agree it's not perfect but were not high-end shopping these days.
ThomasC

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:55 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

His returns over last 3 years are 13,10,5 in premiership We need to get some young hungry stricker who will be value for money and not a strain on our finances which I think he would be
Milkybarkid

Postby ThomasC » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:59 am

Milkybarkid wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

His returns over last 3 years are 13,10,5 in premiership We need to get some young hungry stricker who will be value for money and not a strain on our finances which I think he would be

both decisions come with risk. Up to the club. I just feel this signing is in-keeping with the seasoned-pro approach Warnock likes.
ThomasC

Postby Bluesman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:01 am

To fat and slow.
Bluesman

Postby Matthewccfc » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:14 am

I just honestly think their is no better option out there for 10 million whos proven in the premier league! Fits the bill perfectly
Matthewccfc

Postby soldierblue1880 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:22 am

Matthewccfc wrote:Apparently watford listening to offers for deeney, would love to see him in a city shirt and surely not out of our budget??

The only trouble is that Warnock would feel the need to fly to Malaysia for another 10 day jolly to square it with Tan.......only joking
soldierblue1880

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:04 pm

Seems to be on the decline to me and im not sure Warnock or Tan would want 10m spent on someone who is 30.
2blue2handle

Postby Igovernor » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:37 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

I'd make the case for him that he's done well and could do so
again. I agree it's not perfect but were not high-end shopping these days.

5 in 29 not sure how many of those appearancrs were starts
Igovernor

Postby Milkybarkid » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:59 pm

Igovernor wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:
ThomasC wrote:

I'd make the case for him that he's done well and could do so
again. I agree it's not perfect but were not high-end shopping these days.

5 in 29 not sure how many of those appearancrs were starts

nearly half of his goals are penalties I know someone has to score then but his record is not great with penalties and awful without them
Milkybarkid

Postby CF3BLUE » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:35 pm

This would be a cracking signing.
Fits the mould.
CF3BLUE

Postby Bluesman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Must get better than Deeney.10M for a 30 year old no way.
Bluesman

Postby Gringo22 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:48 pm

What you expect for 10 million we need someone experienced in the prem hes that. You won't get much better for that and we don't want to get another acorn.
Gringo22

Postby 2blue2handle » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:22 pm

Gringo22 wrote:What you expect for 10 million we need someone experienced in the prem hes that. You won't get much better for that and we don't want to get another acorn.

Im not bothered if they have prem experience or not, I just want the right striker. Lots of players have prem experience it doesn't mean they are up to it.
2blue2handle

Postby FloridaBluebird » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm

Anyone know his wages he’s on at the minute?
FloridaBluebird

Next

Return to General Chat