Hey Jude in the premiership

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:52 am

Just listening to hey jude on the radio, would be great to have this back especially now we are in the premiership and in blue this time, what better time to bring it back and would create a special atmosphere for our home matches and really get the crowd and players going.
Ive seen a few posts about bringing it back previously but is this realistic and possible??
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Hey Jude in the premiership

Postby Milkybarkid » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:48 am

I can’t understand why it is not played The older supporters love it and the younger ones do as well It always gets the crowd going .
I don’t know how long it has been played at city but it seems to always been played in my time apart from recent years :
Milkybarkid

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:46 am

Bring back “You’re simply the best” by Tina Turner. :ayatollah:

Only joking, “Hey Jude” gets the crowd going and I for one am raring to go!
103 Barmy Army

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:48 am

Always loved Hey Jude
2blue2handle

Postby Buchanan's Exocet » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:02 pm

Definitely. Bring back Hey Jude next season.
Memories fade but the scars still linger!
Buchanan's Exocet

Postby City Slicker » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:20 pm

1000% Hey Jude please!
City Slicker

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:34 pm

Paul McCartney at his best.
Beatles the best band ever.
Bring it back.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby pengamblue » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:27 pm

100 % agree BRING IT BACK CCFC also liked that welsh song by daffyd IWAN cant remember the title but it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:
pengamblue

Postby joeywills98 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:39 pm

RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Just listening to hey jude on the radio, would be great to have this back especially now we are in the premiership and in blue this time, what better time to bring it back and would create a special atmosphere for our home matches and really get the crowd and players going.
Ive seen a few posts about bringing it back previously but is this realistic and possible??

Would love to hear it again before matches. But didn’t the team supposedly say they didn’t want it to be played before the Reading game when it had been requested?
joeywills98

Postby 2blue2handle » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:02 pm

joeywills98 wrote:
RhiwEbbwBluebird wrote:Just listening to hey jude on the radio, would be great to have this back especially now we are in the premiership and in blue this time, what better time to bring it back and would create a special atmosphere for our home matches and really get the crowd and players going.

Would love to hear it again before matches. But didn’t the team supposedly say they didn’t want it to be played before the Reading game when it had been requested?

Ive seen this said before, no idea if true but would seem odd.
2blue2handle

Postby TAP_Sheep » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:35 pm

joeywills98 wrote:

Yeah apparently someone emailed the club asking for it to be played before Reading game and the response was supposedly that NW and the team didn’t want it ? Weird
TAP_Sheep

Postby joeywills98 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:10 pm

TAP_Sheep wrote:
joeywills98 wrote:

Yeah apparently someone emailed the club asking for it to be played before Reading game and the response was supposedly that NW and the team didn’t want it ? Weird

Yeah that’s what I seen too, it is an odd one.
joeywills98

Postby Sam ReaN » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Bring back the jukebox idea where the fans get to choose the songs before the matches, that was nice from the club.

Always remember the ring of fire song outside ninian park lol, but 100 percent on hey jude, if warnock wants a great atnosphere at home games then there is no better song to do the job than Hey Jude.

I wanted hey jude for when we played Man City in the cup because they have the song at there home matches so maybe that could off been the revival of the song but still hoping for the return of the classic. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Also On The Sam ReaN YouTube Channel
Cardiff City Highlights On Bits From The Action
The ReaN Show Series 1-6
CardiffFanTV / On Facebook & YouTube
Vlogging Adventures
Video Games
SUBSCRIBE IN 2024
Sam ReaN

Postby The Harry Lash » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:30 pm

I'd rather a song with more local connections. Bit weird when Liverpool and Everton come to town.
The Harry Lash

Postby Lengee » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 pm

pengamblue wrote:100 % agree BRING IT BACK CCFC also liked that welsh song by daffyd IWAN cant remember the title but it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The WELSH song was YMA O HYD (by Dafydd Iwan) and it is by far far the best pre match song for us. :thumbup: I am sure Warnock would like it.
THE CHORUS MEANS IN SPITE OF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING WE ARE STILL HERE. That's pretty apt for the BLUEBIRDS :bluebird: and it lets other fans know that they have crossed the border and are in for a BATTLE. :bluebird:
I don't mind them playing Hey Jude it's a good song but with nothing unique to associate it with us. (Might as well play You'll never Walk Alone!)

It's Yma o Hyd for me!!! :thumbup:

(Otherwise let's have a song that we can sing different words to and make it our own). :wave:
Lengee

Postby RhiwEbbwBluebird » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:29 pm

Yes great welsh song
RhiwEbbwBluebird

Postby TopCat CCFC » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:31 pm

:bluebird:
TopCat CCFC

Postby Plymuff Bloobird » Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Right here right now was played before the Reading game by Fatboy Slim.
That made me quite emotional,as it was come on guys lets get the job done now....right now right here.
Horses for courses maybe.
Plymuff Bloobird

Postby Chris Holmes » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:05 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:Bring back the jukebox idea where the fans get to choose the songs before the matches, that was nice from the club.

Always remember the ring of fire song outside ninian park lol, but 100 percent on hey jude, if warnock wants a great atnosphere at home games then there is no better song to do the job than Hey Jude.

I wanted hey jude for when we played Man City in the cup because they have the song at there home matches so maybe that could off been the revival of the song but still hoping for the return of the classic. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Agreed that the club should consider the City Jukebox

West Ham have a similar thing with a playlist in operation.
https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... y-playlist

Your Hammers matchday playlist
West Ham United fans have put together the ultimate matchday playlist, which you can listen to on Spotify below.

With the help of West Ham TV presenter Chris Scull, and your plentiful suggestions, we've put together the ultimate playlist of over 70 matchday songs.

So whether it's the best tunes you like to hear in the lead-up to kick-off at London Stadium, or the songs you listen to to get yourself up for the match, there's everything you need on our playlist!

Chris invited suggestions for songs via Twitter, and there was also the opportunity to submit your selections by email too.

It's not too late to get involved either - if there are any songs you'd like included, let us know by emailing us at playlist@westhamunited.co.uk

In the meantime, get in the mood for Sunday's visit of Everton by clicking play below!

Read more at https://www.whufc.com/news/articles/201 ... B8LUDgo.99
Chris Holmes

Postby City Slicker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:17 pm

Lengee wrote:
pengamblue wrote:100 % agree BRING IT BACK CCFC also liked that welsh song by daffyd IWAN cant remember the title but it makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

The WELSH song was YMA O HYD (by Dafydd Iwan) and it is by far far the best pre match song for us. :thumbup: I am sure Warnock would like it.
THE CHORUS MEANS IN SPITE OF EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING WE ARE STILL HERE. That's pretty apt for the BLUEBIRDS :bluebird: and it lets other fans know that they have crossed the border and are in for a BATTLE. :bluebird:
I don't mind them playing Hey Jude it's a good song but with nothing unique to associate it with us. (Might as well play You'll never Walk Alone!)

It's Yma o Hyd for me!!! :thumbup:

(Otherwise let's have a song that we can sing different words to and make it our own). :wave:

No doesn't do it for me, let's have hey Jude please
City Slicker

Postby CP25Bluebird » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:12 am

What happened to the "I'll be there" song? Don't hear that at games much now?
CP25Bluebird

Postby City Slicker » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:07 am

CP25Bluebird wrote:What happened to the "I'll be there" song? Don't hear that at games much now?

Fair point! For me this is OUR song. It's unique to us. I'll be there and Hey Jude is all we need to rev up fans and players before games. Let's make next season the mighty "I'll be there" season :bluescarf:
City Slicker

Postby F Block » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Its not the team or manager. Someone at the top doesn't like Hey Jude, and the Beatles.
F Block

Postby rustyblue » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:32 pm

Warnock is really superstitious and won't change anything leading up to a game until a loss, according to his book, so maybe this is the reason he won't allow a change to hey jude mid season.
rustyblue

Return to General Chat