Anyone But England

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone But England

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Can you imagine what it would be like if they won the World Cup? No matter what channel you are watching or who you tune in to watch all they want to talk about is England. The sooner they are knocked out the better but even at the final they will probably be talking how well they did to beat Tunisia 2-1 in the opening game
CF23 Bluebird

Anyone But England

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Anyone But England

Postby montyblue » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:53 pm

They have the mighty panama to overcome they now they are going to win but imagine if panama did an iceland then they would be bricking it Belgium last game and tunisia would play Panama its not going to happen unfortunately tbey will wun and play out needless game with belgium with both having qualified pity they where'nt playing belgium 1st that would have been more interesting instead we have to put up with the pundits and panels on every program for another week ffs waffling on that they could win it.
montyblue

Postby Bananas » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 pm

Let's be honest they are a shit team with shitty fans and shitty biased commentators. Sooner the tw@ts are out the better. :old:
Bananas

Postby Llan_Blue » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Very bitter and cringy some of these comments.

I hope England win, I’d be happy if they won the World Cup.

All there players are players who we watch week in week out an entertain us every week. Pathetic having so much hatred for the England team we were all on the pitch a few weeks ago at the ccs celebrating that we made it in to the Premier League let’s not forget that.
Llan_Blue

Postby Chris Holmes » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Watching all the chat on TV and stuff in the papers on England it's difficult to believe they have only played one game so far, it feels like they have already had three fixtures
Chris Holmes

Postby CF23 Bluebird » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:21 pm

Llan_Blue wrote:Very bitter and cringy some of these comments.

All there players are players who we watch week in week out an entertain us every week. Pathetic having so much hatred for the England team we were all on the pitch a few weeks ago at the ccs celebrating that we made it in to the Premier League let’s not forget that.

How old are you? Fps have you no idea if our rivalry? and if you look at most of their message boards they don't want us there because the call it the Epl.
CF23 Bluebird

Postby montyblue » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Are you serious about wishing england would win the world cup are you welsh? You would never hear the end of it, my gripe is with the panalists pundits media not the players but i must say that some of them have the arrogant side to there nature which tends to get people's backs up Example gary Neville said tonight infront of the invited guest from sweden larsson and laughed when he said sweden are and play really boring .
montyblue

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Is liverpool/everton rivalry cringe? Rangers/celtic? Poland/Russia? Man Utd/Man City?

Why is Wales/England any different to any other rivalry between neighbours?

As for their players entertaining us every week nearly every team in the world cup have players entertaining us in the premiership what's your point??

Your point about celebrating promotion to the premier league is just daft and totally irrelevant to international football.
WelshPatriot

Postby WelshPatriot » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:35 pm

montyblue wrote:Are you serious about wishing england would win the world cup are you welsh? You would never hear the end of it, my gripe is with the panalists pundits media not the players but i must say that some of them have the arrogant side to there nature which tends to get people's backs up Example gary Neville said tonight infront of the invited guest from sweden larsson and laughed when he said sweden are and play really boring .

Neville showed the typical arrogance they are renowned for.

Belgium today against Tunisia showed just how poor England are.
WelshPatriot

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:58 pm

I wonder if we will ever stop hearing about how they humbled the mighty Tunisia in the 2018 World Cup.
Steve Zodiak

Postby Dazzy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:30 pm

CF23 Bluebird wrote:Can you imagine what it would be like if they won the World Cup? No matter what channel you are watching or who you tune in to watch all they want to talk about is England. The sooner they are knocked out the better but even at the final they will probably be talking how well they did to beat Tunisia 2-1 in the opening game

Highly unlikely to happen...so let’s relax. And so what if it did...WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE!...:ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Who needs Cantona, when we’ve got Stantona?
Dazzy

Postby Llan_Blue » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:35 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

Is liverpool/everton rivalry cringe? Rangers/celtic? Poland/Russia? Man Utd/Man City?

As for their players entertaining us every week nearly every team in the world cup have players entertaining us in the premiership what's your point??

Your point about celebrating promotion to the premier league is just daft and totally irrelevant to international football.

There is no Wales England rivalry in football at all. They have always been far far far better then us.

And my point about celebrating promotion to the top tier of ENGLISH football isn’t daft. I don’t get how you could possibly despise English football so much yet celebrate promotion where all around the world we will be described as a EPL team.

An as for all the fans of other teams saying we shouldn’t be in the league that’s just there number one go to excuse when we’ve just beat them.

The Anybody but England thing is usually just said because people think it’s the cool safe thing to say.

If Wales were playing England I’d obviously want them to win that little bit more then if we were playing somebody else just because they are our neighbors and bragging rights etc.
But there is no heated rivalry that would make me want to celebrate them losing and going home like I celebrated when our six fingered inbred heroin addicted mutant friends down west.
Llan_Blue

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:11 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

There is no Wales England rivalry in football at all. They have always been far far far better then us.

And my point about celebrating promotion to the top tier of ENGLISH football isn’t daft. I don’t get how you could possibly despise English football so much yet celebrate promotion where all around the world we will be described as a EPL team.

An as for all the fans of other teams saying we shouldn’t be in the league that’s just there number one go to excuse when we’ve just beat them.

The Anybody but England thing is usually just said because people think it’s the cool safe thing to say.

If Wales were playing England I’d obviously want them to win that little bit more then if we were playing somebody else just because they are our neighbors and bragging rights etc.
But there is no heated rivalry that would make me want to celebrate them losing and going home like I celebrated when our six fingered inbred heroin addicted mutant friends down west.

There is no rivalry I'm assuming you weren't around during the home nations championship tournaments? I take it you weren't at the Wales England games in 2006? Our nearest international team and you claim theres no rivalry. It breaks English hearts if they lose to Wales but hey theres no rivalry.

You totally avoided answering my question as to why a Wales England rivalry is cringy, think the same about Portugal and Spain??is that cringe?

You mention about the league the discussion is about the international team. Cardiff in the premiership us about playing the best teams in club football for me not about being in an English league.

You post things as fact like " the anybody but England thing is usually just said because people think it's the cool safe thing" what are you basing that on for you to state that?? If you think that so be it but don't post it as fact when you can't back the claim up. For a lot of Welsh and English there is a very big rivalry.

Some people think putting down the anybody but England thing is cool and makes them better.....see what I did there.
WelshPatriot

Postby JimCP91 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:39 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

What a daft statement. There is a huge rivalry between Wales and England. It doesnt matter if they are more succesful than us, that doesnt define a rivalry. Theyre are our neighbours and oppressors; of course there is a rivalry.

Im not sure if you were in France for Euro 2016; but it was evident there and also during past encounters. Did you see how our welsh national side celebrated Iceland beating them?

In relation to us playing in their national league, this holds zero bearing on whether or not somebody should want them to win.

I for one hope they go out sooner rather than later.
JimCP91

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:59 am

One of the best things about being English is reading the hilarious bitter drivel from the Scottish and Welsh small timers. They are the Birmingham City of Britain and never let us down for a good laugh :lol:

As for it being all over the TV, you could always set up a Welsh channel and watch programes about sheep, valleys and mountains. :lol:
Young Nibs said:
Sven I’m not sure if you're stupid or just pretending to be mate!
AV3

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:05 am

AV3 wrote:One of the best things about being English is reading the hilarious bitter drivel from the Scottish and Welsh small timers. They are the Birmingham City of Britain and never let us down for a good laugh :lol:

As for it being all over the TV, you could always set up a Welsh channel and watch programes about sheep, valleys and mountains. :lol:

Reared your head at last then.
WelshPatriot

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:09 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
AV3 wrote:One of the best things about being English is reading the hilarious bitter drivel from the Scottish and Welsh small timers. They are the Birmingham City of Britain and never let us down for a good laugh :lol:

Nothing to do with rearing my head pal.

I just didn't feel the urge to respond to childish drivel about me coming from Maesteg etc. Where the fcuk is Maesteg anyway? It sounds like a strong solvent. :lol:
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby stephendavid » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:17 am

AV3 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Nothing to do with rearing my head pal.

I just didn't feel the urge to respond to childish drivel about me coming from Maesteg etc. Where the fcuk is Maesteg anyway? It sounds like a strong solvent. :lol:

Why you not over in russia buddy......same as the 1000s of others eh bum fell out of you AV4 has it hahahaha,get that road map out ready for Rotherham an wigan this year son enjoy your season loooool
stephendavid

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I guess you have been living on another planet for the past 100 years. There is, and always has been a tremendous rivalry between Wales & England, just the same as in nearly every other sport where the two nations come up against each other. As for England always being better than us, you must be very young or have a very short memory. Besides the times we have beaten them in the home nations championship, including a 4-1 drubbing at the Racecourse, it was'nt Wales who came home with their tail between their legs after failing to progress from the group stages at the last Euros.
Steve Zodiak

Postby AV3 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:31 am

Never watched England in my life sonny, other than a friendly at Villa Park whilst Wembley was being rebuilt that my son wanted to see. I can take or leave them.

That doesn't stop me laughing at how bitter and angry some of you lot get about us. :lol:

It makes the World Cup so much more enjoyable.
Young Nibs said:
AV3

Postby Bakedalasker » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:34 am

At least we have never come home in disgrace.
Bakedalasker

Postby rumpo kid » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:35 am

Apologies AV3...the Benidorm coach party lot are out in force today.
rumpo kid

Postby boyo1927 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:37 am

Every Wales v England game I went too. Eahx time we conceded there fans went barmy as a rival would. I was at old Trafford when we lost 2 nil. They loved beating us Welsh.
boyo1927

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:58 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I’m with you on all this over the top shite over England as most of us have English friends, over half of our team is English with an English manager, coaches etc but to say there is no rivalry is complete nonsense mate. Utter garbage.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:59 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I guess you have been living on another planet for the past 100 years. There is, and always has been a tremendous rivalry between Wales & England, just the same as in nearly every other sport where the two nations come up against each other. As for England always being better than us, you must be very young or have a very short memory. Besides the times we have beaten them in the home nations championship, including a 4-1 drubbing at the Racecourse, it was'nt Wales who came home with their tail between their legs after failing to progress from the group stages at the last Euros.

You must be very old with a very forgetful memory.
Attachments
DC27D565-77FB-47D6-BDFD-623F7280F16D.png
DC27D565-77FB-47D6-BDFD-623F7280F16D.png (426.63 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
B068AEE3-06AC-4FB8-AFAD-BB57056AFA68.png
B068AEE3-06AC-4FB8-AFAD-BB57056AFA68.png (444.79 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Llan_Blue

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:24 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

I’m with you on all this over the top shite over England as most of us have English friends, over half of our team is English with an English manager, coaches etc but to say there is no rivalry is complete nonsense mate. Utter garbage.

you can't be rivals because you have English friends that gets the award for the most ridiculous statement yet.

I've got English friends, Jack friends, Bristolian friends doesn't stop them being rivals ha ha!!
WelshPatriot

Postby Steve Zodiak » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:28 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

Your stated they have "always" been far better than us. We have won 14 times against them, and drawn 21 times. How did we manage that if they have always been far better than us. They have often been better than us, and so they should considering they have a population of 65m compared to our 3m. To say there is no rivalry between the two countries is nonsense, and I am guessing you did not attend the home nations games at Ninian Park when these were played at the end of every season.
Steve Zodiak

Postby WelshPatriot » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:29 am

Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

So correct me if I'm wrong here:

1. They are our nearest bordering country

2. We've played each other over 100 times.

3.We played in a home nations championship including England for over 100 years.

4. We play at club level week in week out against English opposition.

But according to you we aren't allowed to see them as rivals???
WelshPatriot

Postby Sven » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:36 am

AV3 wrote:Never watched England in my life sonny, other than a friendly at Villa Park whilst Wembley was being rebuilt that my son wanted to see. I can take or leave them.

That doesn't stop me laughing at how bitter and angry some of you lot get about us. :lol:

It makes the World Cup so much more enjoyable.
Attachments
Troll Warning Sign.jpg
Troll Warning Sign.jpg (121.63 KiB) Viewed 1583 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Llan_Blue » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:59 am

WelshPatriot wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:
Llan_Blue wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

So correct me if I'm wrong here:

1. They are our nearest bordering country

2. We've played each other over 100 times.

3.We played in a home nations championship including England for over 100 years.

4. We play at club level week in week out against English opposition.

But according to you we aren't allowed to see them as rivals???

You can see them as you want.

But there isn’t a rivalry like we have with the jacks or Bristol.

It’s just bitter jealousy.

An everybody going on about if they win we’d never hear the end of it we got to the semi final of the euros an most people haven’t shut up about it.
Llan_Blue

Next

Return to General Chat